Erkki

Another backlog thread

Holy craplog... Not to mention games I have yet to finish that I started a long time ago, these are games that I've bought fairly recently (most in 2009) and have yet to play (a few of them I've started playing, but didn't play very far, a few have never even been installed).

Blueberry Garden

Aquaria

Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

The Path

Two Worlds

Jagged Alliance 2

King's Bounty

Mount & Blade

Ceville

Commandos 2

Commandos 3

Indiana Jones (both Last Crusade and Atlantis)

The Dig

Shadowgrounds

Stalker: Clear Sky

Vampire: The Masquerade

Ben There, Dan That!

Time Gentlemen, Please!

Civilization IV: Complete Edition

Why am I doing this. Aargh.. Steam makes it too easy to just buy games. I think I'm going to forget about those that I've already played earlier, such as the LucasArts games, Commandos and just pretend I didn't buy them. Starting with Ceville to clear this list.

Edited by Erkki

Oh my goodness, I can't even begin here. I have such a long list and it doesn't even take into account games I really would love to try but that I am avoiding at the moment in fear of inflating my backlog even more.

For now, here's my "to finish" SNES games, which is the current console I'm stuck on:

Earthbound

Kirby's Dream Course

Prince of Persia

Michael Jordan's Chaos in the Windy City

Alien 3

Lost Vikings II

Mario RPG

Kirby 3

Tetris Attack

Edited by syntheticgerbil

I'm kind of glad others are like this as I have quite a backlog right now of unfinished games that I do plan to finish.

Far Cry 2

Call of Duty 4 (only one level left lol)

Fable II

Dawn of War II

No More Heroes

Half-Life 2 :o

Secret of Monkey Island SE

Final Fantasy IV DS

Chrono Trigger DS

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

Quantum of Solace

I'm also currently playing Braid and GTA IV. And there is so much on Steam I'd love to get, like more of the LucasArts releases, or some of the indie adventure games.

Those are all I can think of, and with so much coming out this year and next, I wonder if I'll ever get through them all. A lot of them I've started but put down for other stuff.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), a limited cash flow forces me to be fairly selective with games that I buy, so I don't have too long a list:

Far Cry 2

GTA 4: The Lost and the Damned

Ikaruga

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Final Fantasy XII

Sid Meier's Pirates! (X-Box Originals)

Shenmue 2

Also, I've started probably 20 different games of Jagged Alliance 2 over the years, and I've never once finished that game. It's not on the list because I have no plans to ever try. Still fun though.

Ok.... here goes.

Lost Odyssey

Star Ocean 4

Blue Dragon

Far Cry 2

Lego Batman

Fallout 3

viva pinata 2

dead space

the bourne conspiracy

halo wars

alone in the dark

shaun whites snowboarding

mercs 2

Banjo nuts and bolts

No more heroes

Zack and wiki

Okami

Everyday shooter

crayon physics

world of goo

braid

darwinia

gish

mr. robot

most of the DoW expansions

Runaway

Sam and max hit the road

all current gen or PC games I have here.

I agree, Steam is wonderful. I agree, Steam is a curse. GOG offers a similarly troubling service.

Here's a very truncated backlog of mine:

Far Cry 2

Knights of the Old Republic

Tales of Monkey Island, Episodes One AND Two

Mount and Blade

Fallout (original)

Messiah

Resident Evil 5

Mirror's Edge

and....

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (I played quite a bit of it, but want to go back)

Saint's Row 2. Same deal as STALKER. I get sick of typing full stops.

The only game I have yet to complete currently is F.E.A.R 2: Reborn (the DLC). I'm normally pretty good when it comes to completing games, but also means that I don't play them again ¬¬

I've been mowing through my backlog, but still have a few key unfinished titles on my shelf, namely:

Killzone 2

Sacred 2

Castle Crashers

Rez HD

Splosion Man

A short list, but full of shame. I'll get to KZ2 eventually, but the others may slip til next year.

Wow, some of you guys have some pretty hefty lists. My list pales in comparison:

Cryostasis

Men of War

Red Alert 3

I'm slightly afraid of Cryostasis and Men of War since they both are likely to be weird Eastern European games that offer high doses of both frustration and fascination.

The other day I finally removed everything out of my Steam "favorites" category and only put in there the things I actively want to complete. It's actually been quite helpful. When I consider loading up something down in the lower section that I've already played to death (Zuma or some goofy thing like that), that little clump of favorites up at the top is like a scolding wrist slap.

I'm slowly but surely making my way through...

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Far Cry 2

Fable 2

Fallout 3

Actually I doubt I'll ever finish Fallout 3, I've put about 20 hours into and have no will to continue...

My PC backlog is mostly strategy games, namely...

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

Sins of a Solar Empire

Medieval 2: Total War

And if you want to talk backlog I have a stack of PS2 and Gamecube games that I've sworn to myself I'll seriously dig into someday...

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Metal Gear Solid 3

Yakuza 2

Okami

Valkyrie Profile 2

It's mostly due to the lure of online shooters or infinitely replayable games like Civ 4. I also tend to have a problem with preferring to replay older RPG's that I've beaten but love to death. Right now that's The Witcher and Space Rangers 2.

The other day I finally removed everything out of my Steam "favorites" category and only put in there the things I actively want to complete.

I tried that, too and ended up having 50% of my installed games in the favourite section.

with the 360 and DS it's far easier though, I put away all the other stuff and only have 1 or 2 games easily available at a time. That way I managed to finally concentrate on a few games again, which I thought made them more enjoyable and also made me play through most of those (in case I didn't get bored with them at some point.)

Right now I'm playing Halo Wars / Tenchu Z & GTA CW / Advance Wars DS

My list for PC games is way too long though and I usually end up playing DoW2 / L4D / TF2 / SC / DOTA with friends anyway.

I finally decided to stop arsing about with defence missions and finish off Dawn of War 2 last night. Afterwards I was listing to a friend the other stuff I've yet to complete or play for which I have some interest in doing so, and I was mildly horrified. I knew there was a lot, but I didn't realize there was quite that much. I'm a little distressed by the number of things that I've bought and never even played.

The other day I finally removed everything out of my Steam "favorites" category and only put in there the things I actively want to complete. It's actually been quite helpful. When I consider loading up something down in the lower section that I've already played to death (Zuma or some goofy thing like that), that little clump of favorites up at the top is like a scolding wrist slap.

I've never had much in my favourites section, but I do find that having a couple of things in there helps me focus somewhat, even if only symbolically. I currently have Left 4 Dead (for easy access on Sundays) and Dawn of War 2 (the thing I'd decided I wanted to finish). I now need to decide what to swap that out for. Unless I go for a console game.

Yay! I dropped the games I've already played from my list and completed Ceville and Blueberry Garden. The list is looking much shorter now. Blueberry Garden was actually much better than the impression left from the demo. But it took me a while until I started enjoying it.

I thought I'd continue Aquaria next, but I just can't play that game for long periods. I resumed from an earlier save game, relearned the controls and played for an hour, now I feel like I won't touch it for a while. I think the game world is too big: it takes too much time just to get from one place to another while nothing interesting happens.

Installing Mount & Blade now.

I only really have two games lying around that I have yet to finish:

The Witcher (lost my saves the first time, and got to around act 3 the second time through, then I just stopped)

and

Time Gentlemen, Please!

I thought Ben There, Dan That! was pretty great, and since I donated for it I got TGP! for free.. yet I just can't seem start it up. My inability to do so actually gets annoying.

Installing Mount & Blade now.

I highly doubt you'll regret it. Such a lovely game.

Edited by Hyetal
addendum

You guys think YOU have backlog problems?

sig.gif

150+ unbeaten games! :hah::frusty::eek::(:fart::violin::getmecoat:cens0r:

I've banned myself from buying new games unless they are sale...

"Unfortunately" Steam, GOG, and the Apple App Store have mad sales every week.... I'm almost grateful Direct to Drive only allows people from the UK or US to buy their games... :blink:

At the same time it IS a good thing, because by only concentrating on my backlog and not buying 60€ games... The 60€ eventually become 20-30€ games!?:erm:

I'm actually pretty even on my backloggery, there are few them I'm feeling pretty guilty about, for example Sonic: Unleashed that I raved about then got about half way through and never picked up again

sig.gif

150+ unbeaten games! :hah::frusty::eek::(:fart::violin::getmecoat:cens0r:

I've banned myself from buying new games unless they are sale...

"Unfortunately" Steam, GOG, and the Apple App Store have mad sales every week.... I'm almost grateful Direct to Drive only allows people from the UK or US to buy their games... :blink:

Something like 70% of the events displayed on my Steam profile start with "tanukitsune now owns...".

This is probably not helpful to you but some of the Direct2Drive games are actually available worldwide. For example, Red Alert 3, RA3 Uprising, Mirror's Edge and Bioshock are available (for most of the Europeans, at least) for 5 pounds in the UK store at the moment.

I only recently discovered that 5-10 euros really isn't that much. That and the joy of digitally distributed discount games. I bought Everyday Shooter, Red Alert 3 and Hitman Blood Money on D2D and Steam for five euros, and I'm thinking about getting Assassin's Creed for 10 euros on GamersGate. I know I don't really have time to play all of these games right now, but at least I have something to do if I eventually find the time to get bored.

Something like 70% of the events displayed on my Steam profile start with "tanukitsune now owns...".

This is probably not helpful to you but some of the Direct2Drive games are actually available worldwide. For example, Red Alert 3, RA3 Uprising, Mirror's Edge and Bioshock are available (for most of the Europeans, at least) for 5 pounds in the UK store at the moment.

I only recently discovered that 5-10 euros really isn't that much. That and the joy of digitally distributed discount games. I bought Everyday Shooter, Red Alert 3 and Hitman Blood Money on D2D and Steam for five euros, and I'm thinking about getting Assassin's Creed for 10 euros on GamersGate. I know I don't really have time to play all of these games right now, but at least I have something to do if I eventually find the time to get bored.

It seems to be happening less and less since now they're repeating deals... And I probably have almost all of their games that went below 10€...:blink:

Last time I tried to buy a D2D it said it wasn't available in my country...:erm:

*checks*

Yep, they still won't let me buy any games...;(

To make things "worse" I somehow have Gametap even though they never charge me... Which isn't that much good since whenever I try to play a game it simply refuses to work... GameTap needs a better download manager... It was better when it wasn't all browser based...

It a shame to see RTS deals though, because I'm slowly trying to get into the genre, and I don't want to buy more games of a genre I'm still not sure I know how to play or even if I enjoy it! :hmph:

Last time I tried to buy a D2D it said it wasn't available in my country...:erm:

*checks*

Yep, they still won't let me buy any games...;(

Most of them probably ain't, but all that I listed in the previous post, for instance, should be available in Spain as well. Red Alert 3 even specifically lists it as a country where the game is available.

Most of them probably ain't, but all that I listed in the previous post, for instance, should be available in Spain as well. Red Alert 3 even specifically lists it as a country where the game is available.

Hmm, that seems to be almost the only one that is available to me, but like I said, I'm not buying another RTS until I've proved I know how to play and that I actually enjoy them...