ysbreker

Idle thumbs London meet!

I know what he looks like, it's just this guy really looked like him but with a beard. I know Kieron has flirted with beardry before, but I wasn't sure if he has one at the moment. So I got TP to go check for me :mrt:

Hmmm... that's not quite how I remember it :) (Although damn if that guy didn't look like him.)

Jesus, that bbx1138 was a real loser.

Anyway, I want to kickstart some IRL Thumb community gatherings.

Although it's proved unsuccessful in the past, my go-to is cinema marathons. So:

BTTF trilogy 27th July

Friday 13th marathon 13th July (considering preceding home-based Nightmare marathon, then post-marathon completion-marathon (ie Jason X and FvJ).

If none of this tickles anyone's fancy, then howsabout just, y'know, going for a beer?

Jesus, that bbx1138 was a real loser.

Anyway, I want to kickstart some IRL Thumb community gatherings.

Although it's proved unsuccessful in the past, my go-to is cinema marathons. So:

BTTF trilogy 27th July

Friday 13th marathon 13th July (considering preceding home-based Nightmare marathon, then post-marathon completion-marathon (ie Jason X and FvJ).

If none of this tickles anyone's fancy, then howsabout just, y'know, going for a beer?

I'd be really tempted for the BTTF trilogy. However, I think I'm going to a recording of either QI or the Infinite Monkey Cage that day... :( A beer may be possible, though!

It would be good to meet up again and drink beer. Sadly, I am so rarely in London these days, that it is very unlikely.

I'd be really tempted for the BTTF trilogy. However, I think I'm going to a recording of either QI or the Infinite Monkey Cage that day... :( A beer may be possible, though!

I don't want to sound like I'm going for the hard sell, but QI is on every week and I only ever hear stories from mates about queuing for ages then getting turned away. This monkey band, I dunno.

Scrobbs: no excuse! Come to London specially to see the floods of Thumbs who are just about to answer this thread!

I don't want to sound like I'm going for the hard sell, but QI is on every week and I only ever hear stories from mates about queuing for ages then getting turned away. This monkey band, I dunno.

Scrobbs: no excuse! Come to London specially to see the floods of Thumbs who are just about to answer this thread!

Infinite Monkey Cage is a Science/comedy radio 4 show, hosted by Brian Cox and Robin Ince + weekly special guests.

Also, I kinda have an 'in' to both, meaning I'll definitely get into QI recording and will get to hang out with Stephen Fry afterward; same with IMC and Brian Cox...

Last minute notice:

http://indiegamemovie.eventbrite.com

Indie Game The Movie screening in London tomorrow. I'm deffo going, with Andy Roper from Indie Skies Games, and will probably have a few drinks before/after. Anyone fancy joining at any point?

with Andy Roper from Indie Skies

Jesus Christ that guy gets everywhere. Meeting him for a beer tonight :)

Jesus Christ that guy gets everywhere. Meeting him for a beer tonight :)

How I can afford to be everywhere still astounds me. :D

Apparently Nach was able to bring up the details of my and Dan Marshall's first meeting at the touch of a phone.

The film was flawed but enjoyable, and it was cool to see Andy/Arndreth, Thunder and a gang of Andy's young nerdy dev mates.

Thunder and I decided that we should set up a drinks-only (no cinema trip style turn-offs) Thumbs London meet. So, we need to gather names and decide on a date. Who's up for London drinks at some point in the next three months?

Good to see you again Ben, and this time, Sober! Great to meet Thunder as well :D

I'd be up for that, Doesn't take me long to get into london (1.5 - 2 hours normally). I'll try not to cycle around hyde park manically before meeting you this time. August onwards is best for me, my july is busier than madness.

Apparently Nach was able to bring up the details of my and Dan Marshall's first meeting at the touch of a phone.

The film was flawed but enjoyable, and it was cool to see Andy/Arndreth, Thunder and a gang of Andy's young nerdy dev mates.

Thunder and I decided that we should set up a drinks-only (no cinema trip style turn-offs) Thumbs London meet. So, we need to gather names and decide on a date. Who's up for London drinks at some point in the next three months?

I'm in London next weekend for the UK SC II championship (not playing) on the Sunday London Barcraft might be planning something. Not 100% though.

It's a good story! :)

I really enjoyed Indie Game: The Movie. As someone who was involved in a tech start-up, I related to a lot of the stuff in it about sacrifice, and whether it's worth it or not. (Personally, I say "no", but have to go through it for yourself to see if you agree or not.) Can't really say I saw any glaring flaws. I think it helps you understand and appreciate who these people are, and what they go through. Despite what others have said, it's quite a feel good movie, and I felt inspired after it was over.

One thumb up!

The flaw that mainly gets brought up is how staged a lot of it is, which did niggle me. Also, it's very interview-based, so you don't get a feeling that much is happening. I did still enjoy it, though, it just depends on your taste in documentaries.

Okay, well let us know about next weekend, Patters. Otherwise, shall we say early September? Any other London-ish Thumbs up for it?

As always I will say maybe, then end up not going. That is my way.

Resurrecting this thread (again). I'm going to be in Brighton 6 & 7 September (For dConstruct) and 8 & 9 September in London. Do any of you fancy doing a meetup somewhere during that time?