Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Idle Thumbs 31: The Future of Games

Hey surprise, we did a real one this week, too!

"The Future of Games"

You can't shut your eyes. A small child spots you, waves eagerly. You try to reach him, but are stopped short as the cables restraining your fingers go taut. Struggling against wires and straps binding your shoulders and feet, you get one last glimpse of the boy before he's dragged screaming into Max Payne's departing van.

Games Discussed: Overlord II, Max Payne 3, King's Bounty: TL, Blueberry Garden, Dawn of War II, StarCraft II, Pikmin 2

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

Edited by Jake

YAAAAAY!

...Seriously. A 10 minute cast is just a cruel tease. I think I'd actually rather you just say "sorry" and skip a week than put out a 10 minute episode. This makes everything better though. I shall listen on my way to work in (ugh) 6 hours.

This is awesome.

Anyone else becoming scarily dependent upon these podcasts? It's really weird, like someone said before, but it's literally the highlight of my week.

Thank you Idle Thumbs for brining joy into my :fart: life I guess.

The weird post-modern e-mail at the end was great, although it sounds like there should have been more of it.

Sweet episode!

You should post the supposedly insane email with blanked out names, I really want to read it after hearing you talk about it :)

This is awesome.

Anyone else becoming scarily dependent upon these podcasts? It's really weird, like someone said before, but it's literally the highlight of my week.

Thank you Idle Thumbs for brining joy into my :fart: life I guess.

The podcast is what makes my commute even possible. I have to rummage around the archives on off weeks, and I don't have a plan B for when I run out of that material :\

I listened to about half the cast on the way to work this morning but had to put it on hold upon my arrival.

Chris mentioned that Zeno Clash was on sale this weekend for $9.99. I went to Steam to purchase it but it's still regular price. Am I crazy? Was it a different game and my brain wishfully substituted Zeno Clash?

He definitely said Zeno Clash. Perhaps the weeekend hasn't officially started yet.

Face Controllers!

R7lcJWL8mhE

VtRVvBSbonk

Awesome and hilarious episode! Someone should make that peripheral thing happen.

Also, I think someone mentioned a cyborg. Speaking of cyborgs...

I don't know what's worse: The fact that you can sell review copies of games, or that YOU SOLD PUFFINS.

Expect a sterling rendition of "Sincerely: These Nuts" in your inbox over this outrage, gentlemen. :(

In the future, all games will be controlled by sensors which detect various bodily functions.

I can't wait for all the blood pressure dating sims!