gdf

Recently completed video games

I just completed Sam and Max 302. It was good!

This is actually a conundrum for me. When I tally up games that I've completed in my head, do I count Telltale games by episode, or by season? I complete each and every game that Telltale releases, often the week it comes out (haven't done 303 yet, as I now have a coworker who will get sad if she doesn't get to watch the games), but I usually don't add them to my tally until a season is complete. How do people do this? Do you have specific reasons for why? Am I just thinking about this way too much?

This is actually a conundrum for me. When I tally up games that I've completed in my head, do I count Telltale games by episode, or by season? I complete each and every game that Telltale releases, often the week it comes out (haven't done 303 yet, as I now have a coworker who will get sad if she doesn't get to watch the games), but I usually don't add them to my tally until a season is complete. How do people do this? Do you have specific reasons for why? Am I just thinking about this way too much?

Each one is a separate executable with its own release date that you start and complete, so I would count each episode as an individual game. Each episode has a different project lead on the development side, too.

Haha... I also like this ruling. Telltale games are pretty much the only ones I've finished in the last year or so.

Finished Borderlands DLC: Island of Dr Ned

It was ok, it was more less like most of Borderlands, except that you had to fight a lot of zombies. Still haven't figured out what to do with those zombie brains, did I miss something?

ElMuerte I have some bad news.

There is a dude you have to talk to in a house very near where you fight the rampaging pumpkin head guy (he is a mission boss). You have to feed the brains to this zombified guy and he gives you stuff.

Problem is that all the zombie brains that you already picked up, no longer count. They may have fixed it in a patch or something but at the time I did it until I had collected over 200 brains for that fucker before realising that I was just grinding this area needlessly and stopped.

only 150+ hours?

That doesn't sound much for doing everything in the game

350ish. Probably more in the range of 400, considering it's a back-tally. (Thinking back trying to calculate how much time I put into it a day back in the day.)

ElMuerte I have some bad news.

There is a dude you have to talk to in a house very near where you fight the rampaging pumpkin head guy (he is a mission boss). You have to feed the brains to this zombified guy and he gives you stuff.

Problem is that all the zombie brains that you already picked up, no longer count. They may have fixed it in a patch or something but at the time I did it until I had collected over 200 brains for that fucker before realising that I was just grinding this area needlessly and stopped.

Oh well, I don't care, it looks like that's just boring grinding for nothing useful at all.

Holy shit! I just finished a game!

I will probably complete Mass Effect next. I was ready to quit after the exhaustive mission in Noveria, as I thought I had only completed about 10 % of the game, but then I found out there weren't that many story missions left.

It was Mass Effect.

I am very surprised that I actually completed the game, as I only began playing it so that I wouldn't have to play Civilization IV. I thought space RPG wouldn't be my thing, but I was able to follow the story all the way to the end and actually enjoyed it quite a bit as well. Hated the combat, though, up until

Ilos

where I finally had a decent assault rifle and the enemies began dying when I shot at them. The little gameplay there was left felt a lot more enjoyable. The equipment management sucked quite a bit as well.

I heard the combat feels different in Mass Effect II. Will I enjoy it more? If so, I might have to buy it on today's Steam sale, which went up the minute the credits started rolling on the first one.

Edit: Just played the demo. Sold! :tup:

Playing "old" games is great. The total price of Mass Effect and Mass Effect II: 26,47€.

Edited by Nappi

I've only done The Citadel (everything possible there) and Novaria (again, I think I've done everything possible), how far would you say I was through the game?

If you only consider the main story missions (and the side missions assosiated with them) I'd say you have played more than a third of the game. Or something like that.

Last night I completed Deus Ex for the first time. I first played it in about 2003 (age 14), got hopelessly stuck in Area 51 (so close!) and gave up but have always considered it one of my favourite games since. Now I feel a little less guilty.

Finished Red Dead Redemption (Finally!) and Sam & Max Season 2 yesterday, I recommend both.

Red Dead was pretty good, though I kinda had to force myself to finish the third act. Epilogue stuff was even worse, those caddle missions were really tedious.

I just finished Red Dead myself, about 5 minutes ago. Do not listen to the person above me. That was one of the best endings I've ever seen in a game. further thoughts to go in the thread for it.

Do not listen to the person above me. That was one of the best endings I've ever seen in a game.

Well I didn't hate it story wise or anything like that, I just thought that most of the late game missions were pretty repetitive.

Sorry if my opinion is invalid, do not listen to me in that case.

Fair enough, I thought you meant story-wise. I thought the ending was incredible. So few games that I can recall have done a denoument section that is anything other than a cutscene, and none quite as skillfully. I thought going back and working the ranch was actually very rewarding. Herding cattle could be a bit awkward at times, but never bad, and I also never found it boring. I just think that to say that they were boring would be to miss the point. The entire game, you're struggling with John to calm his life down and get back to that. I thought it was very interesting that when he finally achieved it, you got to live some of it with him. Really brave move, and I think it payed off amazingly.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl: :tup: I didn't get a true ending but the ending I got

immortality

, though it felt appropriate.

I beat the first Noitu Love in preparation of getting Noitu Love 2 on WiiWare.

It's a very basic game, but there was a lot of love put into it. I like the music, graphics, and brevity of it all. Maybe the weakest part of the character design is the main character, which is odd. I'm guessing the guy was created first and the rest of the game comes in. I have to beat it on the hardest modes still in terms of completion, but it's a good way to spend an hour and a half.

I e-mailed the creator about it, looking for tips to get better at the game, but he seemed rather embarrassed by the whole game and it's design, which I found strange. He's also a good artist among other things.

Just finished the main game of P.B. Winterbottom. That game was awesome! I loved the look and sound of it and couldn't stop playing. Really glad I finally picked it up in the Steam sale.

oh right.. still need to finish the last segment should do that this weekend

I didn't ever know Shadow of Chernobyl had multiple endings, the ending I got was:

I got to the wish granter and then some scary cinematics played, including one where time went forward almost to revealing what actually happened and then went backwards, and it ended with a black screen.

I guess that's the bad ending?

One of 5, which are 5 of 7. All of the wish granter endings depend on your aggregate actions in the game, but if you hunt around the plant a bit more you might find the other two.

Just finished the main game of P.B. Winterbottom. That game was awesome! I loved the look and sound of it and couldn't stop playing. Really glad I finally picked it up in the Steam sale.

Just finished it too. It really a marvelous game.

Two days ago I finished Deus Ex for the first time. I no longer have to hold the shame of knowing I haven't played it. I think I started it on Monday and got hooked on it hard for three days.

I finished Bioshock 2 last night. It was pretty good. I liked the characters more than the first games cast. I don't remember the first game ever giving you much of a reason to care about the player character. You are given a reason to empathize at least a little bit with Delta. I'm also glad

Sinclair didn't turn out to be an asshole like everyone else in Rapture. I was afraid he was going to wind up abandoning you in the end after I found some shady sounding diaries.