Erkki

Other podcasts

Everybody should listen to the Oktobercast for the amazing testimony around the 'completely ignorable ARG' of the Kickstarter and for the discussion about finishing writing The Walking Dead.

Brad is the guy from Carolina. He's a blond guy with a deeper voice. I've just always liked him, and I don't really have a good reason to. He just seems like a genuinely nice guy that I would hang with given the chance, and the times when you can hear his brain working trying to come up with a forced pun that never fails to fall completely flat make me think we'd have a similar (completely lame) sense of humour.

He's the straight man in a cast of howler monkeys. Though Drew also serves that function, he just doesn't show up as much in their front facing stuff.

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see the Splitkick podcasts mentioned anywhere. I followed the Rocket Jump guys when they moved over from the Evil Avatar podcast awhile back and started listening to Fall Damage too. Not the most cerebral gaming podcasts in the world, but you can tell they just enjoy bullshitting about games with one another.

The other podcast I listen to heavily is PaulDotCom Security Weekly, because I have made the unfortunate career choice of IT Security. If you're interested in learning more about computer security, this podcast offers the perfect lineup of alcoholics bringing you top notch interviews, technical segments, and dick jokes.

Apparently the Nerdist did a 2 part episode with gabe newell, haven't listened yet but I'm sure it's pretty interesting.

Brad is actually my favourite. Liked that guy a lot since the Gamespot days. Patrick's ok, but it bothers me when he says stuff like "obstensively" (when he means "ostensibly"). He does that with a bunch of words, but "obstensively" can be counted on at least once a Bombcast. Still, in general I appreciate what he brings to the mix. Never really followed Tested, so thanks for the video heads up. I'll be checking that out sometime over the next few days.

Brad's cool, I identify most with him since he's mainly from a PC background, played the same games I back in the day, is big into StarCraft 2 and I later found out he also hangs out on the shacknews chatty where I've been posting for 17 years now (fuuuu)

Brendon Chung of Blendo Games fame was on the Jan 25 episode of Weekend Confirmed, for those of you that are interested in that dude.

He's a laid back kind of guy, which really does mix well when Garnett Lee is conducting affairs. Brendon has been on Idle Thumbs as well hasn't he? Or was it TMA... or both? Loved those casts.

Listened to Baby Geniuses because Jillian Tamaki (of Supermutant Magic Academy) was on it. I never would have heard of or listened to that show otherwise, but I was delighted to hear not only gross humor that comes with podcasts but also the two hosts (both women) discussing how state of gender roles in dating is affected by men's fear of sexual assault charges, and then stopping the discussion because talking about gender roles on the internet is (and I paraphrase) "a rabbit hole with a can of worms inside and then there's also Pandora's box which is also full of worms, and then there's a big sack full of cats and the tie unravels and the cats all pour out and their mouths are all full of worms". Dunno if I'll keep listening to this podcast much since it is basically just people talking, but I dunno, I still listen to Idle Thumbs and Talkin' Toons.

If you are at all interested in sketch comedy or comedy writing, Before You Were Funny (http://beforeyouwerefunny.com/) is well worth your time. In it sketch comedians bring in sketches that never got performed and do cold readings. The result is a fascinating look into all the chafe, the sketches too half-baked, too weird, too baffling to ever get performed for audiences. I'd especially recommend episodes 5, 6, 8, and 10.

Not gaming related - but if you're a fan of the NBA, even casually, you should check out The Basketball Jones. Best sports podcast out there along with the B.S Report. Very goofy and it definitely has much more of a comedy spin than your average sports podcast but it's still packed with good analysis and statgeek stuff. Broadcast from Toronto, Canada.

Started listening to polygon's The Besties. Pretty funny/entertaining as it has two of the McElroy brothers, though the other two hosts are funny in their own right as well. Finally another games podcast that actually clicked with me besides thumbs

Not a gaming podcast but Alec Baldwin's Here's The Thing interview podcast is great if you like listening to Alec Baldwin's sweet, manly voice.

Comedy Bang Bang's second sxsw live show was absolutely hilarious, I don't know how I made it home alive, was listening while driving and was cracking up the whole time. James Adomian's Jesse Ventura impression was amazing.

The last episode of Retronauts went up yesterday, and they were specific to say that it was the last episode that they would be doing for 1up, not that it was the last episode. I'm really curious as to what they have planned.

I really hope that they continue it, because they've still never done a Metroid episode for some reason.

Comedy Bang Bang's second sxsw live show was absolutely hilarious, I don't know how I made it home alive, was listening while driving and was cracking up the whole time. James Adomian's Jesse Ventura impression was amazing.

Adomian was incredible. Razor sharp, absolute commitment to his character and he completely owned the room. That is saying a lot considering how stellar the other guests were. When Ken fucking Marino gets upstaged, you know you have a good show on your hands.

Also, somehow my favourite Ken Marino moment doesn't involve him saying a single word:

Adomian was incredible. Razor sharp, absolute commitment to his character and he completely owned the room. That is saying a lot considering how stellar the other guests were. When Ken fucking Marino gets upstaged, you know you have a good show on your hands.

Also, somehow my favourite Ken Marino moment doesn't involve him saying a single word:

Of course, being in character gives you the freedom to go completely insane. But yea still, probably my favorite cbb I've heard, though I just started listening to it in the past 5 months or so.

Hopefully the extra time gave him more material. The episode where he interviewed the dude with a huge dong was pretty bad, yet his examination of the death of online communities was super interesting. I will listen to this when I can.

The Ulillillia segment, holy shit. Amazing.

Thanks for the heads up. He still has the prettiest pictures.

In case anyone doesn't know, the ALWW posters are made by Olly Moss from the recent UK episode of Idle Thumbs.

So you guys know about Retronauts, right? Well now that 1up is dead, they want to make it independent.

Kickstarter is here.

They're looking for funding to put out 26 episodes over 1 year, plus expand into other media as well. Right now they're already halfway to goal, but nonetheless I highly encourage everyone to donate to continuing the existence of one of the smartest, most interesting gaming podcasts out there.

If I weren't completely broke, I would seriously plop down the dough for the $150 tier and force them to finally do a Metroid episode.