Erkki

Other podcasts

Hey can anyone help me out with Joystiq Podcast archives? I'm looking for Episodes 65 and up. Since I downloaded the last batch, Joystiq removed all of them from their website. I e-mailed their support and the guy didn't seem to know or care where they went. I think they are just making room for the current podcast.

I found a torrent that supposedly had them all, but no one is seeding.

So if anyone has all of the Joystiq Podcast files, think you could share them with me?

Hey can anyone help me out with Joystiq Podcast archives? I'm looking for Episodes 65 and up. Since I downloaded the last batch, Joystiq removed all of them from their website. I e-mailed their support and the guy didn't seem to know or care where they went. I think they are just making room for the current podcast.

I found a torrent that supposedly had them all, but no one is seeding.

So if anyone has all of the Joystiq Podcast files, think you could share them with me?

I don't, but I'd suggest joining and asking at the Joystiq Podcast Appreciation Group on Facebook.  The JPAG was my favorite gaming community prior to the Idle Thumbs, always friendly and welcoming.  I'll bet someone there has them all archived. 

I know the guy who produces the Joystiq Podcast and he said they only retain the last 100 episodes on their server, unfortunately. So there's no backend way to get it directly from them, as I was hoping there might be.

Damn. I mean it goes to the file name, it just has a blank screen, but thanks Bjorn, I'm gonna join this group and see if anyone can help me. Seems promising.

I listened! Daft Souls is great and so is Regular Features.

Regular Features is one of the podcasts I can't listen to while on a run as it's made me laugh out loud and caused people to stare far too many times. People should definitely seek it out if they're fans of Daft Souls (or if they've never heard of either!)

Man that Joystiq group never accepted me.

On Serial, I was googling ahead to see if the guy is maybe let go because of new evidence found by Sarah Koenig, but no luck so far. In fact hardly anything has ever been written about the case outside of a few local archived stories. I wish there was a new episode every day because the suspense!

Weird, I didn't realize it needed permission.  If you want, PM me your email and I'll see if I can directly invite you as a current member.  I'll also just go ahead and post and see if anyone has an archive of them. 

Woah, there's a Daily Show podcast.  No idea if it's any good, just found out it is a new thing that exists. 

The Daily Show Podcast without Jon Stewart takes you behind the scenes with the writers, producers and correspondents who make the show. Everyone but Jon, really. New episodes premiere every other week.

I have been enjoying Serial so far, Sarah Koenig has done an excellent job in creating an engaging narrative and clearly doing some very thorough investigation as well.

I used to listen to 4PP religiously, but ever since the latest console generation came out, news has been slow (also Brad started to get annoying). I do still listen to the Co-Optional podcast occasionally.

Anyone who's been following the whole #GoobleGrape thing or whatever would be well served to listen to the last few episodes of Isometric. I know they've been mentioned here before, but the most recent episodes (in particular today's, episode 24) have some real talk from Brianna Wu, Who Is Apparently Destroying Video Games Or Something. It's far from fun to listen to, though, so if you're already feeling down, maybe don't listen to the first 40 minutes or so (I think they straight up tell you to skip it at the beginning of the cast, actually).

I used to listen to 4PP religiously, but ever since the latest console generation came out, news has been slow (also Brad started to get annoying). I do still listen to the Co-Optional podcast occasionally.

It was actually 4player that got me onto Idle Thumbs (a few years back, when Brad mentioned the whole "Congrats Nick" thing).  I still listen to them but only when I'm really itching for another podcast and I'm up to date with the other ones I listen to.  I still enjoy Nick and Nolan's discussion a lot but I agree that Brad has gotten a little more annoying as time has gone on.  I think he's just a bit too cynical and disgruntled about everything and it often means his discussion goes nowhere.  I did enjoy his weekly updates on The Quest recently though.  I wish Cocktail Time was still uploaded on itunes, I really dig Joseph a lot.  

It was actually 4player that got me onto Idle Thumbs (a few years back, when Brad mentioned the whole "Congrats Nick" thing).  I still listen to them but only when I'm really itching for another podcast and I'm up to date with the other ones I listen to.  I still enjoy Nick and Nolan's discussion a lot but I agree that Brad has gotten a little more annoying as time has gone on.  I think he's just a bit too cynical and disgruntled about everything and it often means his discussion goes nowhere.  I did enjoy his weekly updates on The Quest recently though.  I wish Cocktail Time was still uploaded on itunes, I really dig Joseph a lot.  

Yeah, once they took Cocktail Time off iTunes there was pretty much no reason to subscribe anymore. Joseph was my favorite part of 4pp. For some reason his drunken shenanigans really cracked me up.

I got through 3 episodes of Serial at work today, and damn is that a compelling show.  Kind of wish I would have just waited until this series was done.  I also listened to a couple of episodes of the Daily Show podcast last week.  It's good, it shows some potential to be great, giving you a view of what it's like making various parts of the show. 

I got through 3 episodes of Serial at work today, and damn is that a compelling show.  Kind of wish I would have just waited until this series was done.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I listened to the fourth today. Ughhh don't wanna wait. ):

I can't imagine Serial's going to have a satisfying conclusion, which is why I'm holding off.

I can't imagine Serial's going to have a satisfying conclusion, which is why I'm holding off.

I suspect the exact same, and that's actually why I'm listening as it goes because I can get the excitement now without knowing if it will really finish it out well.