Korax

Jeff Goldblum

Never seen it, but I really enjoyed The Darjeeling Limited so I conclude I must like The Life Aquatic too. :tup:

I hear that The Life Aquatic was somewhat disappointing to people who saw and loved The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore and Bottle Rocket first. That may be true, though the only part I can corroborate is that The Life Aquatic was the first Wes Anderson film I saw and subsequently fell in love with.

I love how all-encompassing it is thematically (its shifts in genre and tone), but also the specifics of it: middle-aged Bill Murray, Bowie songs, an ode to Jacques Cousteau. It's a perfect storm of elements, though if none of those happen to appeal to you, I can see how it can be a little long and perhaps disjointed. Oh and SWAMP LEECHES.

Bottle Rocket is really nowhere near as good as Rushmore and The Royal Tennenbaums -- I'm amazed someone could defend that, but attack The Life Aquatic...?

Feel free to scrap Bottle Rocket from that list; I just named it as one of the 'early' Anderson films, not sure if it's actually defended.

Feel free to scrap Bottle Rocket from that list; I just named it as one of the 'early' Anderson films, not sure if it's actually defended.

I seeeeee. *strokes chin* I think you'll find that those who LOVED early Anderson films also love his later ones, and those who just thought his early ones were very good were more disappointed. I was an early fan, and RUSHMORE is still my fave, but the rest of his oeuvre is still excellent in my opinion.

When I think of Goldblum I think of Igby Goes Down, which my favorite Goldblum movie ever, and of of my favorite movies in general ever.

When I think of Goldblum I think of Igby Goes Down, which my favorite Goldblum movie ever, and of of my favorite movies in general ever.

When I think of Goldblum I think of him naked, holding a baboon.

post-6617-0-08284100-1351325628_thumb.jpeg

If someone liked The Darjeeling Limited they should definitely check out The Life Aquatic. Darjeeling didn't feel quite as successful, but I should see it again.

Just got Jurassic Park trilogy on Bluray. I had never seen The Lost World. That's a whole lot of Goldblum I had not expected.

As noted by Chris and Steve, Goldblum & Markie is back on YouTube.

There's so many things that make that so crazy. Goldblum and Biz Markie's easy chemistry. Goldblum's competent piano playing. His mister-rogers-meets-mark-russell delivery. The fact that it's so clearly rehearsed.

I trust you're all keeping up with the sage advice of Blumbot on twitter?

My favourite thing about this bot, besides his beautiful existence, is the identity of the one person he follows.