ysbreker

Idle thumbs London meet!

So where is this meet happening and where can I meet you guys?

I will also probably be at Nachimir's event.

The meet is at the place where Nachimir's event is happening before Nachimir's even happens. 1700, I think?

Also it would be good if there was a reservation under a name or some noticeable point of meeting so we aren't stumbling around with the staff there asking about "idle thumbs" and "wizards" and getting all their confused stares.

Sorry guys, but I won't be able to come to London this week end - had to cancel my day-off and everything - so no Idle Meet for me :/

Be sure to drink pints on my account, and to the Parisians ... make me proud and let us meet anyway in the upcoming weeks.

The meet is at the place where Nachimir's event is happening before Nachimir's event happens. 1700, I think?

Also it would be good if there was a reservation under a name or some noticeable point of meeting so we aren't stumbling around with the staff there asking about "idle thumbs" and "wizards" and getting all their confused stares.

We've been saying 1900, as any earlier than that is too hardcore for the Idle Thumbs BABIES.

I'll be looking exactly like my avatar, so you'll spot me easy.

We've been saying 1900, as any earlier than that is too hardcore for the Idle Thumbs BABIES.

1700… 1900… You got time machines ?

I'll be looking exactly as myself so you won't confuse me with anyone else.

Looks as if I may be unable to go, cry. As I have to work that night from 5 - 1am... Stupid student life.

But the next day there is a zombie pub crawl in Brighton, how many of you will be able to make it to that? I suppose nobody. But oh well.

I had no idea you were even thinking of coming, so I don't think anyone had time to get excited. Now I know that you nearly came, I do think it kind of sucks that you can't make it! (Can't you change shifts or something?)

Please solve this mystery for me: did I or did I not ever meet you at an Indie Meet organised by Beatnik? I'm so confused on that point. But in any case, maybe I'll meet you Friday!

Ok, so I don't think I'll be able to be there earlier than 8pm (sorry, I mean 2000). I'm not even sure where "there" is, yet. Edit: Ok, just printed out my ticket so I'LL BE THERE.

Woo.

So who is actually coming? Really there is little excuse for anyone who lives near London not coming... It would be nice to meet as many of you fine folk as possible.

Please note: I will most likely call you by your forum name (with the possible exception of BBX1138, who really should be called Ben (or Dan, I forget)). This isn't because I'm rude, it's because I'm crap and will otherwise have no idea who I'm talking to. Sorry.

Sorry guys, but I won't be able to come to London this week end - had to cancel my day-off and everything - so no Idle Meet for me :/

Be sure to drink pints on my account, and to the Parisians ... make me proud and let us meet anyway in the upcoming weeks.

That blows…

The meet is at the place where Nachimir's event is happening before Nachimir's even happens. 1700, I think?

But Nachmir's event takes place on two different days, so 7pm but on sat or friday ?

But Nachmir's event takes place on two different days, so 7pm but on sat or friday ?

Saturday's event starts at 12pm, I believe, so it's most definitely Friday we're talking about.

If I were to steal a plane, which is something I'd only do once (for many reasons), it'd have to be a commercial airliner.

If I were to steal a plane, which is something I'd only do once (for many reasons), it'd have to be a commercial airliner.

Well, if you're going to do that, couldn't you just... buy a ticket for one headed to London? Might be less hassle.

The only difference would be that I'd be manhandled by security personnel after the ride.

Man train on Xplane as every good terrorist does… And you call yourself a gamer pfff…

Please solve this mystery for me: did I or did I not ever meet you at an Indie Meet organised by Beatnik? I'm so confused on that point. But in any case, maybe I'll meet you Friday!

Ooh, I'm not sure. I met Alex and Eljay at an indie meet, when loads of groups intersected, but I'm not sure if I met you. I was pretty sozzled (I've been worrying because I can't remember what Alex and Eljay actually look like, which will be embarassing if they're at this). It was upstairs in a pub, if I'm thinking of the right one, and Dan Marshall was there too...

Well, hopefully see you tomorrow anyway!

Looking forward to this, although I'll be missing The Actual Meet.

Do those that are going to the Eurogamer Expo on the Friday have any designated areas they'll be manning or hanging around? I'm going to be roving, looking like my avatar (but bearded, and ravaged by age), probably wearing a bright red Vertigo t-shirt.

Please note: I will most likely call you by your forum name (with the possible exception of BBX1138, who really should be called Ben (or Dan, I forget)).

Make it "Dan".

I'll be at the expo for sure,

http://bbdg.fr/index.php?page=l_emission

Here I can be seen moving around so if you come across anyone who looks like that please say "Hi OssK" I'll give you a blank look and pretend I never heard of Idle thumbs in my life.

Or say hello and hug you, it depends.

So seeing as I suck, and will be reasonably drunk and dressed as ryu from street fighter in manchester tomorrow, who apart from n0wak and JamesM is going on the saturday? Seeing as I will likely get bored of the expo and want a drink.

I'm likely to be the only guy who is wearing a grey street fighter 2 shirt, is over 6', with a Nikon SLR and looks hungover. I will need to get back to euston by 1940 for the last train back to manchester.

I met Alex and Eljay at an indie meet, when loads of groups intersected, but I'm not sure if I met you. I was pretty sozzled (I've been worrying because I can't remember what Alex and Eljay actually look like, which will be embarassing if they're at this).

I will potentially be at this thing, and don't worry I look completely different now to when you met me last so you wouldn't recognise me anyway. (Dreadlocks have been cut off and I'm sporting a Lemmy-style moustache at the moment)

Eurogamer Expo: 11:00 - 20:00 Friday and Saturday.

Show & Yell: 20:30 - 23/00:00ish, Friday. The latter is already fully booked, and in a tiny room, with people clamouring for more tickets :(