80's Bad Guy

Wizaaaaaards!!

I was walking by this wall at work (marketing for industrial computer company) I've walked by a thousand times and nearly choked on my coffee when I happened to see this image (sorry crappy cell phone):

Wizards.jpg

So yeah, I work with Wizards.

Have you encountered any boss wizard wizards in real life?

My mum is flicking through the local paper and just shouted through to me "Fraser, you should go to the Wizard Festival". I fucking exploded with laughter and babbled nonsensically about wizards and thumbs and THE MOTHERFUCKING WIZAAAARD!

Checked out the website.

WIZARD RADIO

Checked out the website.

WIZARD RADIO

I fucking hate websites that play music at me without warning, but I'm willing to make an exception for The Charlatans *drifts into a nostalgic haze*

Coming back from the football I saw a poster for it in Aberdeen and burst out laughing again. Thanks for making me look like a mental weirdo for the umpteenth time Idle Thumbs.

Because I'm the motherfucking wizard.

Who was responsible for the "MOTHERFUCKING WIZAAARDS!" voicemail, by the way? That's one of the best "Wizard" I have heard.

EDIT: Incidentally, this might be the best "Wizard" I have heard:

I was watching Conan the Barbarian (classic early Arnold), tonight. I got to the part where James Earl Jones turns a snake into an arrow and shoots what's-her-name, and when she's dying, she says..."The Wizaaard!" I lol'ed and rewound to watch it again.

Haven't watched the movie though, and I only know it in the Electric Wizard context.

Who was responsible for the "MOTHERFUCKING WIZAAARDS!" voicemail, by the way? That's one of the best "Wizard" I have heard.

Hahaha, that was me.

I sort of said in the Idlethumbs 39 thread, but didn't want to draw too much attention to it. I was really tired and waiting until I was lost after a long drive to be silly enough to yell it into their voicemail.

But yeah, the wizard could probably take me.

I think I saw them support Mogwai at the ICA a few years ago. They played for quite a while. The venue management people wanted them to leave. The band did not want to leave. The management people shone torches in the band's eyes. The band made aggressive gestures with their fingers.

I sadly have not encountered any Wizards in real life, but since Idle Thumbs, I laugh to myself every time I have to run a "Setup Wizard".

I went to see Ponyo a few nights ago, and nearly killed myself laughing at her outburst of "Is your father an EVIL Wizard?"

I laugh to myself every time I have to run a "Setup Wizard".

"Please choose the wizard would you like to setup."

Idlethumbs has ruined my life for the better (?!). I can't go anywhere without thinking of something. I had to leave a store the other day because I was thinking about the horsebag and laughing so much

Magic missile... I started playing D&D a few weeks ago and I continuously call out "the wizard". The guy that plays the wizard doesn't listen to Idle Thumbs, nor does anyone else in the group. :hah:

Looks like Biffy Clyro's Simon Neil.

Interestingly enough there was a song called "Some Kind of Wizard" on their third album Infinity Land. COINCIDENCE?!!1

Mon the Biffy!

In yet another hilarious coincidence The Ideal Height has just come on my iTunes.

And that cover is amazing. Do you think Remo engineered it?