Korax

Novint Falcon

Hey Jezza- some of us Americans are either:

a)Anglophiles

or

B) not all that lazy.

Some of us even value other parts of the world.

Just saying :)

You're new, so I understand, but really this is just 'blix being 'blix. Once you've been around for a while, you'll realize that he's actually a very nice guy and it's simply the case that his tongue never leaves his cheek.

You're new, so I understand, but really this is just 'blix being 'blix. Once you've been around for a while, you'll realize that he's actually a very nice guy and it's simply the case that his tongue never leaves his cheek.

Some believe It has melded to the inside of his cheek. :getmecoat

I figured, and being American in the same way that I've accepted my other British Icon's loathing of American, I was attempting some sort of cheap american sarcasm. Unfortunately it fell apart well before the 100,000 mile mark.

No, I pay in dollars. Mine are just worth less than yours.

Wait, that doesn't make sense. I mean I understand maybe you pay more in dollars over there if you are charged in dollars. But economically, your pound is work a dollar and about 66 cents right now. Whenever a country's base unit of measure is worth more than one unit of another country's base unit of measure, the first country has an economic advantage. That is "usually" the case. So you should have more buying power of American goods than I have.

Sorry for the nerd session. Companies may not follow "economic" sense, but they should.

Whenever a country's base unit of measure is worth more than one unit of another country's base unit of measure, the first country has an economic advantage. That is "usually" the case. So you should have more buying power of American goods than I have.

What, how does that make sense? It only does if salaries and costs of things are equal numerically, which is "rarely" the case.

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

I'm Canadian. We use Canadian Dollars. The exchange rate is currently about 1 Canadian dollar to about 93 cents US. So I pay dollars, but they are worth less than yours. I also use kilometers and spell "colour" and "neighbour" correctly.

I also use kilometers and spell "colour" and "neighbour" correctly.

Sounds like dirty Commie-speak to me. There's no room for your extra "u's" in this neighborhood, Comrade.

I feel at this juncture it's worth pointing out that we don't use kilometres in the UK, just trying to dispel a seemingly massive american misunderstanding :P

I feel at this juncture it's worth pointing out that we don't use kilometres in the UK, just trying to dispel a seemingly massive american misunderstanding :P
Which just goes to show that the motherland is lagging decades behind the rest of the Commonwealth.

We use both kilometres and miles don't we? It's part of our wonderful diverse melting pot bureaucratic cock-up approach to things.

I've never heard anyone use kilometres in this country unless they were talking to someone from mainland europe, also all our signs are in miles...... so not sure what you are talking about there really.

We officially now use millimetres, centimetres and metres, but we can't be arsed to change the signs and confuse everyone so miles are staying put for now :P

• Electronic Shipping Info Received, September 04, 2009
  • Arrival
  • International Dispatch, September 08, 2009, 4:45 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)

Jesus.

I'm Canadian. We use Canadian Dollars. The exchange rate is currently about 1 Canadian dollar to about 93 cents US. So I pay dollars, but they are worth less than yours. I also use kilometers and spell "colour" and "neighbour" correctly.

Sorry, you are correct and that does make sense.

I've never heard anyone use kilometres in this country unless they were talking to someone from mainland europe, also all our signs are in miles...... so not sure what you are talking about there really.

We officially now use millimetres, centimetres and metres, but we can't be arsed to change the signs and confuse everyone so miles are staying put for now :P

My favorite Brit team, the Top Gear presenters have used both, and I'm not sure when which is used.

My favorite Brit team, the Top Gear presenters have used both, and I'm not sure when which is used.

Oh, you don't want to pay attention to them: they're cunts.

Oh, you don't want to pay attention to them: they're cunts.

But I live their cuntiness! Plus I love how paranoid they think Americans are.

So, got my Falcon yesterday, and I'm trying to set it up now. I've finished downloading Half-Life 2, and downloaded the Haptics-Life 2 (...) driver, but the driver setup won't install, giving me a weird error message when I click next.

So now I'm downloading their 1.1Gb ISO image with all those shit games on, in hopes that installing that will somehow make stuff work.

So, got my Falcon yesterday, and I'm trying to set it up now. I've finished downloading Half-Life 2, and downloaded the Haptics-Life 2 (...) driver, but the driver setup won't install, giving me a weird error message when I click next.

So now I'm downloading their 1.1Gb ISO image with all those shit games on, in hopes that installing that will somehow make stuff work.

What do you mean when you say Haptics-Life 2 driver? There's the Haptics-Life 2 mod, and the Falcon driver. Both are obtained from Novint's website.

Also why do you need to download an ISO? My package came with all those games on a disc, does yours not have that?

Holy crap, I'm trying to write this while installing fucking Newton's Circus or whatever "in the background". For everyone of these little games a new window steals window focus like we're in 1991. Lame.

Anyway, sorry for mixing up the terms. I've installed the drivers, no problem. I can also confirm that the device is working by running the diagnostics program. My issue is with the HL2 mod, which simply won't install.

The nvent (or whatever it's called) dvd just finished installing, so I'll check again now. Interesting note: Novint recommends against using nvent to launch games, and says you should run the exes from inside the Program Files folder. It's clear that these guys work with hardware primarily.

About downloading the ISO, the first thing I found when opening the box was a sheet warning me not to use the drivers included on the DVD, but to download them instead. Since I'm still not entirely clear on what constitutes the driver, and what's just useless shit, I just played it safe and downloaded the ISO as well.

Holy crap, I'm trying to write this while installing fucking Newton's Circus or whatever "in the background". For everyone of these little games a new window steals window focus like we're in 1991. Lame.

Anyway, sorry for mixing up the terms. I've installed the drivers, no problem. I can also confirm that the device is working by running the diagnostics program. My issue is with the HL2 mod, which simply won't install.

The nvent (or whatever it's called) dvd just finished installing, so I'll check again now. Interesting note: Novint recommends against using nvent to launch games, and says you should run the exes from inside the Program Files folder. It's clear that these guys work with hardware primarily.

I wouldn't even really bother with their goofy games, they're not very fun. Although I was able to launch them from Nvent just to try them out, for the record.

That's too bad about the Half-Life 2 mod. I don't know what to say there. I actually didn't try to play Half-Life 2, I just played the post-HL2 Valve games since they all have native (Valve-developed) support now as long as you're using the latest Novint drivers.