Sign in to follow this  
twmac

Ninja Blade

This dropped in price by twenty dollars and after playing the demo which I sort of liked (and having just finished Red Faction) I decided to buy it.

In short, I don't give a shit what anyone says, this game (despite the extensive QTEs) is better than Ninja Gaiden.

I've just sat through the first two levels of it with a big shit-eating grin on my face. The combat is over the top, taking riffs from both God of War and Ninja Gaiden but sealing it in a beautifully cheesy, non-sensical story with absolutely over the top set pieces.

Another thing that I really like about the game is the way the diffculty settings work. First you can change the difficulty of the Quick Time events, so if you suck at them you can simplify them to the point of just enjoying the action that is going on in the background (but the game penalises your highscores at the end of the level). Secondly you will see different aspects of a level and boss fight depending on what difficulty you have the game on. So, if you have it on easy the boss's fight patterns are pretty lack lustre and easy. Ramp it up to hard and you will find yourself doing stuff that simply doesn't happen on normal or easy. Not just 'the characters have more health and do more damage' they actually have different attack routines and different things you have to do to beat them.

If you see it cheap, enjoyed God of War or Ninja Gaiden, this game is well worth picking up.

This game...oh man. I had way more fun with this than I had any right to. It's silly as hell, the voice acting is hilarious, the story is a trainwreck and the qte's are nigh CONSTANT - but it's also hella fun. Controls make or break a game for me a lot of the time and Ninja Blade hits a great balance of precision and somewhat-floaty forgiveness. I love the different weapons, from the big beefy broadsword (which can be upgraded to allow for SWORD-SURFING) to the dual extendo-blades that have you Spider-man swinging all over certain levels and bosses. There's a remarkable depth and variety to the attacks you can unlock by upgrading the various blades, and they just get crazier and more imaginative as time goes on. (I distinctly recall breakdancing, doing "the windmill" as it were, with a sword feld between my feet...)

Oh and one of my favorite surprises is how you can customize the color of every item on your ninja, so naturally I played through the first half of the game as a pink and black checkered badass. :clap:

I love Ninja Blade.

I'm so glad to find I'm not the only one who appreciates how ridiculous this game is. I LOVED the demo, it was hilarious. Ninjas on motorcycles jumping out of helicopters and fighting insane spiders. I haven't picked it up yet, but if it's down in price, I'm going to have to on the way home.

Adding to Que...

A trashy/shitty B-movie but fun game favorite of mine is Gunwitch, because, I mean it's fucking called GUNWITCH. And also, you get to fight flying eyeballs on top of a plane. It's berzerk!

Adding to Que...

A trashy/shitty B-movie but fun game favorite of mine is Gunwitch, because, I mean it's fucking called GUNWITCH. And also, you get to fight flying eyeballs on top of a plane. It's berzerk!

You talkin' 'bout Bullet Witch? Goddamn the controls (along with a lot of other things) totally ruined that game for me. I haaaaate that game.

If there's a game called Gunwitch out there you have my apologies, carry on.

You talkin' 'bout Bullet Witch? Goddamn the controls (along with a lot of other things) totally ruined that game for me. I haaaaate that game.

If there's a game called Gunwitch out there you have my apologies, carry on.

Holy shit, I totally meant Bullet Witch! And yeah, it controls like shit - but you can play through on easy and then restart on Medium w/ all your upgrades carrying over, etc... Also the Tornado power was fucking cool. I won't argue that it's a horribly broken game with a retarded story knee-deep in the river of cheese. But I will say I enjoyed it enough to purchase it for 8 dollars used. What can I say? I love witches.

Gunwitch is a character from Dan Brereton's Nocturnals comic book. Who, come to think on of it, would make a pretty sweet video game protagonist.

Sweet, other people have played Ninja Blade and like it.

I just fought a worm boss where you jump up, as it spews vehicles from its maw then you grab a motorcycle mid air ride down a bus that flying towards you and jump kick it into the beast gaping dune-like jaws and kill it. This game is awesome. From Software know how to make parody games really well (it is probably why they don't sell because people who play games don't seem to have a sense of humour). It even has a character called Richard Wilson who is the

in one of From Software's other games.

Bullet witch had some great super powers, I tested it and I have to say that I couldn't love it the way I love Ninja Blade.

Bullet witch had some great super powers, I tested it and I have to say that I couldn't love it the way I love Ninja Blade.

Yeah. What I gather from the comments is that Ninja Blade is tounge-in-cheek, and Bullet Witch took itself seriously (which is what made it funny). Also, based on the demo Ninja Blade has 10x higher production values.

Kind of a weak comparison, I'll admit.