Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Who you gonna call?

Ghostbusters! The video game.

This is out today right? Anyone grabbed it yet? Supposedly it's good, I think some coop may be needed to access full potential awesomeness.

:slimer:

Ghostbusters! The video game.

This is out today right? Anyone grabbed it yet? Supposedly it's good, I think some coop may be needed to access full potential awesomeness.

:slimer:

It is indeed out, and I've been playing it (on 360), and it is rad. Trapping your first sweet ghost is a feeling I've been waiting for since I was a kid playing GB with a friend, throwing his little plastic trap around his rec room and yelling about protonic reversals. The Ghostbusters game also has crazy awesome acheivments

"You've gotta try this pole!"

and the PKE meter is used to great effect to learn weaknessess of specific ghosts and collect cursed artifacts (which will appear in the firehouse after you collect them in the level).

I really want to play some co-op, apparently on the 360 it's set up so that you just play portions of the campaign levels together, as opposed to the Wii which features full splitscreen campaign co-op.

Finally, there are more references and nods to the various Ghostbusters franchises (the two movies, Extreme Ghostbusters, The Real Ghostbusters, etc) than you can shake a stick at, which is a treat for fans of the series. In closing, busting makes me feel good.

Err... Surely today's big release is THIS!

Wondering if a game can be considered the day's big release?

Ask yourself one thing

Does it have ghosts?

Additionally, anybody who gets the GB game for the 360 should totally shoot me a friend request (GT is also Shakesbeard) so that we can feel good, whilst bustin'.

Does it have ghosts?

Yeah, you can put on the top ghost and grind a sweet ghost is what they say about the game...

Wondering if a game can be considered the day's big release?

Ask yourself one thing

Does it have ghosts?

Additionally, anybody who gets the GB game for the 360 should totally shoot me a friend request (GT is also Shakesbeard) so that we can feel good, whilst bustin'.

But it's the TENTH iteration. Adding together all the improvements over the previous 9 games, this game MUST be awesome!

But, you're right. It doesn't feature ghosts... I guess I'll hold out for number 11.

It's not the tenth one. All the EA games are 10s this year, from the 21st anniversary Madden game, to the whateverth any other sports game. I guess this doesn't preclude it from being the tenth Tiger game, and I'm too lazy to actually look it up, but they're all 10s because they're the 2010 edition.

You know, if people like golf games I don't see why you shouldn't give them 1 every year...

It's not the tenth one. All the EA games are 10s this year, from the 21st anniversary Madden game, to the whateverth any other sports game. I guess this doesn't preclude it from being the tenth Tiger game, and I'm too lazy to actually look it up, but they're all 10s because they're the 2010 edition.

You're right... it's the 11th! :eek:

I'm glad this thread went off the rails so quickly, now I don't need to vent about how my 360 red-ringed a week prior to my most anticipated game in years was released. The absence of bustin' is making me feel not so good.

I'm glad this thread went off the rails so quickly, now I don't need to vent about how my 360 red-ringed a week prior to my most anticipated game in years was released. The absence of bustin' is making me feel not so good.

I've never had a 360 red ring, and I've been installing games to the hd like crazy in an effort to preserve my system, I'm wondering what your situation was before it crapped out. Did you notice anything strange beforehand? How long did you have your 360 for?

(oh and if anyone has any questions about the 360 version, feel free to ask away.)

Indeed: first it stopped being able to play from the disc (the game would just freeze mid-game), but fortunately it was still able to install games to the hard drive just fine, so I could still play that way. For about three weeks I was playing everything exclusively from the hard drive, and things were going just fine until one day last week it actually froze in the 360 menu. I restarted the system, and it was ringapalooza.

The 360 is about 13 months old or so, I bought it the same day GTA 4 came out.

Don't hear a lot of good things about the PC version (engine wise).

also.. RRP in the USA is $30... wtf is it 50 euros in europe!? or is this a scam from the european retailers?

Err... Surely today's big release is THIS!

The Wii version is fun, because: motion-plus. Also: Virtua Tennis!!!

That's harsh, HT. Mine went a week before Rock Band 2. I don't know how US is, but their Canadian support is ridiculously fast. Was back playing again within 2 weeks of the crap-out. Hoping your situation is resolved as quickly. For the record, I had my original 360 from August 2006 to October 2008 before it went boom.

What are the differences between the 360/PS3 version and the Wii/PS2 version? I heard that the former is more actiony and the latter more puzzley; is that correct? How does it work wrt plot and general gameyness?

I hope that's the case, because right now I'm pretty annoyed. Even Egon is upset about it...

powerneedso.jpg

You're a fucking genius !

What are the differences between the 360/PS3 version and the Wii/PS2 version? I heard that the former is more actiony and the latter more puzzley; is that correct? How does it work wrt plot and general gameyness?
Don't know about the PS2 version, but arsTechnica seems to think the Wii version is more cartoony than the x360/PS3 ones.

They still think it's more a rental, rather than a buy.

As for x360 vs. PS3 :

Seems the x360 version might have a slight edge over the PS3 one.

Actually, the PS3 version runs at "75% of the resolution" of the 360 version. Apparently.

That's ok, the xbox360 versions runs at 7% of the resolution of the PC version