gdf

Recently completed video games

Finally, after around two years, I beat Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning today.

It was a game with a really interesting story and mechanics done in by just being too damn long. I took the GB advice to skip most of the side quests, and it still clocked in at around 60 hours. Regardless, I'm really glad I finally got around to it and would recommend for any non-OCD quest completers who are looking for a 40-60 hour RPG.

Huh, I DID do all the sidequests and it took me 58 hours according to Steam.

Although I suppose that might be affected by the game being too fucking easy if you do all the sidequests, 'cause you're always over-leveled.

Although I suppose that might be affected by the game being too fucking easy if you do all the sidequests, 'cause you're always over-leveled.

God's, you can just stun lock everything to death less than halfway through the game. I quit after I broke the combat system. But I still enjoyed it immensely. I'm terribly sad they were tied to that nightmare of mismanagement disaster of 38 Studios or whatever it was. I'd have pre-ordered any Kingdom's of Amalur sequel pretty much instantly.

Regardless, I just beat Journey. It's one of the reasons I bought a PS3 to begin with, and somehow never bought this game yesterday. So... :tup: best game I've played this year. Falling off a bridge back to the beginning of an entire section in the snow, and having the random stranger purposefully fall off at the same point just to make it back  up and to the end with me at the same time was simply amazing. Not to mention the game looks amazing, and is just amazing in general.

Yeah I think Amalur was a fantastic game for the most part. Just had some big flaws that I was confident would be addressed in the next game. And then the developer died. Bah.

My skill choices made things tough for the first 20 hours or so. Then I got my Blacksmithing high enough to start making my own daggers and I started to wreck shop. At the start I was also asking every single person every single converstation option. It took a while for me to get a good sense of who would have useful info and who would just repeat the same dribble.

I just finished The Walking Dead :tup:

I didn't like the gameplay a lot, or at least, all the QTE stuff. But the story was great none the less. It did play a lot like a Hollywood movie, people making idiotic moves, etc. There were a few occasions where the game didn't play out as I anticipated.

Doug got shot after we escaped with the trailer.

And a few times where I didn't pay a lot of attention and accidentally made the wrong choice.

After spending about half a year on and off, I finally beat Pychonauts. Man, the last level is a pain in the ass, but the rest of the game was brilliant. Timed platforming sequences are never a good idea.

You should have played it before they fixed it! It was WORSE! You have unlimited lives now, right?

I still don't think it was that hard. X:

Well, it was (compared to the rest of the game).

Relatively, yeah. But overall... I guess I just play a lot of platformers. I thought it was pretty basic stuff. U:

Well, it's no Cheese Bridge secret exit. Or worse.. Tubular. But it is required to finish the game.

I only had trouble with one small part of it. Am I a secret platforming genius, because I'm pretty sure I'm not that great at games...

You're wrong, and an outlier, and also wrong.

Then the only conclusion is I'm really good at video games and you all suck!

Then the only conclusion is I'm really good at video games and you all suck!

1v1 me at roshan bro

I finally beat Borderlands 2, Steam says it took 55 hours but it feels like it took twice as much. As much as I adored this game, it's length really annoyed and disturbed me... Please tell me Bioshock Infinite isn't 60+ hours too or else I'll cry. T_T

I almost got every mission until the end where the game had a "drive fast" mission, which I really hate and this one was just too tedious for me to care about it. :|

I think I'll cleanse my palette with a shorter game now, maybe playing every Final Fantasy in a row? I kid you not, you could probably beat FF I-III in the time it takes to beat this game. 

Just beat Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It was cool in the first half and lame in the second half. The fighting segments really brought this game down in my opinion.

I only had trouble with one small part of it. Am I a secret platforming genius, because I'm pretty sure I'm not that great at games...

Mainly, where to go and what to do in the beginning  bunny sequence was not very clear to me, which left me wandering around lost for a while, then dying once I ran out of time. Also, there were a couple of spots in the water rising section (the spiral of metal fences) where the controls and camera don't preform logically the same way they have in the rest of the game. *shrug* I don't know how I would have done it without unlimited lives, but I made it all the same.

in case anyone hasn't seen this: http://www.doublefine.com/about/

What’s up with Meat Circus?

What’s up with Meat Circus is that you’re a sissy. Sure, sure, invisibility is very important when Raz’s dad is trying to knock you off those tight ropes. And your shield will bounce the knife thrower’s blades right into those spinning target wheels. And also you can throw a confusion grenade at that bunny and then just go pick it up, instead of trying to grab it with Telekinesis. Those things are also true. But the main point I’m trying to make here is that first one, about you being a sissy.

:) I didn't find any of those bits really all that hard (well maybe the knife into the target thing,) it was mostly the 3d platforming that I was never all that great at in the first place, combined with time pressure that made me mess up.

Uh platformers are the best I dunno what you're talking about.