Officialy Unoffical Idle Thumb Meme Thread

Thumb? Thumb. Thumb!

Options. You've got to have options.

X? More like Y!

Mechagoose

Claude Eggerton Eggerton-Greene

:oldman:

Ah, prehistory.

This thread is suspicious, but I have no self control.

This originates from the recording of a specific episode during a mic test (again, I can't recall which one), where Jake (I think) laughed deliberately abrasively into his mic.

At this point I'm almost certain it was Nick who made the original Baboo, as he sometimes emits an unfiltered natural one when laughing in a surpised way.

Thumb? Thumb. Thumb!

Options. You've got to have options.

X? More like Y!

Mechagoose

Claude Eggerton Eggerton-Greene

:oldman:

titleimage.php?id=104

YOU HAVE UNLOCKED A SPECIAL VERSE!!!11

TheTruth behind Ziggy
The Entertainment Expo and Al the fucking hologram

It makes goofing wizard sounds but he knows not what it does: Blam!

He keeps their spirits up by making up his lies

It looks just like a shitty plastic rubix cube to Jake's eyes

Fee fie foe false. Tree city Acockalypse

But, this thread makes the Idle Thumbs things less fun. It's like when you start explaining a joke. This may be worse.

What he said. If any favoured comedy program, or simply a film, felt the need to explain and document itself, everyone here would climbing over each other to villify it.

Sorry pfactor, but

spiraldy3.gifkill it kill it kill it with fire spiraldy3mirror.gif

Listing something that occurs naturally is just a bit... like a gig where people look at sheet music instead of listening.

kill it kill it kill it with fire

I liked the Anachronox version:

Kill it... with death!

Yeah, I do agree that this kinda takes the fun out of it. I liked the references to thumbs of old that Noyb added, and tried to contribute one of my own, but I saw those as playfully mocking the intent of the thread. Maybe don't kill it, but leave it to die? I was already beginning to feel that the forum is becoming too quote-dependent and less focused on original thought and discussion, and that this thread exists makes me a little sad.

Hey, it's all good. It just seems like memes tend to wear out their welcome about the same time they get itemized. There's a very great temptation to do that anyway out of appreciation for the source material, but sometimes they're just better left alone. Anyway, you've been a part of the intelligent stuff too, so all is forgiven.

Maybe there is a place for this crap, but if it were all posted into encyclopedia dramatica or somewhere like that out of sight, rather than here...

Yea, I guess that is true. I was just trying to make a sort of reference thing so one can read where the saying origonated (especial for new users without the time to go back and listen to them all and in the end are confused), but I do see how it is not the right place and that these memes should die. I was never trying to explain them.

So memes al the eventual needed dath of this thread I give you one last ammend :violin:

There was one I was trying to remember earlier, from before the 3 years or so in which I didn't post. It had to do with a censored word, and everyone asking why it was censored, and noone answering. Thanks, Grouchoclub, now I remember it:

********* Express and The Punisher. I can't get it to not censor the word *********

********* ?

Haha that was censored on the Telltale forums for a while too. I don't know why Doug and I have a fixation with censoring *********.