shammack

PAX East

Perhaps it's a little early to be asking, but... anyone going?

I'm considering it, but I'm not sure how my calendar will look at that point. I don't really have tons of money, so the prospect of just buying the tickets and possibly not going isn't the most palatable thing I can imagine.

Well, since I live in Boston I can't pass this one up. Finally some east coast love!

I'd consider it depending on when it is and how busy I am at the time. I love conventions so definitely interested, we'll see if it works out or not.

I'm thinking of trying to make it out on my own dime rather than for work. That would depend on being able to swing a frequent flier plane ticket though I think, since cross-country flights aren't cheap.

I'm thinking of trying to make it out on my own dime rather than for work. That would depend on being able to swing a frequent flier plane ticket though I think, since cross-country flights aren't cheap.
Maybe this is expensive and I just don't know what a normal flight costs, but I got a round trip ticket from Detroit to San Diego for like $375 which seemed pretty good to me, I had never flown though. The flights were also like 4 months apart so maybe that had to do with it but it was with Frontier if that helps.

I don't know how American companies do it, but getting from Calgary (About Montana-ish) to Toronto (Buffalo/Detroit?) is only about CAD$400. I have three sisters who all live around that city, so I make the trip semi-frequently. Never really breaks me, financially.

Edited by miffy495
fixin' a typo

I may attempt to go on my own dime, but we'll see, schedule (and being bothered to actually get a ticket, hotel etc) permitting.

If you come I will host a cocktail party in my loft for thumbs. (I'm pretty close to where they hold it.) If the weather is spring-like, we can have it on the roof deck and grill it up like a motherfucker.

You can hold me to this!

Wow, I didn't know this was going on. I missed regular Pax this year because I moved from vancouver to montreal, so this kind of works out and always wanted to visit some east coast american cities.

Well, shit, if there will be cocktails... I like Sazeracs, FYI.

If there are enough people attending, I will make cookies. I have been told that my cookies are amazingly awesome.

So, plan on coming to PAX East!

COOKIES

Well, shit, if there will be cocktails... I like Sazeracs, FYI.

Probably the first cocktail ever invented! Also pretty hardcore, absinthe and rye whisky. That's the kind of cocktail I'm talking about.

I'm hoping to go, I live in Montreal so I can take a bus down to Boston. It might clash with my trip to the UK in March though... hopefully I can do both :)

http://www.paxsite.com/paxeast/registration.php

Tickets are up for sale. I'm still on the fence about this, as Boston may not be cheap and, yeah looking at Kenty's plan it's like 8 hours from Montreal to Boston by bus, so I may not be up for that, lol.

On a side note; anyone going to Montreal Game Summit? My first year here I may check it out.

I really want to wait for a schedule, but I do want to see Newyork this year while I'm on this side, so maybe that'll be a good time to take a week and see the eastern seaboard.

Don't think the dates are going to work out for me, too much of a hassle with school still going on to be rushing around for the weekend.

I still haven't got that early bird ticket... I'll definitely go if I'm around, but I might be out of the US while it's on. :frusty:

cruise_cocktail.JPG

When he pours, he reigns. That has to be a joke tagline. Surely that's not real.

Man, I 'd love some PAX love, but it won't be for a while. Maybe as soon as Pax Paris hits.

I think passes are all sold out, or close to, so it's time for roll-call. Who's a-comin'?