shammack

PAX East

I've got a pass. I'm a 33 year old manchild. I have no idea what I am getting myself into. Given none of my friends play video games, I'm going on my own, so it will be good to meet up with you guys.

I've got a pass. I'm a 33 year old manchild. I have no idea what I am getting myself into. Given none of my friends play video games, I'm going on my own, so it will be good to meet up with you guys.

If you're going to go to an event by yourself, PAX is a great choice. Pretty much everyone is really nice from the staff to the attendees, and it's totally easy to find pickup groups for freeplay games. There's always someone nearby in the board game checkout library for example who's really excited to teach you their favorite game, and they'll just invite you to join their group. If you don't worry too much about not being there with anyone it's totally easy to have a good time.

I'll be there for you, goonsire.

I'm excited about this thing. I'll mostly be running around trying to earn my press pass, but I'd be into a get-together.

My feet hurt just thinking about it.

So, this is hilariously late to be asking, but is anyone with a PAX hotel room looking for a roommate? I might be able to make it out at the last minute but I have no accommodations.

I sent you a PM Chris.

If this awesome weather continues into next weekend (its 70 tomorrow) I'll totally make good on my promise to host thumbs. My building has a sweet roof deck:

n5jvgg.jpg

Edited by SoulChicken

I will be going to this. :D An EastThumbs meetup would be neat. I'm not really the most Boston-saavy, but I did live there for the better part of a year, so if any Thumbs are confused about the T I can give some assistance.

Also, Chris, if you're stepping off the plane and still dont have a place to go I can ask my former roomates if they'll give up one of their rooms for you, if thats not too weird or anything. They've already gotta deal with me taking their couch, so I'm not sure what they'd say.

SoulChicken, are you in Back Bay? At least that's what it looks like from the photo:hmph:

SoulChicken, are you in Back Bay? At least that's what it looks like from the photo:hmph:

Top of the South End on East berkeley street. Dpp are you going to PAX?

I have a room for two all to myself that I wouldn't mind splitting. It's at the Colonnade, which is a block from the expo center.

It looks like SoulChicken has Chris covered, but if anyone else needs accommodations, it's available.

Fuck yeah I'm going to PAX... even though I have some presentations I need to prepare for the following week :(

If I was in the area, I'd go for the barbie and booze. If I had guaranteed income I'd also consider catching a plane to do it. Would be funny too, just to say that I got a flight to the US for a barbecue.

Not very green though! :P

I'm going for the whole show. In for a penny and all that...

I'm gonna show my new iPhone games to anyone who'll listen, and shower the place with fliers. :)

Do we have a meetup planned yet, like the one at PAX 2009?

Oh yeah, I suppose I forgot to mention I'm Friday Only. I was lazy and didnt register until they'd sold out of All Weekends :frusty:

I'll be in town for the whole weekend anyway.. so if we have a meetup outside that isnt Friday, I'm still able to attend.

I tried to think of any restaurants or anything in walking distance that would be large enough for a potentially large group. But... I didnt really go out to eat enough in the area to think of one.

Looks like the balmy spring weather is gone for a little bit, its like walking through a cloud outside today. Looks sunny but cold on the weekend, good in that the nerds will be less sweaty, bad in that no rooftop grillin'.

Yes, but you did promise to host us no matter what, so you better be prepared for everyone to be draped over your couches.

So, is there gonna be a PAX meet up?

Also, I don't have any friends who are into games, so I'll be happy to tag along with anyone who's in the same boat...