Sign in to follow this  
Lord Gonk

Evony

Hey I would just like to share this game I have been for a while now called Evony. It is a new MMO RPG/RTS that is free. It is sort of like Siv. but an MMO. I started about a week ago and it is pretty fun. What I like about it is that it is sort of passive. Even when you are not on you are building resources. My only gripe about it is that it is a little slow to build things, but again you do not need to be on while it is building.

Also has anyone else played this game?

****EDIT****

There have been reports that Evony has a Trojan within it. I am sorry I did not realize this. :frusty: I am going to stop playing and I no longer recommend this game.

Edited by Pfactor

Ahh, Evony. The paragon of good taste in marketing on the web :fart::fart: This just further seals the deal. Please delete.

My account has not been jacked but if those articles are true I think I will stop playing. It was fun but I was not heavily involved. Hopefly I will not have any problem as a result.

I'll admit I wasn't sure when you pointed out your issues with the mechanics, but it was a suspiciously bot-ish post :mock:

This is pretty awesome. It's like spam McCarthyism.

edit: Just to be clear. I also thought it was a bot.

Nice articles gdf, aside from just being annoyed at the advertising, I was trying to figure out why this shit seemed so popular; turns out it was just spamming.

Yesterday I saw an Evony advert that just showed buildings, no models at all. True story.

I never knew Evony was actually a game. I only knew it as "The ads with the medieval chicks with the large cleavage."

Huh.

There was a good article on Ars' Opposable Thumbs blog about Evony. They seem to have cut out the bit about the Chinese police beating an Evony employee in his home in front of his son for posting information online that Everiss was using.

There was a good article on Ars' Opposable Thumbs blog about Evony. They seem to have cut out the bit about the Chinese police beating an Evony employee in his home in front of his son for posting information online that Everiss was using.

I think you are exaggerating a lot here. I remember it wasn't exactly beating so much as the guy was trying to stop the police from entering and they struggled somewhat and his shirt got ripped or something. And it was two daughters, not a son. Unless you are talking about a different thing.

Here's the link.

Opposable Thumbs have a follow-up interview with the Evony, where they explain that everything is fine, and a misunderstanding.

Then they have some court records showing that everything is not fine, and that these guys are in fact full of feces.

I think you are exaggerating a lot here. I remember it wasn't exactly beating so much as the guy was trying to stop the police from entering and they struggled somewhat and his shirt got ripped or something. And it was two daughters, not a son. Unless you are talking about a different thing.

Here's the link.

Maybe that's why Ars eventually removed it. TBH I don't care to follow up, it's probably a more surprising story that Chinese Policemen didn't beat the crap out of this guy in the altercation.