Korax

Jeff Goldblum

I am watching Silverado right now, featuring Jeff Goldblum as a big-city gambler named Slick, and it is so weird.

Maybe on par with John Cleese as a bigoted small-town sheriff in the same movie.

Two years on, the Ian Malcolm painting (mentioned in page one of this thread) is still bringing joy to ordinary folks in Brisbane and Melbourne.  We recently shot this video celebrating its strange place in our lives.

We still routinely exchange it in public places.  Here are a few more shots of The Goldblum Transfer in action.  The number of owners recently expanded to five through marriage, and will soon be six through the miracle of childbirth.  The soon-to-be parents have discussed - to what extent of seriousness, I cannot say - the possibility of bringing it to the maternity ward.

(My own wife, for some strange reason, politely declined the opportunity to share the honour.)

KISctso.jpg

10295105_10152038466926626_1902707757486

Who has the audacity to come up to Jeff Goldblum and have the first thing to come out of their mouth be "stop playing that piano" instead of "I loved you in The Fly"?

What if Jeff Goldblum owned a drone company called "Jeff Goldblum Aerodynamics" and the drone control software/remote would have a clippy/buddy thing voiced by Jeff Goldblum. Their theme song would be Alec Eiffel. "Oh Jeffrey Lynn I see you beneath the archway of aerodynamics"

I trust you're all keeping up with the sage advice of Blumbot on twitter?

My favourite thing about this bot, besides his beautiful existence, is the identity of the one person he follows.

Thank you from the future

So one of my very favourite small joys is reading the insane one-star amazon reviews for things that I love, and hoo boy does Jurassic Park ever have some great ones.

rhakMz4.png

BFRgdSP.png

N2YKHAM.png

So one of my very favourite small joys is reading the insane one-star amazon reviews for things that I love, and hoo boy does Jurassic Park ever have some great ones.

I'm not going to admit how many hours I have spent reading the 1-Star reviews on my favorite movies/shows. It's the best.

amazing. Is that like a TV shop thing or just a normal ad?

It is incredible. It looks like GE decided to go the Old Spice style of long form viral ads for their new bulb. It's also a surprisingly effective commercial. It educated me about the product while entertaining me.

I'm watching a Jeff Goldblum masterpiece as part of y Halloween viewing!

bpFoLZ7.jpg

Goldblum plays a serious journalist working for a shitty tabloid who is sent to Transylvania on assignment to investigate a series of Frankenstein attacks.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this here yet but with chrome you can make any Goldblum youtube video drunk-Goldblum by playing it at 0.5 speed.

Oh god that lightbulb ad is great. The small touches like the next scene expanding from his mouth at 1:40... amazing.

Holy crap, that's amazing on so many levels.  Also perhaps the most condescending and patronizing video game ending ever. 

I'm watching a Jeff Goldblum masterpiece as part of y Halloween viewing!

bpFoLZ7.jpg

Wow, Geena Davis really took a turn there on that poster. That's just unflattering.

I'm currently reading John Landis' Book Of Monsters (coffee table book with a few nice informal interviews), and he mentions that film, recommending that you watch the Bugs Bunny cartoon of the same name instead.

Wow, Geena Davis really took a turn there on that poster. That's just unflattering.

She plays a character clearly inspired by Elvira who's not really in the film a whole lot. I stopped paying attention. It really is pretty crummy.

I appreciate that Jeff Goldblum plays a professional whose talents are wasted on trash in that movie.