Chris

Idle Thumbs 44: Salacious Thumb

the last 10 minutes or so of the cast had me in tears, i think the laughing during the fresh prince part of the cast was infectious. i really like when the show gets bizzare and esoteric, keep up the good work.

so... I should look for the ODST OST, OK

I bought the track "Asphalt and Ablutions" through iTunes (although the whole album is for sale there); that's the one we used throughout the cast.

Great pod this week! I love it when Hot Scoops are being casted in my face.

I laughed a lot about the noir voice-over, it was perfectly timed, and never over-done. xD

For those who are wondering, the "smokey sax" theme in the ODST OST (OT T) is called Neon Nights, definitely my favourite track on the album so far.

[edit] Also this:

2vl8j6t.jpg

Edited by Hermie

For those who are wondering, the "smokey sax" theme in the ODST OST (OT T) is called Neon Nights, definitely my favourite track on the album so far.

The one we used in the cast was "Asphalt and Ablutions," which also contains some sax.

[edit] Also this:

Excellent.

I'm really confused with OSDT'S OST; it doesn't sound like an action game at all.

(also, I like saying/typing OSDT OST, it's FTW and OMFGWTFBBQ, THWZRD!)

I'm really confused with OSDT'S OST; it doesn't sound like an action game at all.

(also, I like saying/typing OSDT OST, it's FTW and OMFGWTFBBQ, THWZRD!)

Yeah, we talked about that a bit on the cast. During the "hub" sections it's all full of cheesy 80s synth and sax, but then in the flashbacks they're back to shittacular butt-rock extreme.

I bought the track "Asphalt and Ablutions" through iTunes (although the whole album is for sale there); that's the one we used throughout the cast.

Not in Europe yet, it's out in October, apparently the discs are one for the Hub and another for the missions.

EDIT: the song you guys used really reminds me of Hotel Dusk.

Oh god, I thought for a second there Steve was going to compose a Dante's Inferno Haiku. You guys heard it too, right? Right after "Giant angry ladies" there's this pause that had me waiting for the seven syllable follow up. Something like:

Giant angry ladies

shoot babies from their nipples

the sperm floor rises

Actually, I think all of those were said by him. Great episode guys, I was in hysterics for most of it.

Anyone know a place I can find copies of the ODST audio logs online? I want to share their awfullness with friends who don't have the game.

Great episode as per usual guys, I loved the noir theatrics. I choked on my odious tea I was laughing so hard. Also, Batman has your number. ;(

This episode brought me to a realization: Someone could make Nick's head literally explode if they made a game where you have to get on a turret that triggers an unskippable QTE audiolog.

...the semen floor rises.

so... I should look for the ODST OST, OK

He was my C.O. in NAM. CIA listed him as M.I.A. but the V.A. ID'd him and so we put out an APB.

This is definitely one of my favorite episodes, and not just because my wizard call got on the air.

In my head "The Wizaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard" sounded more like a distraught opera singer and less like a quiet Darth Vader. I'm glad the chorus came through at the end though.

I loved the police mystery interludes too. This is one of my favorite podcasts, and it swaps spots for hilarity with the Giant Bombcast on a weekly basis. That's an almost impossible standard to meet, but somehow Chris Remo, Jake Rodkin, Jake Rodkin and Jake Rodkin pull it out. And I'm Jake Rodkin. And Nick Breckon.

I really like the fact that Dante's Inferno seems so monumentally fucked-up that - even if you guys mustered all your willpower and tried to have a straight-faced discussion of it - the result would almost certainly be Podblast of Embarrassment material.

Also, Hot Scoops should be your permanent fourth member.

Another brilliant episode, I love me some hot scoops. I imagine this one was a bitch to edit but it was very well done. And I am very surprised to hear that the music that you used was actually from ODST, I figured it was some old adventure game or something.

I really like the fact that Dante's Inferno seems so monumentally fucked-up that - even if you guys mustered all your willpower and tried to have a straight-faced discussion of it - the result would almost certainly be Podblast of Embarrassment material.

Also, Hot Scoops should be your permanent fourth member.

Was that posted before or after you saw the enemy that sawed off its nipples and spawns babies out of the hole that it then throws at you? Or the one with a vagina in its arm?

These pictures are not safe for work school humanity:

http://i36.tinypic.com/26096y1.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/1231g0h.jpg

Source: GAF

Was that posted before or after you saw the enemy that sawed off its nipples and spawns babies out of the hole that it then throws at you? Or the one with a vagina in its arm?

These pictures are not safe for work school humanity:

http://i36.tinypic.com/26096y1.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/1231g0h.jpg

Source: GAF

It's like 4chan made a Video game!

I thought they were joking ;(

Spoiler: Steve was reading quotes from a press preview of the game.

As she climbed and threatened Dante, the sperm floor raised ever higher.

etc