zomboid

The sad sad tale of Tim Langdell

IGDA finally booted the guy out too...

Gotta say though, Bobby Bearing is a cutey

:edge: :edge: :violin:

"nontrepreneur". I like it. Describes his type very well.

That really is some incredible behaviour for someone is a court of law. I can't fathom how he thought he could get away with any of it. It suggests some kind of megalomania or solipsism or something. You just know that inside he is ranting about "how it's all their fault and that stupid judge etc"

Edited by DanJW

Wow. I think most people just feel sorry for him now! What petty lies he has built. I'm surprised he is getting away with consistently lying about pretty much everything he brought forth.

:edge::edge::edge::edge::edge::edge::edge::edge:

What an absolute dickhead. I've been aware of this character for a long time but I never realised how ridiculously extensive and blatant his lying was. I mean, to do all that shit in court — it's incredible.

I mean, even when you look at the EDGE Games home page you can see how it's literally been crafted to do nothing but provide a platform for his trademark bullshit. Even the top menu just does nothing.

I mean, even when you look at the EDGE Games home page you can see how it's literally been crafted to do nothing but provide a platform for his trademark bullshit. Even the top menu just does nothing.

Holy crap it still says right there on his website that future publishing is under licence from him!

And no, PiratePoo, I don't feel sorry for him at all. In fact I think he needs to be punished more, with a prison sentence. I consider much of his activity to be criminal.

I'd love someone to get a comment from the IGDA on how they gave this person a place on their board.

Holy crap it still says right there on his website that future publishing is under licence from him!

Yeah, and the same story goes for those other random products on the page. The games that are mentioned only 'exist' so he's been able to take down shit on Apple's app store and stuff. So shameless it makes me want to just slap the crap out of him.

I agree that more punishment is necessary for such brazen assholery. Ideally I'd like to see him not only lose any and all money he's made from his various lawsuits, but also lose a considerable amount beyond that and end up in prison for a short while. I want him absolutely ruined.

My former boss met him once at GDC, before any of the furore with Mobigames that propelled him into wider view. Apparently, he got all cocky and a bit offended: "Oh, you haven't heard of me?". Twat.

Sisyphean

What? I don't understand this! Write like normal folks, not like some fancy professor!

What? I don't understand this! Write like normal folks, not like some fancy professor!

Okay then.

I find it quite absurd the lengths Langdell is willing to go to vindicate his belief that...

Wait, no, shit. Let me start over.

It's fucking insane how that dude keeps on truckin'. That's totally a lost cause there, buddy!

Reminds me of this awesome GIF I found on Digg last week. Look at the little dude go!

pTAMs.gif

People still use the word "dude," right?

Don't listen to this man.

We always have Google for the trickier words (I didn't know what it meant either, link).

People still use the word "dude," right?

I understand the word "dude" :tup:

Or, if you have Chrome, use this. You double click on a word to select it and it automatically gives you the definition in a little bubble thing. :tup:

"Deceive (someone) in a playful or teasing way"

Wow, ace add-on!

I knew what it meant, it's one of my favourite words (and most used in my current job).

Anyway, do we think this is Langdell trying to cover himself for any future court cases now that a sort of precedent has been set and everyone he fucked over might come after him?

I think that's exactly it. He's realized "oh shit, I have to do something to bolster my claims."

This text on the Bobby Bearing website baffles me:

BUY MOBIGAME'S GAME

"EDGE"!

Mobigame and Edge Games are not connected or associated, but Mobigame's games rock. Now we are free of the restrictions and requirements placed on us by our prior agreement with Future Publishing, we heartily recommend you check out Mobigame's games!

So, is he saying that Future Publishing made him threaten Mobigame with a lawsuit?

Sisyphean

Steady on! He may not have covered himself in glory, here, but there's no reason to suggest that he has a sexually transmitted disease.

Seriously, if I were Mobigames, I'd ask Langdell to remove the blurb from his website. Nothing good can come from being associating with Langdell/EDGE.