Jake

Idle News Podblast: With Brutal Legend

AKA The Brutal Blast, or not.

"With Brutal Legend"

Chris and Nick got a chance to sit down with the multiplayer component of Double Fine Productions' upcoming Brutal Legend and are ready to share their hands-on impressions with you.

Will Chris describe it in terms of Pikmin 2's versus mode? Will Full Throttle be mentioned? Grab your axe, your axe, and probably your axe, and listen in.

Games Discussed: Brutal Legend

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

The multiplayer sounds extremely similar to the fantastic PC RTS Sacrifice. I loved that game and was always surprised that nobody picked up on and refined the gameplay innovations it brought.

A quick check of google brought some tasty multiplayer footage (over at Eye Gee En) to my attention. I had no interest in Brutal Legend before hearing this podcast but now I'm definitely gonna give it a whirl.

damn... wtf was that crap at the end... it's worst that last time

;)

Are there any single player spoilers in this podcast? I'm trying to remain relatively unspoiled since I've already preordered it.

(I already heard about the

demon wing RTS mode thingie

, but didn't see the first twenty minute demo video that's been floating around the web.)

During the backwards section at the end, I was semi-hoping you'd go into a warped version of the News Theme to End All News Themes (or whatever it's called), but you didn't. Probably a good thing, because I probably would have blasted more than just a pod over fellow bus travellers if so.

"I played this song backwards, and my head exploded!" - music.ign.com

The multiplayer sounds extremely similar to the fantastic PC RTS Sacrifice. I loved that game and was always surprised that nobody picked up on and refined the gameplay innovations it brought.

Indeed, how does the game compare to sacrifice?

Video is available here: http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14210507/brutal-legend/videos/brutallegend_trl_multiplaypt1_81109.html

This reminded me of how fantastic backwards sound can be. Also, you're doing a good job of being a podcast of both a regular hour+ of fun each week and the occasional shorter breaking news 'bargo 'splodin' newscasts.

Brutal Legend is the game I was looking forward the most this fall, and yet I had no idea it even had a multiplayer mode until now. Now it's the game I'm looking forward to the mostest.

Also, whatever was at the end of this podblast was way more disturbing than anything from the Dragon Age one.

That was great, just laughed like a maniac and started speaking backwards to my girlfriend. I'm on a packed train heading to Bath and people are giving me strange looks. I thought I'd downloaded the long cast, not this shit! KCUF OUY SYUG...

Wait, Brutal Legend has RHYTHM sections in it?;(

This worries me terribly.... I bought Rhythm Heaven and it was a waste of money because I couldn't get past the FIRST level!

I have the worst sense of rhythm ever! I sure hope they make it not too hard or not essential, because if not... I might actually not buy it and crawl into a fetal position and cry for a year...:clap::woohoo::erm::(:fart::frusty::getmecoat

Wait, Brutal Legend has RHYTHM sections in it?;(

This worries me terribly.... I bought Rhythm Heaven and it was a waste of money because I couldn't get past the FIRST level!

I have the worst sense of rhythm ever! I sure hope they make it not too hard or not essential, because if not... I might actually not buy it and crawl into a fetal position and cry for a year...:clap::woohoo::erm::(:fart::frusty::getmecoat

It's pretty minor and not particularly difficult. Rhythm Heaven is a particularly difficult game for a lot of people.

It's pretty minor and not particularly difficult. Rhythm Heaven is a particularly difficult game for a lot of people.

Phew! Thank God!

So, is multiplayer and (possibly singleplayer) anything like Shiny's Sacrifice ?

*I suggest to mute the video before playing it*

0PL5TWd_uxw

For some reason this multiplayer thing didn't make me any more excited about the game. I never played Pikmin and didn't like Sacrifice (from the little I played, probably the demo only).