Sign in to follow this  
shawsie64

Rise of Flight - WW1 Flight sim

This is the sort of game that looks awesome and I really want to buy it. Then it hits me that I don't have a flightstick and I get bored of flight sims really quickly. It looks really nice though, even though they calculate the bullet's TRAJETORY.

edit: If someone starts Idle Thumbs dogfights I'm in, with keyboard and mouse.

I was sent a review copy of this but I don't have a flight stick. It kind of made me want to buy one though. Maybe I will.

Looks great, but let us know how optimised the engine is. A game like this I worry whether it'll run smoothly or not. I'm not keen on the DRM which requires you to be connected just to play singleplayer either, but if it's as good as it looks - and as optimised - I could stomach it.

Looks great, but let us know how optimised the engine is. A game like this I worry whether it'll run smoothly or not. I'm not keen on the DRM which requires you to be connected just to play singleplayer either, but if it's as good as it looks - and as optimised - I could stomach it.

No worries, will do. Im a bit bummed about the DRM too but then I think of how many of these hardcore sims (WW1 especially) are being made nowadays and id hate for these kind of games to disappear due to people not buying them.

I'm still waiting for it to come in the mail, fingers crossed it comes tonight. Ill have my freetrack set up by tonight aswell so it'll be like Christmas only with good presents as opposed to the shitty socks I get yearly haha.

P.S

Chris get a flight stick! ;)

I hope it's good. With the death of ACES we're facing a sad time in the Flight Simulation world. A lot of people are highly disappointed right now.

Response to someone asking the starting sequence for a Nieup 28:

Ill try my best, not a expert on the N28, but this is what works for me.

1) Get in airplane, fix straps, check controls, fix goggles ;)

2) Throttle should be set fully back, Mixture full rich.

3) CONTACT! (Hit the E key) then Wait! (the engine doesnt start immediatly, it turns, stops, then splutters into life).

4) Take off...Full throttle, keep an eye on the tachometer and lean for max revs.

5) Once rolling, GENTLE forward pressure on stick to raise the tail

6) Shouldnt take too long of a roll to get airbourne, once flying speed is attained she will climb nicely on full throttle. Adjust to maintain desired speed etc.

Being a rotary engine the N28 doesnt have a radiator, so no worries there. Just Lean with altitude to maintain max revs.

Hope that helps

:eek::gaming:

I hope they fix the trajetory physics.

This does look spectacular, but MechWarrior's about my limit when it comes to sims; I'm awful at them. :violin:

Edit: Which reminds me...

Edited by Wrestlevania

Response to someone asking the starting sequence for a Nieup 28:

:eek::gaming:

I hope they fix the trajetory physics.

haha that startup sequence is rad, love stuff like that.

Whats wrong with the trajetory physics? My copy is still not here :(

This does look spectacular, but MechWarrior's about my limit when it comes to sims; I'm awful at them. :violin:

I'm the same. They always look amazing, then I play them for about five minutes, don't understand anything and exit to Windows like ;(

Whats wrong with the trajetory physics? My copy is still not here :(

They accidentally all the trajetory.

Sometimes, in the game, if you're in a plane, sometimes... it calculates the wrong trajetory.

Sometimes, in the game, if you're in a plane, sometimes... it calculates the wrong trajetory.

hahaha =P been playing this game all weekend.. its pretty hardcore but there's options to change the simulation aspects to a more user friendly level. It reminds me of PC games i used to but years ago, comes with a keyboard chart and a map (that's actually usable). Instruction manual comes with nice facts about the planes your flying; the start up procedures (mentioned above) have a nice two pages dedicated to them.. The game maybe not be to everyones taste.. extremely sim orientated but for those that like that kind of stuff its right up their alley. Flight model is spot on (coming from myself that's actually been a WW1 fighter ace =p).

In summary DEFINITELY pick it up if your into flight sims, its amazing in that aspect.

So I liked HAWX, do you think I should buy this to get some more of that?