Ben X

'Time Gentlemen, Please!' from Size Five Games

Thunderpeel - I think Dan and Ben would probably address the world by quoting the end speech from Bill And Ted's Bogus Journey!

Ooh, something like this?

BEN AND DAN LOOK OUT ON THE ENRAPTURED CROWD, SUDDENLY HUSHED FROM THEIR APPEARANCE AT THE PODIUMS

Dan: Ben, I think they want us to say something.

Ben: What should I say?

Dan: Make something up.

Ben: Er... Be excellent to each other.

Dan: Party on, dudes!

Ben: Good one, Dan.

BEN AND DAN LOOK OUT TO THE CROWD WITH BIG SMILES ON THEIR FACES... THE SOUND OF CRICKETS AND A SLIGHT BREEZE IS HEARD

Dan: Hello? Did you hear us?

Ben: It's Ben and Dan...

SUDDENLY THE CROWD STARTED CHANTING AGAIN -- "BEN AND DAN ... BEN AND DAN ... BEN AND DAN"

Den: Oh dear...

Ben: It seems everyone's turned into...

Ben and Dan together: MINDLESS ZOMBIES!!!

THE END

(Can we say, Special Edition? -shifty eyebrow smiley-)

Also, just bought TGP from your site. Hope you're making good sales from it! (How do I play it full screen?)

Exactly like that, except the crowd chant "DAN AND BEN" and we'd never use three exclamation marks :)

For fullscreen, you should be able to tick a box in the game's setup utility - if you bought it through Steam, right click in My Games-> Configure; if you bought it from ZCS, setup is installed to All Programs with the game.

If that doesn't work, let me know or email [email protected]. Just to warn you, though, AGS isn't brilliant with fullscreen, so the picture may get stretched depending on your set up.

Hey!

UK TV giant Channel 4 has invested a multi-million pound figure in the development of its own Xbox and PC games.

The move is part of a £4.5m fund – half of which is finding its way to UK independent companies such as Tuna Technologies, Beatnik Games, Zombie Cow Studios, Six to Start, Preloaded and Littleloud to fund projects up to £800,000 in size.

“...Our plan with the Zombie Cow game is to get it on the Xbox Live Indie Games channel,” Taylor explained.

Congratulations! As long as you don't have to make Big Brother, Hollyoaks or Come Dine With Me-related games down the line. Lobby for the Dead Set licence, instead. Or Brass Eye: The Game.

Source

don't forget beatnik games, they're also represented on idlethumbs: [thread]6132[/thread]

I really enjoyed both games, great stuff, and they somehow managed to make me buy and play adventure games again, which I like as well. (Wadjet Eye Games' games right know.) Thumbs up for you!

How are the sales? Any idea about piracy-proportions? Again, just curious, hope you're doing well.

And no-thanks for not answering my previous Steam-questions, suckers.

Those are all really Dan-questions, and he's generally quite vague about that stuff! The sales are going pretty well, but let's just say that the 50 000 people who downloaded BTDT directly from our site didn't come back and buy TGP. Piracy is happening, probably at a 'typical' rate, but we're hoping it will lead to word of mouth, guilty donations and company awareness.

Glad you enjoyed the games, tell your friends!

As for Steam, three words for you: NDA.

Considering there's no torrent for TGP, you must be doing poorly .

ps, are you aware that there was a British sitcom called "Time Gentlemen Please"?

Considering there's no torrent for TGP, you must be doing poorly.

ps, are you aware that there was a British sitcom called "Time Gentlemen Please"?

Eh?

And, yeah, but it's a generic enough phrase and a little-known enough show in a different medium that we didn't worry about it. Also, it was written by comedy legend Richard Herring, who is to thank for us writing skeleton as 'skellington', so I quite like the distant association.

tell your friends!
Oh, I did, but they just gazed at me and then smiled and nodded. And then changed the subject. They don't play games.

I think elmuerte is saying any popular game would have a torrent for people to pirate it, which means that you can't be doing too well (or people are not pirating it as much as many other games).

I've seen it available, not as a torrent but on these other download sites (rapidshare, etc.), so it definitely has some pirate potential.

Eh?

You said "Piracy is happening, probably at a 'typical' rate", but it doesn't look like it. So... you guys are not doing a good job at getting "pirated".

Ahhh, I see. Well, all I know is that Dan has said on the zombie cow forums that it's up on a lot of naughty sites, and is getting "torrented to fuck" (although he may be using 'torrented' as a more general term than he should).

I'm not sure I want to know how many people have nicked it compared to how many bought it/donated :barf:

Ben There, Dan That! took a solid 3 months full-time work, then we took a break for about a year, before spending three part-time months finishing it off.

Time Gentlemen, Please! took 9 months of part-time work in evenings and weekends, and one month full-time slog.

I felt sorta guilty that I got the game for free, so I donated another 10 pounds to you fine dudes.

Both BTDT and TGP gave me that lovely adventure game feeling. Just swell work, guys. Swell.

Just for that, I'm torrenting the game. Ohhhh wait, I can't, since no one cares enough to put it up!

I'm sorry.

Edit: To be completely fair and not at all mean, I have seen it on a number of private torrent sites I frequent.

just because it's free doesn't mean there shouldn't be a torrent, there are also torrents for firefox