80's Bad Guy

Wizaaaaaards!!

I'm more curious if the Idle Thumbs wizard joke has hit mainstream so much that it IS Daffy Duck riding on their coat tales.

My parents visited a castle in the Netherlands yesterday, Doornenburg, and lo! There was the wizard, bless't with a powerful cantrip causing the camera to be unable to focus on him, instead getting a razor sharp image of the tractor in the back.

wizard.jpg

Truly, the wizard is a powerful fiend! :tup:

Well, this isn't quite the same but it is close enough. A Wizard who turns himself into the implements required to play arkanoid in an RPG skin.

http://wizorb.com/

Wizorb.

GiantBomb is in the midst of its GOTY.cx picks, and Brad Shoemaker has done all of his picks in the style of a wizard.

me9NZjqgXTE

Additionally, the Day 2 general recap video has more wizard FMV stuff, and the last message is just "YOU'RE A WIZARD!" Since Brad has made some Idle Thumbs references in the past, including quietly saying "wizard" when Thumbs were mentioned, this might be a deliberate joke.

_5ZS1_b9OjE

Maybe he can magically make it come back.

HINT HINT, CHRIS.

HINT. MOTHERFUCKING. HINT.

A weird attempt to make psychologists/psychiatrist wear wizard outfits when testifying in court: http://bc-injury-law.com/blog/making-psychiatrists-dress-wizards

When a psychologist or psychiatrist testifies during a defendant’s competency hearing, the psychologist or psychiatrist shall wear a cone-shaped hat that is not less than two feet tall. The surface of the hat shall be imprinted with stars and lightning bolts. Additionally, a psychologist or psychiatrist shall be required to don a white beard that is not less than 18 inches in length, and shall punctuate crucial elements of his testimony by stabbing the air with a wand. Whenever a psychologist or psychiatrist provides expert testimony regarding a defendant’s competency, the bailiff shall contemporaneously dim the courtroom lights and administer two strikes to a Chinese gong

WHY DIDN'T THIS PASS?

If i remember correctly these things were mentioned somewhere in this thread before, but still..BATMAN!

I fail to see the inherent wizardly relation.

I only recognize that commercial with The Wizard starting at some point.

Sidenote: during the coldest days of winter you had better believe I desired a Snuggie wizard fleece.

A while ago I played the card game "Witch's Brew", where one of the roles available are "The Wizard". When playing this card you have to loudly exclaim, "I'm the wizard" or "No! I'm the wizard" when playing the card. Having the song pop up in my head every time I played this card made it a somewhat surreal experience.

The Wizard card and game.