Jake

Idle News Podblast - 08/01/09: Surprise

It's not as bad as all that.

"Surprise"

Sometimes a podcast goes off the rails and is killed for the betterment of mankind. People occasionally ask why. Hopefully this provides an answer. Freshly exumed from the lot out behind Chris' apartment, enjoy the moist wreckage of the Idle Thumbs Episode 36 that wasn't. Warning: May titillate or offend.

Games Discussed: Dragon Age: Origins, Dante's Inferno, Research & Development, Eets, Left 4 Dead 2, Bookworm Adventures

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

Yeah I gotta say, I had zero interest in Dragon Age: Origins until I heard Chris' impressions. Social class simulation WHAT.

(Animal sodomy sounds pretty sweet* too)

*not sweet

Not sure why you guys were so hesitant and embarrassed to put this up. Blame Bioware and the ESRB for putting images in our heads of Dwarf-On-Donkey Backdoor Romance During The Time Of Dragons, not yourselves. There was some great info in there, and I'm gonna check out that Research & Development Half-Life Mod tonight.

"Dragon Age will make you reevaluate your relationship with your pets!" - IGN.COM

Wow Jake, you really love donkey cock. And dwarf cock. And donkeys fucking dwarves. With their cocks.

This was pretty hilarious.

it wasn't that terrible, I think you guys can do much worse

The UK person listening to this podcast:

beastiality.jpg

(Sorry. I usually avoid posting these pictures, but this Podblast asked for it.)

The UK person listening to this podcast

Whatever House does in his spare time is FINE BY ME.

This was quite possibly the best 'cast ever. I certainly enjoy the more intellectual 'casts, but there is certainly something to be said for non-stop cocks.:clap:

also lingering farts:spiraldy:

I am really torn between the fact that this podcast is hilarious and the fact that I started listening to this podcast because it is informative.

On one hand, as everybody I am delighted that you put this online because it was very funny, on the other hand, I appreciate that you regard this as a failed podcast because just saying piss and just and balls, as funny as it can be is only entertainment.

Listening to a group of intelligent people talking, I might be looking for something a little more content than what I could do with my friends.

This podcast at least made me complete R&D. I played the first level earlier (up to

where you crush the combine car with a container

) and thought it was a bit boring, but what you said about it made it sound like it gets better. And it did. Although it's somewhat buggy and maybe lacking a bit of polish in places, I enjoyed it.

The Dragon Age bit was pretty interesting.

Otherwise, I didn't really notice a big difference in quality between this blast and regular casts. :deranged:

Research & Development was really fun!

The parts that were really retarded (such as

the THREE goddamn kill-the-chopper missions with the world exploding around you, where you're supposed to pick up the bombs thrown and lob them back at the chopper—why did they ever set these missions in places with so much pick-upable debris? I've never found these to be as big a chore in the proper Valve-designed games

) were well offset by the other gleeful bits (yay for the

weird vehicle romp at the end

).

Research & Development was really fun!

The parts that were really retarded (such as

the THREE goddamn kill-the-chopper missions with the world exploding around you, where you're supposed to pick up the bombs thrown and lob them back at the chopper—why did they ever set these missions in places with so much pick-upable debris? I've never found these to be as big a chore in the proper Valve-designed games

) were well offset by the other gleeful bits (yay for the

weird vehicle romp at the end

).

I agree partially, however I really got pissed off at the final fight in Half life 2 episode 2 (striders). I haven't finished it yet though.

I dont think you should be so afraid to not post these casts. This was amazing. If your worried about putting it up maybe just put it up as an MP3 on the site.

But i could'nt stop laughing during the entire thing. Put the other "failed" casts up! Please!

The Dragon Age bit was pretty interesting.

Otherwise, I didn't really notice a big difference in quality between this blast and regular casts. :deranged:

You're fired.

Seriously, I agree with the sentiments that this wasn't so far from a regular blast/cast. And I mean absolutely no offense by that. You guys have some kind of chemistry that makes about anything you do entertaining. And Chris, don't worry about the swearing. You guys could release a podcast where you take turns going around saying different swear words with the 'wizard' echo effect applied to them and I would still be thoroughly entertained. It says its explicit on the iTunes link and thats all that needs to be said about that.

In short, thanks for releasing this, one man's garbage is, well, you know...