Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Beatles: Rock Band

Any advice on how to not bother the neighbors while playing drums?

Do you have to both at the same time?

Any advice on how to not bother the neighbors while playing drums?

I presume an ION kit is much quieter than the original RB1 kit? To be honest the deafening clacking of the drums is the main reason why my friends and I dislike it so much. Shame.

Regarding the RB2 guitar... I'm intrigued! Is it really THAT much better than the RB1 version?

I presume an ION kit is much quieter than the original RB1 kit? To be honest the deafening clacking of the drums is the main reason why my friends and I dislike it so much. Shame.

Regarding the RB2 guitar... I'm intrigued! Is it really THAT much better than the RB1 version?

I don't find the ION Kit to be that much quieter, just less annoying. The Rock Band 1 kit goes "CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK", whereas the ION goes "thump thump thump thump". The pedal that comes with the ION also clanks a bit, but most people I know replace it with either the stock pedal or a real pedal substitute.

Rock Band 2 Stratocasters: It's like day and night.

I don't find the ION Kit to be that much quieter, just less annoying. The Rock Band 1 kit goes "CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK", whereas the ION goes "thump thump thump thump". The pedal that comes with the ION also clanks a bit, but most people I know replace it with either the stock pedal or a real pedal substitute.

Rock Band 2 Stratocasters: It's like day and night.

It's a huge difference to me, between the ION and the standard kit. The ION is much quieter. I use the stock pedal, and the combination of soft rubber drum pads and the weak plastic original pedal make for the quietest combination.

The Rock Band 2 kit is relatively quiet, at least not compared to the RB1 kit. I don't know how it compared to the ION kit though.

Granted, the rubber pads will occasionally come loose, but it's nothing a little superglue won't fix.

Had a chance to play it today and it's great. A lot like Rock Band (surprise) and actually quite hard - I'll never say a bad thing about Ringo's drumming again

Had a chance to play it today and it's great. A lot like Rock Band (surprise) and actually quite hard - I'll never say a bad thing about Ringo's drumming again

Huh! Word on the street was that it was too easy. Guess that might be a load of rubbish then :tup:

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Feel free to say plenty of bad things about his singing, though.

I just wanted to draw attention to this joke. It clearly isn't getting the recognition it deserves

Huh! Word on the street was that it was too easy. Guess that might be a load of rubbish then :tup:

I thought so, bear in mind I normally drum on medium and play guitar on hard and possibly suck at video games

So wasn't there some kind of apocolyptic warning about this game on the forums a little while ago? I can't seem to find it right now but did anyone ever figure out what it was all about?

Was that back in March? The gist was that the game was too easy, supposedly. But that WAS five months ago, I wouldn't let it sway my opinion now (and it wasn't anywhere near as dire as the poster made it sound).

Was that back in March? The gist was that the game was too easy, supposedly. But that WAS five months ago, I wouldn't let it sway my opinion now (and it wasn't anywhere near as dire as the poster made it sound).
I played it at E3, but since I wasn't sure how difficult the song would be (Get Back) I played on medium (usually play hard or sometimes expert on RB2) and it was really easy, only reason I missed a few notes was because their TVs weren't synced well with the game. That said it doesn't help much since medium isn't very hard in the first place when you're used to hard and expert.

I'm definitely getting this shortly after release, probably one of my top games that I've been looking forward to this year. Only thing that is slightly disappointing is how they seem to really want to be cashing in with DLC. I don't have a problem with Rock Band DLC usually because its completely optional and you can pick and choose what you want, but 45 songs is a lot less than the 80+ that came with RB2 and they're already talking about Abbey Road and Sgt Peppers as DLC.

edit: Also for getting quiet drums, I bought my RB1 drumset from a dude off craigslist, and he glued pieces of felt to the drum pads, and while they are still loud enough, its probably still worth it.

So, is there a variable package coming out with this game, or do you need to buy the full thing with drums and guitars in one go? Ideally there's a package with a guitar and microphone, but not the drums.

So, is there a variable package coming out with this game, or do you need to buy the full thing with drums and guitars in one go? Ideally there's a package with a guitar and microphone, but not the drums.
I think you can either buy the huge bundle, or you can buy the game separately and then guitars will also be sold separately, but I don't think there are any bundles besides the one with guitar, drums, and mic.

Well, there are two packages with instruments. The deluxe one has all the Beatles-y instruments, and the value one has RB1 instruments packed in. You can also buy it as just the disc.

Ah, I didn't know they had one with regular RB instruments. That's good as I don't know many people willing to shell out the $250 for the Beatles pack.

Wow, that kind of sucks that you have to spend so much to get the Beatle-fied versions of the instruments. I wonder if there's any difference besides how they look?