80's Bad Guy

Wizaaaaaards!!

That's just unnecessary information. I could understand it if he were a 'masturbation wizard', i.e. a person with masturbation-based magicks. But to be a wizard of undefined talent who also happens to be masturbating to some degree, that is something I don't see as relevant information towards his profession.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgq_iXrXs2c&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgq_iXrXs2c&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgq_iXrXs2c&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgq_iXrXs2c&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

This.

Friends, let me spin you a tale about the movie The Wizard. I know, I know, we all know about this movie and its obvious connection to Idle Thumbs, but there's an underlying theme to that movie, and the very narrative of Idle Thumbs that points to a larger conspiracy:

1989: The Wizard is released in theaters.

2004: Idle Thumbs is created.

2008: Idle Thumbs is resurrected as a podcast about video games. It is hosted by Chris Remo, Jake Rodkin, and Nick Breckon.

2009: Nick Breckon leaves Idle Thumbs (and ShackNews) to begin work at Bethesda.

2010: Bethesda publishes Fallout: New Vegas.

As most of you know, the story arc in The Wizard involves a kid, Jimmy a.k.a. The Wizard, who has extreme trauma-induced aspergers after his sister tragically dies. His most vivid memories of his sister are from a family vacation to the Cabazon Dinosaurs. In Fallout: New Vegas, there is a town called NoVac that is centered around a large, hollow, Tyrannosaurus Rex which houses a gift shop, not at all dissimilar from the gift shop housed inside of a large, hollow, Apatosaurus in which Jimmy flees to at the end of The Wizard.

On its face, this connection isn't too crazy either, but come see what clue lies within the credits for The Wizard:

PowerGloveAdvisor.jpg

Power Glove Advisor: NOVAK

Ladies, Gentlemen, I conjecture that this plan has been building since Nick Breckon was a small 9 year old, fascinated with Nintendo propaganda film The Wizard. If y'all would like to give me a grant, I would be happy to spend the next year combing through every frame of the movie and every second of the podcast to find more connections.

Addendum: Could the dinosaurs of Cabazon/NoVac tie into the Jeff Goldblum's role as Ian Malcom in the movies Jurassic Park and The Lost World: Jurassic Park? More research needs to be done!

Addendum number 2: Fred Savage (who starred in The Wizard) also directed three episodes of the TV show Wizards of Waverly Place as well as producing an episode of Phil of the Future titled "Where's the Wizard?". COINCIDENCE?!?

Edited by MysteriousLeg

Holy shit, how old is Nick Breckon anyway?

I'd guess max of 30-35.

It was established that Jake was born in 1980, and I'm inclined to say that he was the oldest of the members (not to be offensive, or anything, I just always got that sense by his constant acknowledgement of his age), so I'm assuming that Nick was born at the very earliest around 1980, but probably closer to '82.

Yeah, Chris Remo is like 14 or something. Fucking asshole kid being all successful.

A perfect size doll to fit into your pocket, purse or carry in your hand. Use in a doll house, holiday stocking, or on a package as a decoration.

Have Wizards been relegated to mere cheap decoration? What a sad fall from grace. :getmecoat