Chris

Idle Thumbs PAX Meetup: Saturday at 5:15PM

Jake's PAX thread is dumb, so:

paxmeetup6.jpg

(He did make that sweet image though)

Those of us who host the Idle Thumbs podcast would like to conduct the first ever Official Idle Thumbs Meet Up at Penny Arcade Expo this year, now that Jake Rodkin and I have pressured Nick Breckon into actually attending. (We did have two meetups at BlizzCon, but they were very last-minute and slapped together.)

The time we've chosen is Saturday, September 5 at about 5:15PM for an undetermined duration.

We can hang out and talk about video games, and wizards.

How many of you guys are heading to PAX? Would that time be good for you? I know it's impossible to avoid conflicts for everyone, but I tried to pick a time that wouldn't conflict with our existing commitments--our own Jake will be at the Telltale panel from 4pm to 5pm--as well as wouldn't conflict with things our listenership is most likely to want to attend, like the Giant Bomb and Brodeo panels.

Beyond that, anyone have any feedback as to whether it would be better to stay on-site or go off-site to a bar or something?

We're hoping to have enough of a plan by Monday that we can actually announce it in the podcast and hope enough people listen to it in time.

Google Image Search made the art. I searched for Wizard gathering or something.

I won't be able to attend,

Now I'm mad at geography.

Yeah, someone should gather a load of helicopters and take PAX on a tour of the world or something. Or just Thumbses.

Yeah, someone should gather a load of helicopters and take PAX on a tour of the world or something. Or just Thumbses.

I'm in! How much is a load of helicopters these days? Hundreds of pounds, at least, I'm quite sure!

apparently i kill these threads. in an effort to revitalize it, my mother made me a wizard costume when i was little with a tunic + hooded cape. i wore it with an old man wizard mask for at least three Halloween's in a row.

apparently i kill these threads. in an effort to revitalize it, my mother made me a wizard costume when i was little with a tunic + hooded cape. i wore it with an old man wizard mask for at least three Halloween's in a row.

Are you saying this to imply you'll be wearing it to the PAX meetup?

Are you saying this to imply you'll be wearing it to the PAX meetup?

I think that means: if the answer is yes Jake will buy you a drink...

I am sad because I will only be going on Fri.

I guess I will be reduced to wandering around saying "Video Games" and emitting the occasional baboo.

Hmm, I wonder if my mom still has it tucked away in the rune-protected vault beneath our tower. I can't imagine she'd throw away something as wondrous as a wizard's cloak, so maybe I will dress up for the meetup.

Better yet, WHISTLE STOP TOUR!

I am interested in this event.

I'll have my wife along. If anyone wants to talk to her, she has completely solved the first Professor Layton.

Has a place been decided upon?

Check out the brand-spanking new frontpage blog.

If you don't, it says this:

When: Saturday, September 5, 2009

Be more specific: 5:15 PM, Pacific Daylight Time

Where: Near the escalators on the first floor of the Seattle convention center

Be more specific: The corresponding address is 710 Pike St., Seattle

---> Where: FOX Sports Bar and Grill

I also live on the Sun, or Mercury perhaps. Figuratively. :hmph:

This is a momentous occasion. Question for the Grand Wizards: After meeting you, has anyone ever said that they never found you funny again? The answer may influence my attendance at the meetup, and possibly PAX entirely.

If it helps I've met them a number of times, (except nick who I only met once, I wasn't convinced he existed until then) and they remain most amusing.

Hey Chris, what about the loyal listeners who actually turned up (i.e. miraculously had phone service in the convention centre) at Blizzcon? Where are our PC codes?

Eh, joking aside, this is the year I should have gone to PAX. I know the thumbs will have fantastic fun. I hope there are more meet-ups in the future. I started reading the forums after the small meet-up in Blizzcon, and it's a cool way for everyone to get to know each other better.