Korax

Novint Falcon

That's too bad about the Half-Life 2 mod. I don't know what to say there. I actually didn't try to play Half-Life 2, I just played the post-HL2 Valve games since they all have native (Valve-developed) support now as long as you're using the latest Novint drivers.

Holy crap, that was what I thought at first! So I launched L4D, but I couldn't use the Falcon, and didn't find any mention of it in the options, so I assumed I would have to download hacked exes or something. From what you're saying, both Ep1 and Ep2 should have native support as well?

Holy crap, that was what I thought at first! So I launched L4D, but I couldn't use the Falcon, and didn't find any mention of it in the options, so I assumed I would have to download hacked exes or something. From what you're saying, both Ep1 and Ep2 should have native support as well?

Did you install the latest drivers? Use the latest drivers from the site, not whatever was on the disc, which are as old as whenever the disc was pressed. Drivers of a certain age don't support those Valve games natively.

Wow, just tried the ball touching demo. That was pretty sweet. It's like they have those balls inside the Falcon!

Wow, just tried the ball touching demo. That was pretty sweet. It's like they have those balls inside the Falcon!

Oh right. Yeah that one is worth doing.

Novint's HL2 mod is kind of buggy, too. Like I said earlier, sometimes doing things in one arbitrary order instead of another will cause some sort of error that will freeze the game until you Alt-Tab to the error window to deal with it. There have also been a couple times when a switch or trigger just doesn't work, and I have to activate noclip in order to continue. The natively-supported games don't seem to have any problems, which makes sense, since Valve worked on them, and Penumbra's fine so far.

EDIT: So, turns out that the bugginess just ruins the game at the end. The weapon confiscation field in the Citadel doesn't trigger, so you don't get the super-powered gravity gun. This means that it is impossible to complete the game without noclipping and just flying through all the barriers.

Edited by Lord Korax