Roderick

Dragon Age

Don't know why you spoiled that, but yeah, I'm with you. I died a whole bunch on the way up to boss fights, but any boss fight, including the final one, were a total breeze. It felt a little sad that the boss had been built up so damn much over the course of the game as this unstoppable evil thing and then it just took me smashing it with a sword for about 10 minutes and popping a heal every now and then. Oh well.

I just started with spoiler tags cause I didn't want to pick through it later if I wrote something spoilerish.

The

golem boss fight

kicked my ass. Other were easy. If I ever get the chance to

murder Anora, that traitorous bitch,

I will do it without hesitation.

Wow, Awakenings really is "Oops all sidequests".

I'm fine with that since the main quest of Dragons Age was shit.

I bought it during the steam sale but wont be able to play it until fall, bleh.

Yeah it's fine, but it feels like i hit a major quest hub in WoW. Instead of being pulled through a narrative I'm compelled to ignore the quest text.

Yeah it's fine, but it feels like i hit a major quest hub in WoW. Instead of being pulled through a narrative I'm compelled to ignore the quest text.

Yeah I have no idea what that is, but I like the idea of not being pulled through a narrative... but maybe I am interpreting that incorrectly.

Basically thats what dragon age felt like to me accept at the start and near the end, it was just go do whatever and find out whats going on in such and such place, it was great. I really disliked it when it went back to their lame ass lord of the rings, mass effect, and every other story ever plot.

I agree it was better as an open ended game, but it was actually pretty linear. Unless you roll a mage, you basically had to run the dungeons in order or it would kick your ass.

Just started playing Awakenings. So far, more Dragon Age, which is exactly what I wanted. What I didn't want however, is the glitch that has it so that my (never once tattooed) imported character has a giant "LEGACY TATTOO ASSET: DO NOT USE!!" scrawled across her forehead. Awesome. I can sort of ignore it as it doesn't hurt gameplay at all, but how has this not been patched out so many months after release?

I guess someone didn't get that memo, haha.

That's the one. I may get a shot of my own later, but if I don't, picture an elf woman with short, blonde hair with that across her face.

I think it's a good look, you just need to take possession of it.

Didn't stop me from putting in about 4 and a half hours yesterday. It's not like you see your character's face much anyway.

Awakenings is fun, although lacking the charm of the real game. So much easier though now that I am death incarnate. I stopped playing when I realised I was getting close to the final act because I didn't want my Dragon Age to be over.

Going to try Leiliana's new DLC tonight. Did anyone try the darkspawn chronicles?

God the Bioware website is terrible. It's all so confusing. Every time I go looking for a new DLC or trying to download my old ones I just get lost.

Looks like I'm almost done Awakenings already.

At least, half my crew has been killed in an assault on the Vigils Keep.

Enjoying it a lot still, but definitely feel like I'm coming to the end of my time with this game, at least for a year or so. I'd like to play again some time as a Mage, just to see how different it is from the Warrior, but I'm fine with that time being a while from now. Hit the new level cap pretty fast, it feels like, and there's pretty much not a single enemy that gives me pause anymore. It's a bit sad, as I got my ass kicked a lot in the game proper. The expansion just doesn't pose the same challenge. Still, a good expansion to a great game.

Oh, and I still have that stupid tattoo.

To me, the actual story of Awakening was way more interesting than the old orc invasion of the original.

Yeah, I haven't actually minded it so far. Then again, pretty much all "high-fantasy" crap bores me to tears. The main campaign at least did a couple of things that spun away enough to interest me, and the expansion (while still sorta hackneyed and boilerplate) is doing a bit more of that still. It's a video game story, so I don't expect much. All I ask is that it's enough to draw me through. It's doing that, so I'm happy with it.

Huh. Only did so once for me. I had complaints with the game, to be sure, but stability was not one of them. Yay, PC gaming!

Huh. Only did so once for me. I had complaints with the game, to be sure, but stability was not one of them. Yay, PC gaming!

I had at least half a dozen crashes on one boss fight, I've probably had over 20 in total. It's really frustrating.

I've had recent crash problems with Awakenings as well. There is a certain problem with the Nvidia Geforce 8 series.

I've had recent crash problems with Awakenings as well. There is a certain problem with the Nvidia Geforce 8 series.

ATI 4870 here.