Chris

Idle Thumbs 44: Salacious Thumb

So yeah, I headed off to work friday morning and I heard a strange pop when I started my car rolling out of my driveway. It was dark and I just assumed it was a stick.

I went to work, I did a few things and listened to some less than stellar, other podcasts, saving that sweet new Idle Thumbs for my ride home. Quitting time came and I set out for home with this cast playing and I had a wonderful commute.

I pulled into my driveway right around the interlude where Chris is pondering whether he hears a guitar or a frog. I paused my iPod and unhooked it from my FM transmitter, thinking this was a good point to break things up.

So I walk around the back of my car and a blackish puddle catches my eye. I went over for a closer look because I was concerned that something was wrong with my car. Then I realized what I was looking at!

I KILLED THE ODIOUS TREE FROG!

Don't click that link if you're eating!

I in no way would ever do anything like this on purpose. I actually felt very sad for this little fellow, but I just couldn't get over the sheer coincidence and timing of the situation and couldn't help but laugh my ass off. I also wasn't expecting to actually upload this, but then I saw the Dante's Inferno pics...

Wow, the inside of the frog has been squeezed out like a toothpaste tube. Rad story, even if I feel bad for it ;(

The cast was funny. Funny like a joke two drinks before last call. I heard Remo's voice drifting out from the speakers; "I'd have to combine my assumptions: a taco and a nacho."

The gin and fatigue swirled through my head, mixing the words with my memories. I had heard that voice before. The cast had moved on to a new topic, but the words kept echoing through my head: Taco. Nacho. Metal Gear?

The cast had moved on to a new topic, but the words kept echoing through my head: Taco. Nacho. Metal Gear?

Taco. Nacho.

Tacho.

You might want to add a link to Steve Gaynor's predator dream to the weblog post for this episode. I guess you don't need to, since he retells the story in its entirety, but he seemed sad no one had read it.

I replayed that part of the episode several times; the sound of disgust Steve makes while throwing down his controller is very convincing!

I was compelled to register here because of a strange and frightening incident that happened to me the other night.

I was walking through the supermarket while listening to the podcast (hey it makes grocery shopping less of a chore...), and the moment you guys yelled "SCOOPS!" my eyes flashed to some bags of Tostitos SCOOPS-branded chips. I quickly thought to myself "what the hell" and proceeded to the cheese section of the store. As I walked back past the chips isle again you guys yelled out "SCOOPS!" several times in a row, right as I was next to those damned scoops chips. That was really weird. :/

It was like some sort of made-up, horribly intrusive Futurama-esque advertising scenario.

TOSTITOS_SCOOPS_Tortilla_Chips.gif

Hey there, long time listener, first time poster.

Bloody love every single one of the casts guys so keep up the good work. I enjoyed this week's Scoops-gaiden and the detective interludes. I very much appreciate that you bother to put some editing into your podcast, as most people just shit out some words and call it a wrap (which is fine too, but I enjoy your shenanigans).

Also, Far Cry 2.

Hey there, long time listener, first time poster.

Bloody love every single one of the casts guys so keep up the good work. I enjoyed this week's Scoops-gaiden and the detective interludes. I very much appreciate that you bother to put some editing into your podcast, as most people just shit out some words and call it a wrap (which is fine too, but I enjoy your shenanigans).

Also, Far Cry 2.

How're Sy and Droopy doing? :getmecoat

After Jabba's death, the Max Rebo Band broke up and went their separate ways. Sy continued to pursue a solo career but found little success. She was seen as a rival of fellow Pa'lowick singing sensation, Larisselle Chatrunis, a former Miss Coruscant winner. Despite the publicity, the rumored backstage drama did little for Sy's dwindling career, however, and the best she could muster were tours of the Outer Rim Territories under a variety of stage names.

Ah, Star Wars... Is there no background character your universe won't obsessively create an elaborate backstory for?

How're Sy and Droopy doing? :getmecoat

Oh you know, still stuck in a Universe far far away of horrible animatronics and awful CG. Can someone go back and get a clip from return of the Jedi and replace every shrill laugh of Salaceous Crumb with Jake's birdnoise?

"Max Rebo" sounds like an alternative universe name for Chris Remo.

I had no god damn idea what this Salacious Crumb nonsense was and I still don't.

I'm okay with that.

HEATHEN! BURN HIM! IT'S THE ONLY WAY HE'LL LEARN!

Salacious B. Crumb was an intricately detailed puppet controlled by Tim Rose' date=' the same puppeteer who worked Admiral Ackbar. To allow Rose access to work Crumb, a hole was cut into Jabba's throne to accommodate the puppeteer.[/quote']

I think this is the answer to the mystery.

"Max Rebo" sounds like an alternative universe name for Chris Remo.

Sounds more like an xtreme 90s version of Chris' name. MAX ReBo! (extreme 90s guitar flourish)

news flash:

the guy attempting the 30 in 45 challenge is no longer updating his blog, he hasn't since September 30...

Should we send someone over to his place to make sure he's ok?

also: can we blame this on titan quest?

Probably... that game takes close to 60 hours to complete.

news flash:

the guy attempting the 30 in 45 challenge is no longer updating his blog, he hasn't since September 30...

Should we send someone over to his place to make sure he's ok?

Most likely he failed and is on self exile.