ThunderPeel2001

Google Wave

PM me your email address and I'll send them out, ThunderPeel2001, PiratePooAndHisBattleship and Moosferatu

I heard from a friend that it can take days before you actually get your invite though. Not sure why this is.

I hope I get it sooooon.

Most of the "invites" at first were actually just "move to the front of the invite queue" tags, so you wouldn't immediately get an invite but would be a lot closer to getting one than the people who just asked for an invite through the Wave site.

P.S. I'd love a Wave invite. I have no idea what I'd use it for, though. Just like my Google Voice number, which I rarely use.

How much of its usefulness is reliant on other people having it? I like messing around with fancy new things, but I wouldn't want to waste an invitation on my uninformed curiosity.

It's 100% dependent upon others also having it. There's a bunch of thumbs people on now, which resulted in a slightly crazy wave, but on the whole it's pretty uneventful.

Woopwoop! I got my invite a moment ago. Trying to figure it all out now. Good stuff. :D

How much of its usefulness is reliant on other people having it? I like messing around with fancy new things, but I wouldn't want to waste an invitation on my uninformed curiosity.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised it doesn't take my current email inbox and "wave" it. Right now I feel like the guy with the first telephone.

If someone is still having troubles getting rid of the invitations, I'm willing to help you out.

I started a wave with myself, but I don't think that's the point...

I'm michael.leader.

Right now I feel like the guy with the first telephone.

I know what you mean. To be honest, I think Wave will be awesome with on friend of mine. He's the only person I IM with nowadays, and we send often crazy branching emails at each other, so the Wave will help us keep track of things.

At the moment, though, it's tumbleweed central.

If this can't integrate normal emails then this thing is going to die a spectacular death... I don't want two places to check if I want to see if people have been in touch. Hmmm.

Also: How do you "send" a wave to somebody??

Mine is [first letter of my username] + [first letter of "googlewave.com"] + [my last name] + "@googlewave.com"

I'm shadowrocker [at] googlewave. I'll post if I ever get some invites.

Waving Thumbs!

-- This has been an edit

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

Dicking around on Google Wave with Toblix and Nevsky was a tremendous amount of fun this morning... but I really don't know if this will be successful if there's no way to integrate your existing emails. I don't want half my friends on one system and the other half on another.

No, they'll have to get some critical mass of users onto the system. My guess is they'll at one point automagically make all gmail users wave users too, either by integrating the systems or allowing very easy switching. They'll also have to make setting up federated servers easy peasy for companies. Then, I guess, they'll have to wait for it to spread like a virus.

Toblix, call me a bad adventure gamer, but I can't figure out what your googlewave.com adres is...