Korax

Jeff Goldblum

2 hours ago, Roderick said:

I'm going to prove a little too invested in all this lore and shit but... is he the same race as the Collector (played by Benicio Deltoro in earlier films)? Anyway, Goldblum looks fab. Easily the reason to go see this film.

I haven't found confirmation, but he looks like he could be the Grandmaster. Who's basically the Collector's brother. And a massive lover of Xanatos Gambits, multi-dimensional chess, and all of those other TvTropes references that I may or may not get shot for bringing up as I cause people to lose their afternoons to that website.

5 hours ago, Roderick said:

I'm going to prove a little too invested in all this lore and shit but... is he the same race as the Collector (played by Benicio Deltoro in earlier films)? Anyway, Goldblum looks fab. Easily the reason to go see this film.

3 hours ago, Gorbles said:

I haven't found confirmation, but he looks like he could be the Grandmaster. Who's basically the Collector's brother. And a massive lover of Xanatos Gambits, multi-dimensional chess, and all of those other TvTropes references that I may or may not get shot for bringing up as I cause people to lose their afternoons to that website.

Goldblum's character is the Grandmaster.  The Grandmaster belongs to a group called the Elders of the Universe, one of whom is the Collector.  They aren't a single race themselves but they're close enough.  One of my favorite dumb things about the Grandmaster is his involvement in one of the Marvel/DC crossover comics that pitted the Avengers against the Justice League.

In Marvel Contest of Champions (mobile game), the Grandmaster and Collector are referred to as brothers (to each other, by each other). Either a colloquialism of brotherhood, or they're in some way related. Not that it makes a huge amount of difference, but that's where a lot of my modern lore knowledge comes from at the moment (well, that and Future Fight hero biographies :D).

I was, am, and will always be upset that Jeff Goldblum wasn't the collector in Guardians of the Galaxy.  I remember being so distracted when I saw the movie because it was such a perfect role for him.  This is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't totally make up for it.

ZZ5BB25809.jpg

I was more upset that they set up the Collector as this super important big character, and then in Guardians of the Galaxy he was nothing, a complete joke, a throwaway side chum. Here's hoping Goldblum at least gets a bigger role.

A couple of solid photos of Jeff Goldblum selling hot dogs. :tup:

Chef Goldblum's Jazzy Snags is probably the best name for a food car ever.

Just received this email and on first scan I picked up on the words 'Jeff', 'Goldblum' and 'Spicy'. After a little more thorough reading, I realise it wasn't some kind of Important If True joke email.

I also realise there's no way I'm deleting without checking out the video link.

https://youtu.be/ihQhqTJ6DJ8

14.5.17+Brand+Consumer+Launch+1.jpg

14.5.17+Brand+Consumer+Launch+3.jpg

Jeff Goldblum is somehow a national treasure in whatever country he's currently standing in.

On 4/25/2017 at 10:03 PM, RubixsQube said:

PREDICTION: This movie won't be very good and this casting decision will feel extra sad

At least we already know what a bad Jurassic Park movie with Goldblum looks like though, so I can't imagine it gets MORE disappointing. 

https://www.engadget.com/2017/07/27/miyubi-funny-or-die-jeff-goldblum-vr-feature/

It's 1982. A young boy named Dennis has just received the birthday present of his dreams. It's you -- a Japanese robot that can repeat words, although for the most part you watch silently.

Miyubi is still enjoyable without the bonus scenes, but you'll be greatly rewarded when you find them. Goldblum appears in the extra, and when you look into his teary eyes as he apologizes for your pain, the show goes from "OK" to "oh, my God." He is your Maker, and he's created a little piece of heaven in your system for you to escape to, because he knew, even as he made you, that you were quickly going to be replaced. In the scene, the Maker wonders aloud if he should call this fantasy world "reality virtualized" or, you know, something like that.

That was only a month before his casting in 3hor was announced, which makes it extra salty.