Korax

Jeff Goldblum

I didn't want a new thread, but I saw this randomly today and thought I'd share.

8wAk1.jpg

Is there a high-res version of this? I genuinely want it printed on canvas.

Amazing, thank you! This will be the icing on the cake that is my new apartment.

Amazing, thank you! This will be the icing on the cake that is my new apartment.

It is a pretty cool idea to have a proper print on canvas! Certainly a talking point for guests :)

I've been watching a lot of Community lately. This bit made me think of Idle Thumbs:

I'm Goldbluming in front of my computer right now with all the prime GateFoldGoldGateGoneBlum in this topic.

On a whim I watched Jurassic Park today for the first time in years...I finally understand the Jeff Goldblum laugh that Famous keeps doing...also, I'm a little sad about just how dated the CGI looks.

I didn't want a new thread, but I saw this randomly today and thought I'd share.

8wAk1.jpg

I own this actual, honest-to-god painting.

398706_10150455731231626_886749544_n.jpg

I tell a lie. I own one quarter of this painting.

One year ago, when Brandon Bird curated The JP Show, a few friends and I browsed the images from a bar.

Someone dropped the question: "You know, we're technically adults. We could just buy this thing from the other side of the world."

And so it came to pass that four grown, mostly sober men came to pay real human money for a lavish, homoerotic oil painting of Jeff Goldblum.

429432_10150590938093876_1582150783_n.jpg

Since our wives, girlfriends and families don't want anything to do with this sordid affair, it's turned into a game of hot potato. One day, we expect to find ourselves fighting in a treehouse, Bart and Millhouse style, the final victor earning the right to not take it home. Until then, we keep the tension evenly distributed with a regular ritual that's affectionately come to be known as The Goldblum Transfer.

558385_10150967694696626_525489126_n.jpg

You'll recognise that fellow as Max Ides from Chris Remo's Molyjam game "Unbearable". (See also: Ruinationcast question #98.)

A34b5rrCcAArctq.jpg

We're just two swaps away from being able to compile a slideshow over The Lion King's "Circle of Life". All in all, it's been a pleasantly surreal footnote in our recent lives and I would gladly recommend the experience to anyone.

And yes, it's a lot smaller than you picture it. Just like the Mona Lisa.

That is beyond fantastic and I fully intent to become an evil villain just to be able to steal this from you in a hot air balloon.

When I think Jeff Goldblum, the first movie I think of is not jurassic park, or The Fly, or ID4... it's The Life Aquatic.

Just wanted to put that out there

I love The Life Aquatic. I think I'm one of four people who does.