zomboid

The sad sad tale of Tim Langdell

Interesting article about Mobigames (and a long list of others) -vs- Tim Langdell/EDGE Games.

http://tigsource.com/articles/2009/06/09/tim-langdell-and-edge-part-two

And because he probably googles himself on a regular basis, I'd like to offer this little morsel up: Tim Langdell is a fucking parasite. Eat a bowl of bloody shit you worthless, talentless troll.

And further... HERE is a petition if you feel so inclined.

I read Derek Yu's thorough editorial on TIG Source last week, regarding Langdell's bottom-feeding approach to business. Very interesting and definitely worth a nose if you have even the remotest interest in branding and trade mark "infringement" (read: feckless, lazy money-spinning).

Any news articles on how/why Mobigames saw fit to (presumably) ignore The Langdell's punitive legal threats and put Edge back on the iTunes App Store?

I'm actually making a short game based on this. Like a tycoon game, except you have no product except single-word trademarks, and no source of income besides frivolous lawsuits. It should be out this weekend. PM me if you want to help test it before then.

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=6619.0

I read the TIG source piece on him too. I find it pretty disgusting that he managed to get onto the IGDA board. They're not doing so well this year between him, Michael Capps on quality of life, and Jason Della Rocca leaving.

I was so not surprised to find Chris on the first page of the petition... :D

"A hEDGEr wEDGEd his flEDGEd hEDGEhog in his drEDGEr."

I wonder if Tim Langdell will acknowlEDGE this hEDGE.

"A hEDGEr wEDGEd his flEDGEd hEDGEhog in his drEDGEr."

I wonder if Tim Langdell will acknowlEDGE this hEDGE.

Pro'ly, the vEDGEtable.

amidoingitright?

Making a mental note to try this either tonight or at the weekend.

Regardles, congratulations on all the congratulations, Noyb. Seems to have gone down particularly well on the TIG Source forums, so well done.

I also think this sort of creation is particularly important in keeping video games "honest" and culturally relevant. So nice work on that front, too. :yep:

First, EDGE is apparently back on the iPhone store. My mp3 player doesn't even play video, so I haven't had a chance to try it.

Second, glad y'all enjoyed my game! :D

Edge Tycoon got 2nd place in the Edge games competition. Short a mere three votes for first. I had too much integrity

(completely forgot)

to beg friends and forum-mates for votes. Whoops. :grin:

Nearly all of the games are short/good enough to be worth checking out.

Surely he can be done for malicious business practice and deception :eek:

There once was a douche called Langdell

The people all thought he would hang well

But they can't raise the gallows

And count his last swallows

He owned edges in crossbeams and church bell

Edge has been pulled again, without Mobigame's knowledge, from all iTunes regions. :frusty:

This should be talked about more widely, IMO. I spoke to a TIGA board member this week who hadn't heard about this, or the Mike Capps thing. Pretty important news that an organisation that campaigns for developers rights has people on the board who seem to be contradicting the org's causes.

Oh, him contradicting the quality of life campaigning of the IGDA by supporting 60+ hour working weeks, and then talking about how good Epic are because they make people go home to sleep if they're still in the office at 2a.m.

Also, allegedly, saying that they like to hire people who are having marital difficulties because they know they'll want to spend more time at the office. Saw a few people referring to that, but can't find it in print right now.

Oh that, I think most of that was blown out of proportions.

But the part about hiring people who are having marital difficulties is completely new to me, and actually sounds quite ridiculous to me.