Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Idle News Podblast - 08/17/09: With StarCraft II 2

We may have forgotten to actually talk about StarCraft II

"With Starcraft II 2"

With fleeting, ghostly visions of long-decommissioned Dragoons still haunting their minds, the Thumbs crew attempts to discuss StarCraft II while staving off the effects of sleep deprivation. Jake draws pictures. Plus, rumor has it Far Cry 2 makes its triumphant return--and there's only one way to find out. (Read the games discussed list.)

Games Discussed: StarCraft II, World of Warcraft, Far Cry 2

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

Edited by Marek
fixed your title

WAKE UP!!!

I have no interest in StarCraft II so that bit was fantastic. I guess I shouldn't have listened, but I'm bored...so terribly bored...

Edited by UncleSpaggles

wow... I'm amazed how long you could keep that "serious" part going

That was hilarious.

The original concept for that episode was for it to be entirely that, but it is beyond obvious that we could not keep it going.

I had the impression Jake wanted to derail the conversation as much as possible because he was the only one who didn't play the game... and it was hilarious :hah::hah::hah:

I had the impression Jake wanted to derail the conversation as much as possible because he was the only one who didn't play the game... and it was hilarious :hah::hah::hah:

That is definitely what was going on!

Before listening to Idle Thumbs, I never really thought much about Starcraft. I played through Diablo, Warcraft II and III, but it didn't register on my radar at the time. I think, once I get a good computer again, I'll look into it.

And there was some backwards Theme-age. This time listening to the 'cast, I was walking around London's Covent Garden, and moderately exploded.

"I played this game backwards, and a voice low in the mix told me 'six point seven'."

Are you guys going to do one of these for Starcraft II 2 Two too when that comes out? (Sorry, this was the best I could do when I realized that photoshopping a tutu onto the guy in a space suit with a cigar was going to be a huge waste of time.)

Also, can I just say, I have a Mac, a DS and a Wii, point being, there are complete podcasts that have no relevance to me whatsoever, and I still thoroughly enjoy every single one.

I love WAKE UP!!! out of nowhere after an awkward pause so much.

I spit out my coffee.

I was trying to fall asleep to podcasts when this happened. :zoid:

Before listening to Idle Thumbs, I never really thought much about Starcraft. I played through Diablo, Warcraft II and III, but it didn't register on my radar at the time. I think, once I get a good computer again, I'll look into it.

I think part of the appeal of StarCraft, and the reason for its success, is that you don't need a good computer for it. I bought the game for the first time a couple months ago. Haven't gone more than a few missions into it yet though :(

I think part of the appeal of StarCraft, and the reason for its success, is that you don't need a good computer for it. I bought the game for the first time a couple months ago. Haven't gone more than a few missions into it yet though :(

For sure, but my laptop really isn't a gaming one. It might be able to struggle through Starcraft, but I don't want to be disappointed.

It was pretty low-tech even in 1998. Great 2D art, but nothing that will strain your computer. As long as you have a decent mouse to play it with, you'll be set.