gdf

Recently completed video games

I beat the first world in Rayman Origins.

It was fun.

(This is what I've been reduced to.)

Just finished the Tiny Tina DLC for Borderlands 2... I'm now done with this game. The Tiny Tina DLC was ok, it was different, yet the same. The worst part of it was how incredibly linear the world and adventure was.

I played 30 Flights of Loving. Man, those French New Wave style cuts were so good.

Just finished gucamelee, it was FANTASTIC :tup: :tup: :tup:

Perfectly refined metriod style action platformer. Really nice looking, excellent music. Funny. Lots of homages to classic platformers and current indie games.

My time with it was split 50/50 between the ps3 and vita. I preferred playing it on the ps3 when I could as it was so darn pretty.

Y'all should get it

I really hope double helix who are making the new metriodvania strider are taking pointers

I've been planning to play Guacameele! but I've heard talk of a PC version, so I thought I'd wait it out. Maybe I'll just get it on the PS3.

I played and beat it on my Vita the week it came out. I can confirm it is a really good game. You should probably play it.

Yeah Guacamelee is a great game, they've improved so much since the Mutant Blob games... they still do too many meme jokes. :|

After putting it off for seven years, I finally got and beat Chibi-Robo! I think I might even 100% it, since I'm already so far in all of the sidequests and I'm still really enjoying the gameplay and super quirky and adorable nature of everything else.

One thing that makes this game hilarious in 2013: Remember at DICE this year when David Cage mentioned that another developer had told him that his game wasn't a real game if it wasn't about shooting dudes, driving cars, or jumping on platforms? Chibi-Robo has the exact minimum of all of those things. The exceptionally brief combat is just sort of tacked on to make the game slightly more conventionally exciting, there's a tiny minigame where you play chicken using toy cars, and there's some mild platforming (all done with a character who cannot jump). It's hilarious.

So I tried buying Guacamelee on the PSN store and I'm about to give up. What a fucking usability catastrophe the PSN store is. I've bought two games using it; Ni No Kuni and Guacamelee. With Ni No Kuni I had to download multiple huge files multiple times in the right order because they were circumventing some sort of size limitation, and I had to google a bunch of cryptic error messages to figure out the right recipe. Now with Guacamelee I go into the PSN store and find it and purchase it, which is probably as good an experience one can expect from a PS3 controller based store. However, after I've purchased it, it shows me three items and tells me I can either download them all, or select one to download. The items available are all called Guacamelee, though one doesn't have a size, one has «Vita» next to it, and the third «PS3.» Since I don't have a Vita I select the 500MB PS3 version and install it. So now I have a game called «Guacamelee (Playable Demo,)» which is just terrible. Already the shopping experience is a complete failure. I press on, though, and assume the first item I bought – the sizeless one – was some kind of activation token or something, so I go back into the PSN store and install that, but still my game is just a playable demo according to the menu.

So yeah, let's just shut down all the physical stores that sell games on discs, because these 2013-era digital stores are a tremendous alternative.

Booted up my friend's PS3, wanted to do some racing in Gran Turismo 5. Hadn't played in a long time. NOW DOWNLOADING UPDATE 1 OF 21. AAAAAAAH!!!!!

Finished Dynasty Warriors 8 - It is Animal Crossing with combos.

So, it's alright.

So I tried buying Guacamelee on the PSN store and I'm about to give up. What a fucking usability catastrophe the PSN store is. I've bought two games using it; Ni No Kuni and Guacamelee. With Ni No Kuni I had to download multiple huge files multiple times in the right order because they were circumventing some sort of size limitation, and I had to google a bunch of cryptic error messages to figure out the right recipe. Now with Guacamelee I go into the PSN store and find it and purchase it, which is probably as good an experience one can expect from a PS3 controller based store. However, after I've purchased it, it shows me three items and tells me I can either download them all, or select one to download. The items available are all called Guacamelee, though one doesn't have a size, one has «Vita» next to it, and the third «PS3.» Since I don't have a Vita I select the 500MB PS3 version and install it. So now I have a game called «Guacamelee (Playable Demo,)» which is just terrible. Already the shopping experience is a complete failure. I press on, though, and assume the first item I bought – the sizeless one – was some kind of activation token or something, so I go back into the PSN store and install that, but still my game is just a playable demo according to the menu.

So yeah, let's just shut down all the physical stores that sell games on discs, because these 2013-era digital stores are a tremendous alternative.

Yeah i had to download the whole thing twice, as i bought it through my vita. Then tried downloading it latter on my ps3 and i was stuck with the demo version

don't uninstall/delete what you've got. Download all of it again, install the ps3 version again and the little unlock file should kick in and change the demo into the full game.

I finished Ending, the minimalist puzzle/roguelike, on my phone the other week. By finished, I mean completed all 60 premade puzzles, and reached the end of the randomly generated dungeon. I guess it's possible to try to beat your best score in the latter (mine's 281), but being fast seems pretty heavily dependent on luck.

Anyway, it's a cool little game. Some way of sharing user made levels would make it perfect.

I've been playing a few of the games I got from the Steam Sale:

-No Time To Explain: It's a hilarious physics game where you move around with a ridiculously overpowered gun, it's full of silliness like a sharktopus and a level making fun of art games... the bad ones that is.

-Papo y Yo: An indie game that I'm not sure if it's trying to subtle about it's message or not. in case it isn't obvious, you a kid with 

an alcoholic father who beats you and you retreat to a fantasy world in your head where a monster represents you father. The final message didn't make much sense, it felt like he was just supposed to take the beating and grow up?

The gameplay was OK enough, but it's nothing you'll regret missing.

-Deadpool: Well, it's exactly like you'd expect a Deadpool game to be, if you like Deadpool, you'll like the game, it's stupid in the same way Deadpool is, which is the awesome way.

I always just find using the web-based version of PSN and downloading to the PS3 the most "simple" solution. Use the website here, queue the download on your PS3, ideally if you have PS+ it'll download at 2am in the morning, then plug your Vita into the PS3 and transfer the purchase over. I also took the step of installing a 1TB 7200RPM HDD in my PS3 to shave off any installation time possible and so I don't have to worry about clogging up the PS3's storage with PSV versions and whatnot.

Convoluted and hardly ideal, but it works for me. And yeah, you have to move over the installation token as well, which is really strange and I can't imagine anyone without technical know-how would be able to decipher that one. But I guess it's probably easier both database-wise and bandwidth-wise to simply have one installer and a key to separate the demo and full versions. Not a good user experience either way, though.

Fez

This was a really great time, and I finished with all the 64 cubes. You feel so smart when you figure out a map or a puzzle, and tried to do as much as possible without looking it up. I shamefully didn't get the alphabet reference, and a bunch of the harder ones. binary star,etc... I love that it feels like there is still more hidden in there, finishing with 209.4%

Finished Mini Motor Racing EVO. :tmeh:

It's quite grindy, nothing really changes you just get access to new cars and some new levels. The levels are loaded with invisible walls, the physics are not great. It's a bit like a top down Track Mania game but much less polished. It features a neat level editor, so there's plenty to go one with. One thing that they did very well is that they often rotated the view on the track, so it becomes quite different to place every time. I used a single car to beat the game, so those options were a bit useless.

Anyway, for the price it's not bad.

After putting it off for seven years, I finally got and beat Chibi-Robo! I think I might even 100% it, since I'm already so far in all of the sidequests and I'm still really enjoying the gameplay and super quirky and adorable nature of everything else.

One thing that makes this game hilarious in 2013: Remember at DICE this year when David Cage mentioned that another developer had told him that his game wasn't a real game if it wasn't about shooting dudes, driving cars, or jumping on platforms? Chibi-Robo has the exact minimum of all of those things. The exceptionally brief combat is just sort of tacked on to make the game slightly more conventionally exciting, there's a tiny minigame where you play chicken using toy cars, and there's some mild platforming (all done with a character who cannot jump). It's hilarious.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I finally played Nights into Dreams, I was a bit wary after hating the Wii one, but this game was pretty fun, you could tell it was a Sonic Team game, the levels had Sonic-y names and they even looked like what I expected a Sonic game to look on a Saturn.

The game structure is similar too, a few short acts and a boss, except this game is actually faster than most Sonic games I've played.

Also, Christmas Nights is officially my favorite Xmas themed game... EVER!

My mouse scroll speed is way too slow. I was making between 0.1 and 0.2 meters per second.

I wonder what DPI they're assuming to measure the length?