Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs 43: Jeff "Gone" Goldblum

Took us long enough

"Jeff 'Gone' Goldblum"

This week Chris and Nick don some custom callsigns to check out Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer, become terrified by the high definition frog face of Zuma's Revenge, and almost steal Jeff Goldblum's shoes. As for Jake? He is only good at keeping people focused on the deep depression.

Games Discussed: Modern Warfare 2, Mini Ninjas, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Resident Evil 5, The Beatles Rock Band, Zuma's Revenge, Guitar Hero Cereal Prize, King Arthur's World, Gameloft's Entire Library, Fire Guy

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

Edited by Chris

How late? HOW LATE??? I must know!

Well, ok. Really I'd just like to load up the cast before I leave the house tomorrow morning so I have it for all that public transit to university. Is this going to happen, or shall my journey be thumbless?

This cast is out.

Listening now and it is glorious! Confirmed: Shooting a lot of dudes in Modern Warfare 2, Imagine Baby Ninjas and a distinct lack of games, video games, video games, video gaaaaaames, etc etc in the opening.

Listening now and it is glorious! Confirmed: Shooting a lot of dudes in Modern Warfare 2, Imagine Baby Ninjas and a distinct lack of games, video games, video games, video gaaaaaames, etc etc in the opening.

Also, a video of a guy beating his friend off constantly.

Hey, Chris mentioned only having a finite amount of gargoyles to hang crooks from. You can cut them down with a batarang though, allowing you to make a pile of them underneath a single gargoyle. Pretty sure a headfirst fall like that should be lethal though, so yet again the bat murders.

Also, my brain started eating itself during the reading of that fire truck game idea. Each recurrence of "just like real life" felt like a fleck of anti-matter popping into existence, erasing treasured memories and vital motor functions.

Hey, Chris mentioned only having a finite amount of gargoyles to hang crooks from. You can cut them down with a batarang though, allowing you to make a pile of them underneath a single gargoyle. Pretty sure a headfirst fall like that should be lethal though, so yet again the bat murders.

Also, my brain started eating itself during the reading of that fire truck game idea. Each recurrence of "just like real life" felt like a fleck of anti-matter popping into existence, erasing treasured memories and vital motor functions.

The recurring "just like real life" was my favorite part, I was disappointed that that wasn't what Jake or Nick reacted to. Also, thanks for the tip!

I can't think of a place to say this, and I don't want to make a new thread, so I might aswell drop it here while I remember.

While I was waiting for this weeks podcast, I was lurking Giantbomb, when I thought to myself, "Hey, Jake's credited as a game maker man, I wonder if he's actually on here?"

After searching for him, I was presented with the familiar loveable Jake face I know.

However, imagine my shock when I realised the top editor on the Jake Rodkin page was none other than the man himself, who added everything to the page himself!

This made my day, and I thought I'd share it and hopefully make your days a little brighter too

Thanks Jake for being awesome.

PS: This is not at all another creepy "What is Jakes favourite food?" style statement.

I can't think of a place to say this, and I don't want to make a new thread, so I might aswell drop it here while I remember.

While I was waiting for this weeks podcast, I was lurking Giantbomb, when I thought to myself, "Hey, Jake's credited as a game maker man, I wonder if he's actually on here?"

After searching for him, I was presented with the familiar loveable Jake face I know.

However, imagine my shock when I realised the top editor on the Jake Rodkin page was none other than the man himself, who added everything to the page himself!

This made my day, and I thought I'd share it and hopefully make your days a little brighter too

PS: This is not at all another creepy "What is Jakes favourite food?" style statement.

Hahahahahahah

"ja2ke's last update: made a lot of ego edits recently. Yeesh."

Hahahahahahah

Jake FTW!

Who's Jeff Goldblum? Too lazy to Google.

I thought there was going to be some WIZARDON recordings at the end. I guess you lied.

Another great show.

Haha right when GiantBomb's database opened up, or at least when it was still early days, I went in and added info for some Telltale games and for a few of my friends, and threw my stuff in there as well. I love the GiantBomb game database. It's rough still but we're slowly working towards hooking up the "Games Discussed" lists on the homepage to it through their API.

You are quite welcome.

Looking at the page, I was shocked to discover a major oversight that I wasted no time correcting. Jake Rodkin is now cross-referenced to the concept of "wizards" on Giant Bomb.

Where's the stuff you said you'd put in DLC? I've been dying to watch the uber RE5 guy... :D

Where's the stuff you said you'd put in DLC? I've been dying to watch the uber RE5 guy... :D

Video will require editing and rendering etc., I'll work on it this weekend.

Haha right when GiantBomb's database opened up, or at least when it was still early days, I went in and added info for some Telltale games and for a few of my friends, and threw my stuff in there as well. I love the GiantBomb game database. It's rough still but we're slowly working towards hooking up the "Games Discussed" lists on the homepage to it through their API.

You are quite welcome.

Aaaaaah. And I just got to the point where I can make new pages, and thought I was dead clever and I could make a Jake page.

I'll find my fame somewhere.

That goldcast had me laughing harder than I have in quite a while. Sides were stitched and tears were shed. Thanks for the great cast guys, keep up the good stuff.
That reminds me of what I forgot to put in my earlier post, this was the first cast I've listened to on my iPod in public since school started again and you guys had me laughing like an idiot getting odd looks from everyone I walked by. Jerks.

I forgot a key component of the Jeff Goldstory.

After my close encounter, I did a quick Twitter search to see if anyone else had a JG experience. As it turns out, we apparently failed in our mission to steal the Goldshoes. They are officially a public menace:

http://twitter.com/MLBrunner/statuses/4033462700

I especially like that this "apparently" happened. As if her child started crying behind her back, she turned around, asked her what was wrong, and the kid says: "Jeff Goldblum stepped on me."