Erkki

Other podcasts

So pocket casts comes recommended? The Podcaster app has been freezing a lot for me lately and I'm really considering switching

So pocket casts comes recommended? The Podcaster app has been freezing a lot for me lately and I'm really considering switching

Or Overcast I have had both that and pocketcasts freeze on me at one point but not alot.

I'm pretty excited about Serial, the new podcast from the creators of This American Life. They're taking one true story and telling it over the course of a season, which sounds like an interesting twist on their regular format. I just finished listening to the preview, and it sounds like it will be a long-form version of This American Life, but focusing solely on the possible wrongful conviction of a high school student for murdering his girlfriend. The first two episodes come out tomorrow.

Listening to it right now. There's something 48 hours mystery/investigates about the subject matter which is vaguely icky feeling, but it is certainly compelling and well produced.

Edit: Oh and on the gifted front, just anecdotally, I was able to mostly coast through college as well. I never did super well (high B+, knocking on the door of an A-) but I also didn't work as half as hard as any of my peers either. I did this twice in different disciplines (English and Comp Sci) although I'm pretty sure my brand of bullshit would not have cut it in grad school if I had ever tried.

Can I also just add my voice to the choir praising Daft Souls?

I really like Matt Lees, Quinns is just wonderful and the other guests I don't know from before are very wellspoken and oftentimes funny as well!

I like that it also has its own Far Cry 2 in Dragons Dogma

DAMN RIGHT EVERYONE LOVES DAFT SOULS

I TOLD YOU PEOPLE

I actually stumbled upon Matt Lees re: #GG stuff and got into his YouTube stuff. I somehow managed to completely overlook your suggestions and arrive upon Daft Souls on my own.

B)

Nope.

However, in the 2nd(?) episode Matt Lees says "I probably shouldn't have called it Daft Souls because everyone will think it's about Dark Souls".

Then, in the next episode, he starts with "Hello, this is Dark Souls... shit"

Good podcast tho

Nope.

However, in the 2nd(?) episode Matt Lees says "I probably shouldn't have called it Daft Souls because everyone will think it's about Dark Souls".

Oh wait wat? That's the whole reason I haven't checked it out is because I have no interest in Dark Souls.

Oh wait wat? That's the whole reason I haven't checked it out is because I have no interest in Dark Souls.

Yep, same here.I guess I'll go listen to it now.

You people would've known this YEARS AGO if you were in the super sweet Idle Thumbs IRC channel. GEEZ.

I've gone onto that channel twice and not really known how it works cause I've never IRCed so I just saw snippets of other people's conversations then had to go away from the computer

Damn it now I just want the Idle Thumbs equivalent of a podcast that talks about Dark Souls every second episode instead of Far Cry 2.

I've worked my way back to episode 2 of Daft Souls and they talk about the idea of having one person disarming a bomb while the other person explained how to do it. They... basically predicted the future? God this podcast is good.