Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Beatles: Rock Band

Wow, that kind of sucks that you have to spend so much to get the Beatle-fied versions of the instruments. I wonder if there's any difference besides how they look?
I haven't used the RB2 instruments, but I have both guitar and drums from RB1, and I played one of the guitars from Beatles at E3. I could definitely tell it was an improvement from the RB1 guitar, but can't say if its just a remodeled RB2 one or if its even better. Not sure if they are worth $99 individually though when you can get RB1 and 2 peripherals pretty cheap these days.

Damn Day Tripper achievement. I am dead on my feet today at work because of it.

Very fun! the little game tweaks (like changing difficulty from the start menu, the three second countdown after you unpause, the achievement tracking, etc.) are all very welcome additions. I've only played on drums so far but all most of the songs I considered fun to play. The dreamscapes were distractingly beautiful to the point where i messed up a few times because I got myself hipmotized. Of course my back, right forearm and right calf muscle all hurt like hell but... worth it!

Oh God, I am loving it. I am almost done with Abbey Road 68-69. Like thl said, I love some of the subtle improvements, like the countdown after you unpause. The game is beautiful and these songs are just so damn fun to play.

The pictures/movies section is pretty cool. The pictures section is kind of like a book about the history of the beatles, with lots of interesting info, like how the Beatles liked to play and sing girl-group songs early on.

The story mode has an interesting arc to it as well. In the beginning, they're mobbed by millions, then by the end, there are like 20 people watching at that final show, and they're just hanging out and enjoying and they have beards and look like normal dudes.

...then by the end, there are like 20 people watching at that final show, and they're just hanging out and enjoying and they have beards and look like normal dudes.

That last gig was an impromptu one on the top of their record studio.

I have to say it was much as I expected - rock band with beatles songs. Nothing amazing but I'm sure it'll be a hit at parties

Goddamn. I bought a Lips bundle because I heard that the mics work with Beatles. Confirmed, and also, three part harmonies are fucking amazing. Whether or not Lips ever comes out of the shrink wrap, this was worth it. I already had a mic stand, so I play guitar/bass and sing, or drum while the other three all sing and play depending on mood. Shit, this is the best local multiplay I've had in a long time. I really hope harmonies and backup (in any song that will allow it) are mainstays in Rock Band from here out.

The first day, I played through the story on guitar/vocals at the same time (pretty difficult because I don't know the lyrics THAT well, but tons of fun), and beat the game. Then I basically played the whole game again on drums, and got tons of full combos. However, surprisingly, all the songs were fun to play! The difficulty actually didn't bother me at all, because despite being somewhat easy, they're not boring, like some RB DLC that's just a basic drumbeat throughout the whole song.

And to reiterate what I've always said, if nothing else, get this game for the karaoke!

Agreed, I was worried about the drums being dull, but somehow they're not, despite being (mostly) pretty easy. I think Ringo's left-handedness helps keep things interesting. That guy really had a wacky style of drumming.

Dang. Well, I guess I just really agreed with it then. I think it was what I was intending to say and then I noticed that another dude had already written it. My bad.

Like I said earlier, I've been using Rock Band to try to learn to play the drums.

So far, I've progressed up to the jagged border between hard and expert. I've been trying to work on my limb independence as Remo said. This means, say varying the volume of the foot pedal or the snare while keeping other limbs constant and things like that. It seems like this variation is where a lot of the musicality and expression of drums comes from.

I'm right handed, but I'm also trying to train my left hand and foot, because I figure once lefty is good, he'll be able to help out righty in more situations without taking up too much of my brain power.

This has been a really interesting experience, because it showed me the relationship between practice and my perception of time: when you do something novel, time speeds up; when you do something familiar time slows down. This has changed the way that I approach practicing my other instruments and has really helped me.

Anyways, thanks for the tip Chris it has been helpful so far.

Who said Henry the Horse has to be an actual horse?

With that in mind, I had a very difficult choice this afternoon between L4D2, GTA, and Sgt. Pepper. I played L4D2 until I realized I needed to leave for work. Then I learned that thanks to my girlfriend being around tonight and me not needing to walk the dog before leaving, I could play an hour of GTA. No Sgt. Pepper for me. I intend to play the shit out of "Fixing a Hole" when I get home tonight though.

Sgt. Pepper's came out today, and there wasn't a single horse dancing a single waltz in it.

I immediately thought of the Simpsons episode where Homer is seen watching Twin Peaks.

Holy crap! There's an amazing sale on at HMV here in the UK and I want to pick up a Beatles Rock Band guitar (I'm still using the wired RB1 controller -- it's time I upgraded). Question is:

Rickenbacker or Gretsch Duo Jet?

I'm torn between the two of them! Anyone got any experience with both of them? (I guess I'm looking quite fiercely at Miffy right now :))

Sorry, I'm a George man, so I only have the Gretsch. I highly recommend it though. The Rickenbacker looked a bit too bulky to be comfortable playing for long sessions, and my Gretsch is perfectly sized. I loves that little guitar. Get it, get the game, then buy the three available album downloads. I think you can play online too, so I'd be happy to help you rack up a ton of points if you're online.

Sorry, I'm a George man, so I only have the Gretsch. I highly recommend it though. The Rickenbacker looked a bit too bulky to be comfortable playing for long sessions, and my Gretsch is perfectly sized. I loves that little guitar. Get it, get the game, then buy the three available album downloads. I think you can play online too, so I'd be happy to help you rack up a ton of points if you're online.

Awesome! Thanks for the advice, I'll shall order it pronto! :tup:

Holy crap! It's gone! They don't even sell the Gretsch or the Rickenbacker anymore... I got really lucky!

Plus, the Rickenbacker was actually out of stock when I asked for advice, so if I hadn't have ordered the Gretsch when I did, I probably never would have gotten it. Awesome awesome awesome! :tup: Great advice, Miffy!

Can't believe I got a new Beatles controller for only £30GBP ($48) inc. shipping! Best present ever! :clap::woohoo:

That sure was a good deal.

They never even sold RB2 instruments in Europe at all I think and in Finland The Beatles are only sold as a band pack and limited edition pack for all consoles and both are selling for 100-200 euros.

I had to buy my RB2 guitar for Wii from eBay and to top it all I even had to pay the damn taxes because the price+shipping was over the limit.