MrChaz

Have people seen Machinarium?

Hasn't there already been a thread or two about this game?

Anyway, I'm also looking forward to it. I loved the Samorost games.

This is actually the only game I've ever pre-ordered.

Hasn't there already been a thread or two about this game?

Search is your friend.

Toblix, in answer to the question you asked there, I though Samorost part 2 was a little short and not as good as the earlier one. Machinarium, though, was already pretty good last October when they sent some builds over for the Eurogamer expo.

I must have typo'd the search :(

Where did you pre-order from? It doesn't seem to be on Steam yet

Hadn't heard anything about this before I tried the demo, and what a lovely surprise! I've officially started looking forward to this.

Wow. This is much more like a traditional adventure game than I thought it would be -- you control the game only through the character, and can't make things happen by clicking anything on the screen like in the previous games (or was Samorost 2 like this as well? Anyway, it seems more strong here). I like it a lot.

PS, I really wish the inventory would pop up somewhere around the robot, like maybe its hand should make a kind of a clothes line, or something like the Grim Fandango inventory. It would make so much sense here, instead of the more common hover on the top edge of the screen (but maybe I only get that feeling because you don't get a lot of stuff in the demo).

This really is gorgeous. It would have be nice if they'd made a bit more of an effort with the interface though, I expected right clicking while holding an object would send it back to the inventory, but instead it just brings up the Flash player right click menu.

Still, it's as charming as I'd imagined, I've got my pre-order in now.

Just tried it. Fantastic. I like the idea of being able to attach things to the outside of your character. And of course, it's beautifully designed. I think I'm sold. The only thing that doesn't sit well with me is the length (only 30 or so scenes).

That was a really short demo. And if these 3 scenes are 10% of the full game... then... :( the price is quite steep.

Yeah, I think I might wait until the price drops a bit or it goes on special. Does Steam have a 'Watch' feature that gives information on changes to- or news about a game?

Does Steam have a 'Watch' feature that gives information on changes to- or news about a game?

You could subscribe to the RSS feed and use some kind of filters on that.