Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbs

Any Company of Heroes Players on here?

This used to be my favourite game hands down, but it became less fun after OF, and I just got sick of all the bugs, so stopped playing after 2.301.

I saw there was a new patch out that's been well recieved by players, so I thought I'd give it another go. The fun has returned! (or so it seems).

So! Come and play CoH with me!

Ooh, me! I used to play a ton of this game until the newest patch came out. I somehow managed to fuck the patching up twice and after countless reinstalls and three days later I gave up on it... We'll have to see, maybe I'll give it another go sometime soon.

One of the best parts about CoH though is it's community on GameReplays. Those guys are totally awesome. They have all sorts of shoutcasts for great replays and nice mentoring programs for beginners. You should check it out if you already haven't.

Also, hate to nitpick, but shouldn't this be in "Multiplayer Networking"

You're probably right. I didn't consider. I'm just looking up all the old stuff I used to watch and listen to - the Tales of Heroes from Bridger and Vittensby were favourite. The last one on itunes is dated in May though, so I hope they haven't stopped!

[Edit] I didn't look at the year. May '08. :(

I did see a few posts from a few folk on GameReplays and relicnews that have had lots of problems with 2.6 - that sucks.

I remember once when I broke it, just after OF came out - I had a few unsuccessful re-installs until I got fed up, uninstalled it and went through the registry with a fine toothed comb and pulled out all the THQ/CoH references. It worked after that.

Ok, I got the game running again and I got to say it's as great as ever. The new maps in the automatch cycle are kind of confusing, but I'm sure I'll get used to them as time goes by. My new account is called Syllable, so add me up if you're up for a game or two.

Tales of Heroes was actually the reason I started playing CoH. A friend linked me to one of their episodes, hesitant at first I watched it and by the time it was over I knew I had to get this game. Too bad they stopped just a few weeks after that. Also, Bridger sounds just like Remo.

I'd be up for a game some time, but I warn you; I'm one of those boring types who sits back at his base building up impenetrable defences that crumble at first sight of the enemy. I wouldn't need the latest addon though would I? I only have Opposing Forces.

You'll be able to play online just fine if you just patch up to the latest version of the game. The patches are pretty huge though and can be a pain in the ass to install.

I'd be up for a game some time, but I warn you; I'm one of those boring types who sits back at his base building up impenetrable defences that crumble at first sight of the enemy. I wouldn't need the latest addon though would I? I only have Opposing Forces.

Turtling never works with CoH. It leads to death. Always. This is what set it apart from pretty much every other RTS.

P.s. Wurtzi - if you fancy a game sometime, give me a shout. 'norfolknclue' is my main profile.

Unless you're British :shifty: (In-game, not if you're actually from Britain, though you never know)

Oooh, I dunno. British turtlers get wtfpwnz0red by double shrek Wermacht. If you can get close enough. Depends on the map too, I guess. The British are bloody annoying though. [in game, or was that a faux-pas? :) ]