Tanukitsune

I think my 360 is dying... AGAIN!

My 360 died right before my vacation started.... It came back the day it ended...

That was two or three months ago... I barely played it since... But last week I got Condemned, and this week I got RE 5, FAR CRY 2, Street Fighter IV and Bionic Commando... and I have a long weekend... So obviously the screen goes green and the voice is gone...:woohoo::clap:

Is there ANY chance this ISN'T the sign that the RROD is around the corner?

Although I'm positive it is...

The worst part is.... there is no way I'll get mine back in time to play Brutal Legend...:frusty::(:fart::violin::getmecoat

Seriously, this is ridiculous, I only played demos and XBLA trials since it go back, there is NO WAY the GPU can die that quickly and easily! But it seems it did!

I swear the ones you get back from the repair program are actually of a lower quality than new ones.

Which is why I ended up buying a new arcade when my last one died out of warranty.

So obviously the screen goes green and the voice is gone...:woohoo::clap:

Well the screen going green could easily indicate a problem with your TV and/or cables... and I noticed that Voice had gone (ie. nobody could hear me) when the batteries went low in my controller.

(How's that for a bit of sunny optimism? :))

Hmm... It's gone now... I didn't really do anything to try and fix it since last time though... Did it overheat or what? D:

Possibly. I have actually never had any problems with the 360 I got back from my first (and only) RROD, and it's been almost/over a year now. I think I may have lucked out and gotten a newer one from MS. Glad to hear you may be sorted. With any luck, if it is about to go, it'll be a week or so after you finish Brutal Legend.

I know that around here, there are people who will fix 360's for $40 or so, apparently fairly reliably. Maybe you can find someone who can fix it if it barfs without having to send it in? I guess it's a quick and easy fix but I think it may void your warranty completely. I've been really lucky and never had a problem with mine so far *knock on wood*.

Possibly. I have actually never had any problems with the 360 I got back from my first (and only) RROD, and it's been almost/over a year now. I think I may have lucked out and gotten a newer one from MS. Glad to hear you may be sorted. With any luck, if it is about to go, it'll be a week or so after you finish Brutal Legend.

With my luck it will RROD the moment I put the Brutal Legend disc in...:hah:

I know that around here, there are people who will fix 360's for $40 or so, apparently fairly reliably. Maybe you can find someone who can fix it if it barfs without having to send it in? I guess it's a quick and easy fix but I think it may void your warranty completely. I've been really lucky and never had a problem with mine so far *knock on wood*.

I don't know of any console repair shops in my area...;(

I swear the ones you get back from the repair program are actually of a lower quality than new ones.

Which is why I ended up buying a new arcade when my last one died out of warranty.

I know mine totally came back. Mine was mint condition, I didn't use it for months, I turn it on and bam, its dead. When I get it back the dvd player sounded like a weed wacker.

It barely opens the tray now and I'm sure its about to die pretty soon, I stopped watching dvds on it just to keep it alive a little longer.

Damn, this disheartens me. I'm sending them back my RROD'd refurb unit. Got my first one post-Christmas in 2006 and after about six months the graphics kept locking up until it was impossible to get past the startup screen. Got one back with a wonky DVD drive that often crapped out discs. It got gradually worse and eventually - months ago - RROD'd. I tried it recently and it got two seconds into the startup screen, but froze. I hope they don't send it back unrepaired because I can't prove it red-ringed, but oh well.

I think the reason you get sent shitty ones back is that the good, newer ones never break.

Wow, that's shit.

How could they release such a broken piece of shit to market? I'll probably end up buying a new one when my upcoming refurb inevitably dies.