Sign in to follow this  
gdf

Oh fuck ye- sigh... (Beneath a Steel Sky)

Some sweet news. Beneath a Steel Sky, officially the most awesome shit in the history of everything, is getting revamped! And Dave Gibbons is doing some art! It should be amazing!

And then you read it has a "context sensitive help system". Well, OK I guess, probably don't have to let it intrude.

And then you read it's for iPhone.

:zoid:

http://www.revolution.co.uk/_display.php?id=93

"Mini graphic novel?" The thing was like 16 pages or less!

I still don't understand the appeal of this game beyond the art and atmosphere though. It literally feels like the whole middle of the game is missing. You start off slow and don't really find out much about what is going on until you are abruptly thrust into the end game area where all is revealed quite suddenly. When I first played it as a younger version of myself, after finishing the game I checked the contents of the game folders thinking maybe my version of the game was missing portions somehow.

Maybe they can fix that this time around?

"Mini graphic novel?" The thing was like 16 pages or less!

Hey, I said 'mini'! Mini comic, then (which has a whole different connotation). Pamphlet.

That's how I experienced BaSS, went through it in a day or two last Christmas when they put it on there and I shat my pants with how good it was. This, on the other hand, blows.

Aren't they looking into releasing the game on other portable systems later on? Hopefully, that means Nintendo DS.

Hopefully they'll also see wisdom in a WiiWare or XBLA release. If they have the artwork at a sufficiently high resolution, that shouldn't be an insurmountable problem.

Aren't they looking into releasing the game on other portable systems later on? Hopefully, that means Nintendo DS.

Hopefully they'll also see wisdom in a WiiWare or XBLA release. If they have the artwork at a sufficiently high resolution, that shouldn't be an insurmountable problem.

I wonder if they can rescan all of the original backgrounds and hopefully show LucasArts a thing or two?

I'm betting this version gets a Wii release somehow.

Dave Gibbons also did all of the character close-ups for the Broken Sword special edition as well, so I'm guessing that's what he's doing here besides the movies?

EDIT: I saw this screenshot for Broken Sword 4 on their website and I thought it was hilarious.

bs4_3.jpg

Edited by syntheticgerbil

He's just prepared for when they do turn around and notice they should be holding him up.

WHY CAN'T YOU SEE
Because my eyes have been destroyed by squinting at the tiny screen...

Some sweet news. Beneath a Steel Sky, officially the most awesome shit in the history of everything, is getting revamped! And Dave Gibbons is doing some art! It should be amazing!

And then you read it has a "context sensitive help system". Well, OK I guess, probably don't have to let it intrude.

And then you read it's for iPhone.

:zoid:

http://www.revolution.co.uk/_display.php?id=93

Bah... why are these "special editions" for non-PC only? :(

This is seriously some weird shit. The Monkey Island revamp was for iPhone as well, but at least that came out after the PC version. Color me confuddled.