Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs Standalone Expansion PAX 3: BioWare's Mac Walters

Space!

Standalone Expansion PAX 3: BioWare's Mac Walters

Idle Thumbs brings its PAX 2009 coverage to a close with a quick talk with Mass Effect 2's lead writer, Mac Walters. In Space.

Games Discussed: Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

It's really interesting to hear their creative philosophy - it seems like very few developers are taking such an interest in establishing a really strong storyline from the ground floor.

Nice to hear they are involving the actors at a much earlier stage in the writing process.

also, that has to be the shortest and most on-topic games list i've ever seen from you.

Great interviews, guys. The expansion PAX were great. Is there going to be a regular episode this week or are you taking the week off?

Nice to hear they are involving the actors at a much earlier stage in the writing process.

also, that has to be the shortest and most on-topic games list i've ever seen from you.

Great interviews, guys. The expansion PAX were great. Is there going to be a regular episode this week or are you taking the week off?

We are destroying our free time and lives to provide yet another full episode this week.

that was a short one... and oh man... that final part of the cast with a section of Mass Effect with the awesome music, really brought me back.

I hope ME2's music will be as excellent as ME1's music.

That was a good listen and all but I'm disappointed you totally missed your prime opportunity to ask a person in the know about your difficulty issues and class balance.Boo.

That was a good listen and all but I'm disappointed you totally missed your prime opportunity to ask a person in the know about your difficulty issues and class balance.Boo.

I was under the impression that Mac wasn't "in the know", as far as game mechanics are concerned. He's the lead writer, after all, not the producer or lead programmer.