Sign in to follow this  
syntheticgerbil

Nintendo Inflatable Donkey

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/nintendo-patents-inflatable-accessory

ss_preview_ninhors1_thumb.jpg.jpg

ss_preview_ninhors2.jpg.jpg?slideshow=true

This just seems like such a bad idea, almost like a desperate cry for help. I'm hoping it will die before making any official appearance, if it's not an original abandoned idea for the Wii Balance Board as some have speculated. I don't want to play Warioware Inflatable Bulge. ;(

Ohh man, I so hope this makes it to stores. I think the whole 'Wii' thing was just the elaborate setup for this thing, a joke of epic proportions, where Nintendo gets the whole world to sit on an inflatable donkey balloon whoopie cushion.

Now that's a pay-off.

Everything about this is awesome.

From the Bruce Lee guy demonstrating the ability to use it on the floor or a stool to the quiz boy in a one-sey demonstrating Petz Horsez 2. Its just dripping with pure internet win.

Where the heck is section AA? I wanna see what's inside that thing!

Can't wait for the websites dedicated to Wii-rhoids.

OK, I'm finished.

This totally clinches it for everyone who says Nintendo ignoring hardcore gamers. Most of whom would pop that thing if they tried to sit on it.

They're going to need to include a disclaimer warning against wearing skirts, dresses and kilts while riding the Wii inflatable donkey.

Okay, that's wierd. But what do you make of a real product like the Nintendo Vitality Sensor

I did not know about this... what is this going to be used for besides keeping your pulse for the fit games? I mean I've only tested those things in sleazy restaurants and bars to see how I rank on the love meter. Maybe they'll have a Princess Peach simulation type thing for adults somewhat similar to when you talk to Pikachu on the mic for 64?

Maybe you can use the vitality sensor with your donkey somehow?

Oh I know, they can make a sh'mup where your ship fires every time your heart beats.

Maintain maximum pulse for maximum multiplier!

I don't care what anyone says. The model in the Vitality Sensor poster has GORGEOUS hands...

I hope to god that isn't George Costanza!

Onto the uses of the vitality sensor, I want Ace Attorney with a polygraph test!

• More extensive and elaborate Wii injuries than ever before.

But thanks the vitality sensor your Wii will be able to detect your injury and contact emergency services.

Jesus christ, that first kid's face is going to haunt me in my dreams for about a week.

Is it a kid with a receding hairline, or a 40 year old in a onesie?

Wii peripheral that you bounce on, right?

Wii peripheral that monitors your heart rate, right?

How long till we get Wii Sex?

'It will please you, in a way that will excite you' (said with creepy eyebrow motions)

Wii peripheral that you bounce on, right?

Wii peripheral that monitors your heart rate, right?

How long till we get Wii Sex?

'It will please you, in a way that will excite you' (said with creepy eyebrow motions)

Who said the Vitality Sensor had to go on the finger..?

it took me a while to figure out what that contraption on the TV was, it really looked/looks like some kind of sex device.

What the hell? Is this some kind of marketing probe that enables publishers and producers to know exactly when the audience if laughing?

Of course, this man isn't laughing. I'm not at all familiar with the emotion he is displaying with his devil face.

Haha, I guess there is a universal disgustingly awkward and sterile way to draw for patents... at least video game ones.

Yes, because of what they might be used for, patent illustrations typically have to be incredibly literal and accurate. Illustrators make careers out of it. Patent illustrations have more roots in technical drawing than anything else, which might be why people tend to look hilariously bad in them.

The Sony one above reminds me of a medieval cathedral window - not because of a similarity in style, but because scale and positions of objects are neglected to show their relationships more clearly, much as stained glass was designed to show religious iconography and characters more clearly.