Sign in to follow this  
GameDreamer

If you thought the Saitek Cyborg was crazy...

As long as it doesn't deploy a crawling perimeter wall that slowly takes over your desk, I think you'll be fine.

Honestly, that seems pretty rad. It's so compartmentalized, in a really visually intuitive way.

Christ, $700 though. Bah. I had been thinking I really wanted one until I reached the end of the article.

Honestly, that seems pretty rad. It's so compartmentalized, in a really visually intuitive way.

Christ, $700 though. Bah. I had been thinking I really wanted one until I reached the end of the article.

Also no Falcon slot, now that's a deal breaker.

Agreed with Chris. Goddamn that's a pretty case. I'm always dealing with way too much heat in my small living arrangements too, so the open air design is incredibly appealing to me. The only reason I can think of for the price is "BMW," but otherwise I'd be snapping one up myself.

Beautiful... but probably not timeless as Nach pointed out. I reckon the price will go down after xmas when they realise nobody wants to pay that much and people want to get rid of stock.

The more I look at it, the more I think that right now it triggers monumental tech lust, but sometime in the next 5 years it will suddenly look incredibly tacky.

Carving the box down to essentials like that, making the internal form of a PC into a nice external form, is a really nice idea. It comes across not as industrial design though, but more visual design, so it'll date like fashion :/

The more I look at it, the more I think that right now it triggers monumental tech lust, but sometime in the next 5 years it will suddenly look incredibly tacky.

Carving the box down to essentials like that, making the internal form of a PC into a nice external form, is a really nice idea. It comes across not as industrial design though, but more visual design, so it'll date like fashion :/

Yeah, I think this looks pretty good and unique now, but give it a year and there will be a load of copycats and everyone will be sick of it. They won't. I feel the same way about internal LEDs and case windows, but people still seem to love them.

Yeah, I think this looks pretty good and unique now, but give it a year and there will be a load of copycats and everyone will be sick of it. They won't. I feel the same way about internal LEDs and case windows, but people still seem to love them.

I don't see any functional use for those things though, they're purely cosmetic (and tacky). This seems like a genuinely useful case design, as long as it's actually a good case.

I don't see any functional use for those things though, they're purely cosmetic (and tacky). This seems like a genuinely useful case design, as long as it's actually a good case.

Yeah I can see where you are coming from.

Cosmetically I think that the module for the Graphics card, etc should have been flat on the side in a similar fashion to the Optical drives and PSU. The thing itself as a good mass at over 21Kilograms too.

You make a good point. The thing that has me excited about it (if I had the money to invest in such a hobby-ist project) would be the possibilities for modding this thing. It's so open-ended it's almost like an "open-source" PC case.