Chris

Idle Thumbs PAX Meetup: Saturday at 5:15PM

is someone (perhaps someone who lives in seattle) able to bring a guitar or similar instrument to the meetup so we can get some chris remo idle thumbs live music wizard action? maybe a keytar? I'm flying in from pennsylvania, otherwise i'd bring mine!

Hey, I'm in. I'm the annoying Blizzcon dude you guys talked about on the podcast :banjo:

I'll try to make it to this if I'm not too busy getting shithoused with someone else. You'll know me because I'll be one of the few people with deodorant on. Also, I'm east indian and in a hall full of white dudes I stand out.

I REALLY wanted to make it to PAX this year but it just wasn't in the cards. Please know that I'm with you guys in spirit! ::::opens beer::::

As we were ushered into the VIP room and urged into leather-bound chairs, a voice in my head exclaimed:

"When reading 'Idle Thumbs Meetup' a few days ago -- this is exactly what I imagined."

My wife won a game! A game I had not heard of until this evening... Dirty Dancing by Say Design. PC Gamer UK gave it a 9 out of 100 and had this to say about it: "You're just here for the Swayze puns, you filthy slut. [July 2008, p.89]" I'm left wondering how this item came to be in Chris Remo's possession, mind you, it has a price sticker on it. The sticker leads me to believe that someone at some point purchased the game.

We enjoyed talking with several listeners, learning about the Canadian health care system, and playing some of listener Thom's self-developed iPhone games.

Thanks guys, this event makes the "holy-shit-65,000-game-nerds" experience of PAX that much better.

As we were ushered into the VIP room and urged into leather-bound chairs, a voice in my head exclaimed:

"When reading 'Idle Thumbs Meetup' a few days ago -- this is exactly what I imagined."

My wife won a game! A game I had not heard of until this evening... Dirty Dancing by Say Design. PC Gamer UK gave it a 9 out of 100 and had this to say about it: "You're just here for the Swayze puns, you filthy slut. [July 2008, p.89]" I'm left wondering how this item came to be in Chris Remo's possession, mind you, it has a price sticker on it. The sticker leads me to believe that someone at some point purchased the game.

We enjoyed talking with several listeners, learning about the Canadian health care system, and playing some of listener Thom's self-developed iPhone games.

Thanks guys, this event makes the "holy-shit-65,000-game-nerds" experience of PAX that much better.

Yeah it was rad! Thanks for coming!

And about Dirty Dancing, I was at GameStop the other day specifically looking for hilarious shit to give away to Thumbs, and the discovery of that game fulfilled my goal beyond my wildest dreams. Please play it and write in.

Yeah it was rad! Thanks for coming!

And about Dirty Dancing, I was at GameStop the other day specifically looking for hilarious shit to give away to Thumbs, and the discovery of that game fulfilled my goal beyond my wildest dreams. Please play it and write in.

Sounds like something Chris would do for an Idle Thumbs meet. Saw the pics up on Twitter. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time, you guys should try and do it at every big convention you're together at.

I went to the fox grill at about 6 and didn't see anyone there and was quite sad, I found out later from another dude that you guys moved locations. In other news I went to CCP's party and got ridiculously trashed at the open bar. It was at the point where the bartender recognized me because I was getting drinks way too often and knew what I wanted, smirnoff ice obv gotta rep tha geek pride.

I went to the fox grill at about 6 and didn't see anyone there and was quite sad, I found out later from another dude that you guys moved locations. In other news I went to CCP's party and got ridiculously trashed at the open bar. It was at the point where the bartender recognized me because I was getting drinks way too often and knew what I wanted, smirnoff ice obv gotta rep tha geek pride.

Shit, I'm sorry man. We tried the FOX Grill but it was just completely full. (I had tried to make a reservation about a week earlier but they weren't taking any.) We lucked out with the Taphouse but yeah I was worried some people would show up late to the old location.

lemonade....

Haha, I drank way too much tequilla. Also my friend tried to keep up with me, and ended up throwing up 4 times over the course of the night. We somehow managed to lose my gps inside my car, which is an accord, so something like a 4x4 compartment so while being ridiculously hammered we fell asleep in my car under the viaduct overpass with drug dealers and crazy hobos around us. During the night I had 3 separate occassions where while being drunk as hell I woke my buddy up with a "dude we have to leave, there's crazy people here" and asked him to find the gps because american highways are goddamn confusing. Anyway, the poor guy just kind of shuffled around and fell asleep everytime. Then finally at 6 am this hobo was sitting on his bicycle quite literally 6 feet in front of my car and kept staring at my face. This freaked my drunk self the fuck out and I drove out of there and magically ended up at my cousin's apartment.

The best part, I fell asleep in my boxers at the apartment and ended up with a horrible headache from being sick but no hangover. I don't think it's possible for me to be hungover anymore after the crown royale fiasco from 2 years ago. My poor buddy however, I made that guy chase double shots of tequilla with me with coronas and he was pretty much done.

As I saw the pictures on the main Idle Thumbs site, all I could think was "And there I am, in the plaid red shirt, staring off into the distance, looking like a putz."

I had fun, surely, but I didn't stay the whole time as there was gonna be a panel happening around 7, so I left early. I walked away with "Time Gentlemen, Please," which I will have to download and see what it's all about.

After reading that front page update about the meet-up, I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that someone, at some point in time, decided to call a planned-to-be-released game "Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury". I demand it be Idle Thumbs' sacred quest to uncover just what the Secret of Vulcan Fury is. Have that developer guy on a podblast!

I hope none of you got swine flu. Who'd have figured that a giant conflagration of geeks would be a prime disease breeding ground? :getmecoat

It seems the meet-up was really fantastic! More meet-ups is an awesome idea. I want to meet more Thumbs in person!

I've gotta say, I was expecting more from the Thumbs listeners. Out of forty people, nobody could pull off the full three-part harmony "Wizard" from the Ballad of Riccitiello? Shameful, Thumbs listeners. Shameful.

Several pictures I clicked (containing possible sightings of all three of our hosts):

it_pax_02.jpg

Farcry 2!

it_pax_03.jpg

Hooraayyy for us!

it_pax_04.jpg

*Horrifying noise emanating from Chris Remo's computer*

it_pax_05.jpg

Idle Thumb(s)! Video Games! Wizzaarrrrrharrrrarrrrd!

Several pictures I clicked (containing possible sightings of all three of our hosts):

Thanks, added to the blog post!

Woah, Idle Thumbs overload! I go on holiday for a couple of weeks and you release 5 podcasts, start a thumbs blog and have an awesome meetup!

Not that I could make it anyway being stuck over here in the UK.

Count my wand in for a UK gathering at some point.

Edited by F4T C4T
deleted my sad smiley because he turned out angry for some reason.