Sombre

How has Idle Thumbs affected your life?

It must have been one all powerful bitch of a time machine to let you go back and change your post like that.

well, It shouldn't have changed my life, making games should not be fun, you should be ashamed of yourselves not to be fearful and pessimistic.

"this site has introduced me to a ton of, incredibly, people"

I accidentally people

well, It shouldn't have changed my life, making games should not be fun, you should be ashamed of yourselves not to be fearful and pessimistic.

Bobby?

i think i smile a lot more on days im listening to the podcast, it makes walking in dreary, cold upstate NY btwn classes much more enjoyable. plus im without my gaming comp up here so its been a way to sadly live out my gaming urges vicariously thru the podcast lol

thanks!

laughing or grinning widely while on the bus w/ strangers is also pretty amusing :)

Aside from freaking out when I had a chance to play Far Cry Instincts: Paradise Lost at an arcade, not much. I probably make even more obscure references, but I try to keep my thumbs stuff to when I'm talking to other thumbs. I guess laughing in public is a thing too, but it doesn't really bother me or stand out in my mind.

But you're not offering Wiiii controllers

ps, I just thought of a nice scam: Project Natal Controllers

I accidentally people

AAAAGGHHH! People around me keep using "accidentally" as a VERB, is this a meme I've forgotten or something?!

Aaaahhh... hokay.

Now that that's been taken care of, how has Idle Thumbs affected my life?

I dunno.... "working" here was all kinds of excruciating. Except for maybe the logo (which is impossible to use in anything unless it is peeking from behind something) and the Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures Preview (which is also all kinds of awkward), I don't know if I have really contributed much of quality, that I could look back on and be proud of. Most if not all of the articles I have written are obnoxious, narcissistic, meandering, long, pointless, unreadable. :hmph:

As far as how listening to the podcast has affected my life, Jake's example has made me accept the fact that I am a gamer who doesn't play games. I used to think I was some sort of unique freak, but I guess I am more of a demographic—or at the very least, there is two of us, so I am no longer alone! :gaming::gaming:

Civ 4 complete (still need to play that).

I just saw you boot that up on Steam. Hooray for actually doing things you say you will!

Every stupid little fucking thing that's happened to me in the past five years I can put down to Idle Thumbs.

Jake's example has made me accept the fact that I am a gamer who doesn't play games. I used to think I was some sort of unique freak, but I guess I am more of a demographic—or at the very least, there is two of us, so I am no longer alone! :gaming::gaming:

You guys...the two Smash Bros. Melee guys...it's one big party baby.

I fall in with Jake as someone who loves video games, but is pretty bad at them (no offense, Jake).

Yeah it really seems to have greatly impacted the UK team. You guys should post more, I miss the antics.

Yeah, what the fuck? Did you all spawn lives or something? :deranged:

Idle Thumbs made Wednesdays the best damn day of the working week.

It was already a pretty good day as I look forward to a regular game of footy during my lunch hour. Getting back to work afterwards and listening to the cast in the afternoon is the icing on the cake.

It was just another boring day at work. Spaff suggested we go out for some fresh air and grab a pie from the bakery. On the way there he said:

"So Ben, since coming back from E3 and continuing discussions with Jake and Marek about it I've decided I want to do this new site, I want to move away from Mojo and create something that covers more; also most game sites are bollocks: they don't write about games intelligently or discuss them with any sense of fun like we all do when we're hanging out. Anyway, so you've got professional writing and editing experience and I want you on-board..."

And that's where it all started. We didn't even have a name then.

I've met some awesome people here and across the pond; shared some great experiences; argued (probably a bit too passionately) about the quality of our articles; tracked down Eric Chahi; slept on random floors and five-star hotels alike; survived GDC plagues; feared my friend was dead in a ditch in LA; insulted Eric Zimmerman; and risen through the ranks of publishers and developers alike. All thanks to that boring job and Spaff's bakery run proposal.

Edited by Ben

Idle Thumbs has lengthened my lifespan by two years but lowered my average quality of life by 70%.

feared my friend was dead in a ditch in LA
Oh hah, I remember that. That was quite a weird freakout. What is Alex up to anyway?