ysbreker

Idle thumbs London meet!

I am in a plane heading to london and posting from my iPhone... Fuck its awesome that technology could allow such uninteresting things to be told to the world!!

I second the suggestion that we arrange some sort of prior method of identification for the pre-Show and Yell thing. I find it awkward enough looking for friends I've known for most of my life in a pub, let alone STRANGE INTERFOLK. Also, I've put in a silly amount of extra hours this week, which either means I'll be able to leave early and get there in good time, or my workload is horrible and unrealistic and I'll have to stay late and miss the whole bloody thing. Anyway, should we be exchanging phone numbers to aid location or am I overthinking this?

So seeing as I suck, and will be reasonably drunk and dressed as ryu from street fighter in manchester tomorrow, who apart from n0wak and JamesM is going on the saturday? Seeing as I will likely get bored of the expo and want a drink.

Possibly no-one. When will you be getting there? I'll try to get in pretty early to make the most of it, but I make no promises. But yeah, anyone else who wants to meet up on Saturday please speak up or send someone a PM or something. Nevsky seems to be around but without a ticket for the day (if I understand his earlier post correctly), so perhaps we could meet him in a pub for a bit if he so desires. Is there any formally planned Thumb activity that day?

Hmmm... Yeah exchanging numbers might be a good idea.

Here's my number: 07932 542074

Now I just need someone to text me around 8pm tomorrow to let me know where everyone is. (If someone would be so kind.) Otherwise I'll head to the location of Nachimir's thing and try and look for THUMBS.

Really sad to miss this :(

Stupid work.

Although I need the money so... awesome work.

I'll be there in spirit, if you believe in that sort of thing.

I second the suggestion that we arrange some sort of prior method of identification for the pre-Show and Yell thing. I find it awkward enough looking for friends I've known for most of my life in a pub, let alone STRANGE INTERFOLK. Also, I've put in a silly amount of extra hours this week, which either means I'll be able to leave early and get there in good time, or my workload is horrible and unrealistic and I'll have to stay late and miss the whole bloody thing. Anyway, should we be exchanging phone numbers to aid location or am I overthinking this?

Possibly no-one. When will you be getting there? I'll try to get in pretty early to make the most of it, but I make no promises. But yeah, anyone else who wants to meet up on Saturday please speak up or send someone a PM or something. Nevsky seems to be around but without a ticket for the day (if I understand his earlier post correctly), so perhaps we could meet him in a pub for a bit if he so desires. Is there any formally planned Thumb activity that day?

I know a few people going who aren't thumbs, but I'm likely to need food at some point, and a pub should be good enough for that. I'm planning to get to london at 11 so at the expo at about 12, I'll give you a bell or a text just to make sure though.

Ok, so people are aiming to meet at 7pm at The Crosse Keys where Nachimirs event is happening right? I'm going to the event itself so hopefully I'll bump into some Thumbs people at some point.

Hope to see some of you soon!

Oh and my avatar gives a pretty good idea of what I look like apart from I don't have the longer hair anymore. And my skin looks a bit more realistic. But other than that...

My real name is Oscar (and I am the only Oscar that is in existence and ever will be) and you'll be able to reach me @ 0033610667641. Texting would be a good idea seeing as I FUCKING PAY if you call me but not if you text me.

I will be wearing a red armband with a white circle and a swastika in it. You should be able to recognize me that way.

Really sad to miss this

Stupid work.

Although I need the money so... awesome work.

I'll be there in spirit, if you believe in that sort of thing.

+

I also won't be able to come

=

You suck

Ok, so people are aiming to meet at 7pm at The Crosse Keys where Nachimirs event is happening right? I'm going to the event itself so hopefully I'll bump into some Thumbs people at some point.

Correct!

New rule: everyone must have their thumbs constantly up so they can be instantly recognised as Thumbers. :tup:

On a similar note, Idle thumbs Tshirts should be made, and be affordable for us over seas.

I FUCKING PAY if you call me

WTF? Is that just because you'll be outside of France or is it the same at home too? That's mental.

I'll be the short, bespectacled, slightly overweight chap wearing a tatty, faded blue (practically grey now) jacket with light brown hair and an unaccountably ginger beard.

I'll probably get there a bit early so if anyone fancies meeting up before 7 I'll be propping up the bar from around 5ish.

On a similar note, Idle thumbs Tshirts should be made, and be affordable for us over seas.

Also, I'll be wearing a Ben There, Dan That! t-shirt.

Wizards hats would be very appropriate identifiers. Maybe quite easy to come by this close to halloween too? :)

Oh, number: 0780 946 5967

Also, I'll be wearing a Ben There, Dan That! t-shirt.

Really ? Is it using the motif I worked on with Dan months ago but never finished :fart:?

I will be wearing a thick black string tied around my thumb all day long (and a black costume slightly striped).

Aight fuckers, I might head up to London this morning and just come back early for my work shift. That's how much I love you all. I'll probably be wearing this outfit but minus the guitar

8517_131893562342_669547342_2991641_3415870_n.jpg

I'll also have a funky NCsoft backpack. It's black. So feel free to come over and say hi or some shit. I'll also probably be spending most of my time crying and trying to find a corner with an electrical socket so I can charge my laptop and finish my art essays.

[PHONE NUMBER REDACTED]

I'll probably be wearing a T-shirt bearing the likeness of two horses locked in bloody combat. This will equally likely be obscured by some sort of hooded sweatshirt, possibly with a picture of a bear in a tank. Probably not that last part, though.

Sweet. This is happening.

I'll be there wearing a jacket with a pocket containing copies of the Journal of Games. I might be yelling wuxtry but no guarantees.

Oh my god this queue is full of terrible fucking people.

I might have seen you in the queue, actually, way back beyond the sea of mostly 16-35 year old males.

In other news, I played some Dante's Inferno, in which King Minos had been turned into a huge serpent creature, with a baby army!

Now to... Do something other than hang around the food area.